Sign in to follow this  
KEEPCARLM

My biggest concern about this going stand-a-lone

Now… hear me out this may upset many of you.

Now, there are certain aspects to this game which we all know make it tense and enjoyable. The fact you can be running through some trees in the middle of nowhere and be on the receiving end of Winchester fire, how you can go into a shed as a fresh spawn and get blocked in by glitch zombies and having no way of escaping, or going to Stary Sobor military tents without being sniped. There are many things that make DayZ great, but there is one certain aspect which may be damaged by this game going stand-a-lone.

That is, indeed part of the food system. At this point you’re probably wandering how the game going stand-a-lone effects the food system. Well, it doesn’t exactly… but say goodbye to Heinz Beans.

It’s a trademarked brand, Rocket won’t be able to use any brands in game without consent from the companies that manufacture them. This is a bigger issue than it should be, since practically speaking, this whole mod has been built around Heinz Beans, removing them removes the soul of the game. I want to know how this situation will be tackled by the dev team.

• Like 12

I just want to play the game without the fear of being mass ported and killed by some retarded kid.

Just rename them to "Beans" fixed.

Edited by D3nty

An Xbox version would be good

An Xbox version would be horrible. The last thing we need is 1,000,000+ 12 year old COD players getting Day Z and whining about everything (especially dying and losing there stuff.) Besides, I doubt the xbox controller is usable with how many buttons are needed to play the game.

• Like 3

I just want to play the game without the fear of being mass ported and killed by some retarded kid.

Just rename them to "Beans" fixed.

But they aren't just any beans, sir. Heinz beans are mad special yo

And beans to the op for bringing special attention to this upsetting news

They might as well shut this shit down. Pack it up fellas, it's game over. No beans.

An Xbox version would be horrible. The last thing we need is 1,000,000+ 12 year old COD players getting Day Z and whining about everything (especially dying and losing there stuff.) Besides, I doubt the xbox controller is usable with how many buttons are needed to play the game.

So you'd rather the million twelve year olds play the PC version instead?

The version that can and will be changed due to feedback rather than them getting their own bolted down version that wont change no matter how much they moan becuase of how much MS charges devs to release patches/DLC? Xbox version will probably be produced once the PC version is locked down. It's not like the Xbox version of Minecraft makes the PC version any worse...

You've got some strange logic

:huh:

Plus, you don't use that many buttons in DayZ, most of them are redundant or from bad design. The only problem is the aiming wont be as great as a mouse but that wont bother the twelve year olds...

Edited by ironman Tetsuo
  • Like 2

Now… hear me out this may upset many of you.

Now, there are certain aspects to this game which we all know make it tense and enjoyable. The fact you can be running through some trees in the middle of nowhere and be on the receiving end of Winchester fire, how you can go into a shed as a fresh spawn and get blocked in by glitch zombies and having no way of escaping, or going to Stary Sobor military tents without being sniped. There are many things that make DayZ great, but there is one certain aspect which may be damaged by this game going stand-a-lone.

That is, indeed part of the food system. At this point you’re probably wandering how the game going stand-a-lone effects the food system. Well, it doesn’t exactly… but say goodbye to Heinz Beans.

It’s a trademarked brand, Rocket won’t be able to use any brands in game without consent from the companies that manufacture them. This is a bigger issue than it should be, since practically speaking, this whole mod has been built around Heinz Beans, removing them removes the soul of the game. I want to know how this situation will be tackled by the dev team.

free advertisment bad ?

wudnt they actually pay to be represented in game ?

Edited by M4L
  • Like 1

The version that can and will be changed due to feedback rather than them getting their own bolted down version that wont change much no matter how much they moan becuase of how much MS charges devs to release patches/DLC?

Plus, you don't use that many buttons in DayZ, most of them are redundant or from bad design. The only problem is the aiming wont be as great as a mouse but that wont bother the twelve year olds...

Totally agree. I'd rather have them on the Xbox then come and annoy us on the PC.

• Like 1

Haha I was actually thinking about this the other day.

In the massive sea of shit that this community has become, good to see someone still has a sense of humor.

The version that can and will be changed due to feedback rather than them getting their own bolted down version that wont change no matter how much they moan becuase of how much MS charges devs to release patches/DLC? Xbox version will probably be produced once the PC version is locked down. It's not like the Xbox version of Minecraft makes the PC version any worse...

ehm. i dont think the engine will work for Xbox. and i dont thing a Xbox can handle "chernarus+"

yeah free advertising seems harmless, everyone knows Heinz make the best sauce, although i'm not much of a bean fan, i could eat their spaghetti hoops all day. im guessing they would need some kind of contract to avoid litigation.

Edited by Phill

ehm. i dont think the engine will work for Xbox. and i dont thing a Xbox can handle "chernarus+"

what does it matter to PC gamers?

If he can find a way to do it on console and it keeps console players on the console and not on the PC then how can this ever be a bad idea?

Stand alone, stand-alone or standalone. WTF is stand-a-lone meant to mean?

Well, it makes some free ad for Heinz Beans and probably increased their sales, so... I don't think they will refuse Rocket use it in the standalone ^^

True there are a few trademarks in the mod. But im sure they wouldnt mind some extra publicity and marketing. If not itrs not exactly a game breaker is it ? Id still play if they were meinz beans.

Edited by Delta Smoke 01
  • Like 1