Sign in to follow this  
MrShifty

Hacking is getting out of hand.

I have been playing DayZ since it was at around 30,000 - 50,000 players, I would assume some of you on this forum were playing back then, and If you were I'm sure you would agree that the DayZ community was great, People that were strangers to each other before, would help each other, form squads together and make the trek to the northern airfield all through the in game chat system, without knowing each other in reality...sure there were bandits, but not everyone would just mindlessly kill anyone who walked towards them with a flashlight and a patrol pack, that didn't cause any threat to them.

But I think the best thing about these times were no HACKERS.

Throughout the course of more and more players entering DayZ, I feel that the community has desensitized from the idea of killing somebody to keep your valuable life, to killing new players or players that cause no threat to pretty much say "Lol Own3d"

Over the last month I have only logged onto the game for about 10 hours all up, as I found the game unplayable from the amount of Hackers and glitches within the game, During this time I died over 20 times from hackers alone.

I find it disheartening that somebody can just join the server I am on, Teleport everyone on the server to one place and drop all of us from a height where we fall to our deaths, and then to have the hacker laughing over microphone.

Over the last week I've been playing the game a fair amount as I thought hackers had been banned or the hack had been patched, and the game seemed good for a few days I acquired with a friend, nv goggles, AS50, DMR and a GPS, you might not think this is much, but I was happy with it.

Then over the last couple of days I have encountered a fair amount of hackers.

I was minding my own business when all of a sudden a Black SUV (clearly a hacker) teleported in front of me and was driving towards me, I quickly alt F4 to save myself from being unfairly killed.

I then joined another server the next day to find a Bandit in some bushes (as usual :P) I fired at him multiple times with my AS50 and twice hit him in the head (blood) he then got up and ran at me running side to side, I hit him 3 more times in the chest still nothing, I alt F4ed again as he was another hacker...

About 1 Hour ago I was playing on the server NZ 04 or NZ 02 (not too sure) I was playing with a friend and we were bandit hunting in Stary Sobor, and my friend said to me "I'm really happy with my gear, lets just stay here" 5 seconds later, the whole server was teleported to the top of the map, and we all fell to our deaths, all my hard earned gear gone, for some low life hacker to have 5 minutes of joy.

I don't see this game making it much longer, unless something is done about Hackers.

it is ruining the whole experience and immersion of this great mod for everyone.

Please reply with your thoughts on this topic.

Shifty. :)

• Like 2

The only real fix is the stand-alone, they're working on bringing it out as quickly as they can....

From the RPS interview with Marek Spanel:

what was the decision behind making Day Z standalone, rather than keeping it as a mod, or turning it into DLC?

Spanel: It was really difficult to support both Arma 2 and Day Z in their current cross-connected nature. Some of the problems for a standalone game of Day Z is nearly impossible to solve in Arma, especially with some of the cheating issues. And any change you make to Arma 2 requires that you think about changes to Arma 2 itself, and all the other mods that depend on it. Hundreds and hundreds of mods. We want to implement methods of countering cheats that would stop some great Arma II mods from working. The basic issue is that Day Z has reached such a height that there is no other way to support it. This will improve the experience, and to keep the mod growing professionally. It will also allow Dean to see some reward for his great work.

rest of the interview here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/08/23/day-z-arma-3/

Edited by ironman Tetsuo
  • Like 1

i think ur damn right with the f*** hackers

hackers create the scripts, the people that use them are just like you and me, games players. The only difference is they can't stand to lose, have some form of inferiority complex or have such shit lives scripting is the only form of power they have.

It's more sad than anything else.

Edited by ironman Tetsuo
  • Like 1

@ironman tetsuo

I guess that does make sense, thanks for the link!

Did we need yet another thread on this?

Hacker thread 6,872,999 created.

Script bitches suck, killing the mod, yadda yadda yadda. We know!

• Like 1

This. Plus it isn't anywhere near as bad as it was now, go on a server with active admins checking the logs & updating BE files daily. Playable again!

I have played DayZ from the start of may and i have NEVER died to hackers? How is it possible? I play almost everyday on different servers. But i choose my servers wisely not in random.

hackers create the scripts, the people that use them are just like you and me, games players. The only difference is they can't stand to lose, have some form of inferiority complex or have such shit lives scripting is the only form of power they have.

It's more sad than anything else.

You don't even need a script if you don't want to lose. You just ALT-F4. Way too many players doing that...even one or two in our group are starting to use the same tactic when attacked with players...have to gather the group and have a chat about that.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 1

Yes, hacking is just getting worse.

Only blessing is having a tent to reequipt from.

Hopefully the standalone will not be easily cracked too...

But think about the players who bought ARMA II: CO only to play DayZ!

If the standalone's coming out they are going to try to keep the hackers of the servers, but what about the gamers who continue playing DayZ as a mod? Are they going to be supported too? Because the interview says that the only possibilty they have to get the game back popular is the standalone. So the players have to buy another game, that they have for free as a mod!

If the standalone's coming out they are going to try to keep the hackers of the servers, but what about the gamers who continue playing DayZ as a mod? Are they going to be supported too? Because the interview says that the only possibilty they have to get the game back popular is the standalone. So the players have to buy another game, that they have for free as a mod!

• Like 2

Cracks aren't quite the same thing.

What we need IMO is a better way to watch the servers and people playing on it - once someone is seen hacking (Spawning vehicles, being invisible, and such - that should be easy to spot) simply ban him - If I'm not mistaken, you can have their Arma ID in some BattleEye list or something, so they cannot play the game anymore, right?

IMO buying a game for a mod is utterly retarded

Edited by Guest

The mod will still be here. (possible opened up for others to mod) But it won't be as secure/polished as the stand alone. Either buy the stand alone or don't.

Just don't QQ over it.

Admins could easily deal with the hackers. Its not that hard to find hackers with the tools BI have handed out to server owners. Problem is Admins don't really seem to care. Most of them aren't even enabling kicks for script injection.

Admins could easily deal with the hackers. Its not that hard to find hackers with the tools BI have handed out to server owners. Problem is Admins don't really seem to care. Most of them aren't even enabling kicks for script injection.

/thread

I also think that there should be a way of retrieving or restoring the players items who has been killed unfairly.

such as maybe creating a save of the character 12 hours old and one at present, so if a player appeals that they were killed unfairly they may be able to get their items restored.

I also think that there should be a way of retrieving or restoring the players items who has been killed unfairly.

such as maybe creating a save of the character 12 hours old and one at present, so if a player appeals that they were killed unfairly they may be able to get their items restored.

No.

The game is unfair, deal with it. That feature could be exploited.

No.

The game is unfair, deal with it. That feature could be exploited.

It could be, but they're going to have to do something, otherwise legit players such as myself are just going to leave and not buy the standalone because of bad experiences with the Mod, or they could atleast let us see that they are trying to fix shit.

• Like 1

From what i understand from a senior arma admin who looks after several DayZ servers too, identifying hackers is not straight forward at all, unless you know the content of the tools?? If so, please share your knowledge of the rcon and admin tools available. Its all good and well saying, 'if the admins did their jobs right' etc, but can you back up your comments to help us all out?

Edited by magicoi

This. Plus it isn't anywhere near as bad as it was now, go on a server with active admins checking the logs & updating BE files daily. Playable again!

I think not, for my own experience....

Sorry man, new to the forum so I havent been reading how many threads about hacking there are, just trying to raise awareness and get the DayZ community back to what its supposed to be.

Some might not even know how do do that...problem aren't many "old admins" around who know every single detail on how to set up a server.