Sign in to follow this  
MrShifty

Hacking is getting out of hand.

I think not, for my own experience....

Yeah I take that back after this weekend, everything updated + admins on most of the time and we are getting slammed. Few new bypasses out I guess

I have been playing DayZ since it was at around 30,000 - 50,000 players, I would assume some of you on this forum were playing back then, and If you were I'm sure you would agree that the DayZ community was great, People that were strangers to each other before, would help each other, form squads together and make the trek to the northern airfield all through the in game chat system, without knowing each other in reality...sure there were bandits, but not everyone would just mindlessly kill anyone who walked towards them with a flashlight and a patrol pack, that didn't cause any threat to them. But I think the best thing about these times were no HACKERS.

Many forum posters here are hackers/scripters in-game. If you are expecting to get sympathy from them, it's not going to happen.

It's kinda ironic that you're venting here about hackers when many of the people reading your thread are likewise hacking the game.

You might as well go to a Democratic forum and whine about Obama. You'll get the same negative response.

Case in point:

Is it somebody's job to post this fucking topic title every day?
Edited by Thorne

hackers create the scripts, the people that use them are just like you and me, games players. The only difference is they can't stand to lose, have some form of inferiority complex or have such shit lives scripting is the only form of power they have.

It's more sad than anything else.

Honestly, it's more that I can't play for five hours without getting teleported into an ocean, or 100 feet into the air, or simply instakilled while in a spot you couldn't even be sniped in. I've looked at some of the hack websites, the list of shit they can do with those scripts is literally endless. Anything you could imagine them doing, they can do it. Some things get them noticed faster, but the simple truth to it is that BattleEye can be COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY blocked by those script kiddies. It's two parts. There are the scripts, then there is the BattleEye bypassers. You need a current bypasser to avoid being banned, but even then Server Admins are able to look through logs and notice scripts, and ban them from individual servers, the server I play on, when the admin is online, I see about 10-20 people get banned, every, single, time. It's disgusting how many people hack. It almost seems like the average player nowaday hacks, people who aren't even teleporting around or spawning vehicles, they just use the really hard to notice hacks that spawn legitimate weapons and ammo. It's fucking ridiculous how many people hack. Personally I considered it myself, not to grief people, but more in order to prevent myself from being griefed. Like I actually found a legit Ural Civ the other week, fixed it up, and had a hacker screw me over and make me lose the truck. I was so frustrated, those things are so hard to find and I've always wanted one, I finally find it and bam I get some fucking script kiddie screwing with me. So I considered getting a script myself, and replacing my Truck. But I didn't... I don't want to be part of the problem.

• Like 2

Once the mod is opened up, and the standalone is out, less skiddies will bother with the mod as the Admins will have a lot more control over the servers and private hives.

Is it somebody's job to post this fucking topic title every day?

You're a server admin, when you get hacked, there's something concrete you can do about it. Some way to channel the frustration of losing hours and hours of gameplay on a regular basis due to that bullshit. The majority of players, well they love the game, but being hacked fucking constantly, every few hours, even on low population servers......... It's driving a lot of us nuts. It's probably a big part of why so many hackers are out there, half of the hackers nowadays probably only got hacks because they were sick of being hacked, not that it's an excuse lol, but ya.... Vicious cycle.

You're a server admin, when you get hacked, there's something concrete you can do about it. Some way to channel the frustration of losing hours and hours of gameplay on a regular basis due to that bullshit. The majority of players, well they love the game, but being hacked fucking constantly, every few hours, even on low population servers......... It's driving a lot of us nuts. It's probably a big part of why so many hackers are out there, half of the hackers nowadays probably only got hacks because they were sick of being hacked, not that it's an excuse lol, but ya.... Vicious cycle.

In the past yes, past couple of weeks no, that is a massive over exaggeration, I've seen three hackers in the past few weeks and only one of them was actually doing damage by teleporting around killing people.

Yeah, agree with OP. Last six deaths -

Everyone falls from the sky

Screen turns white everyone dies

Screen turns white everyone dies

Dude materializes behind me with a gun not in day z.

*Dude kills me with an axe while blinded by artifacts (not a hack, I was actually happy to die like this, heh)

Get shot by a dude who appears behind me, unload an entire AKM mag on him with no apparant damage, head shots me while reloading

More hack deaths in three days than in the past five weeks prior.

In the past yes, past couple of weeks no, that is a massive over exaggeration, I've seen three hackers in the past few weeks and only one of them was actually doing damage by teleporting around killing people.

I found between 15-20 players with an AS50 TWS from thursday to saturday evening, two of them even had a MG36 and a Pecheneg. In fact i was reading the logs for hours while another was putting them on the list. Right now i found two more, and it's just in the window of 1 hour. I hope this is not another session of not playing, so much for my weekend.

I played last night for the first time in a while. My friend offered to pick me and my friend up and kit us out back at his base. So I had the works -

Ghillie suit

L85A2 w/ 9 mags

M1911

NVG

Binoculars

GPS

Map

Plenty of food and drink/cooked meat

EVERYTHING.

We decided to join a highly populated server for some fun & within 10 minutes all three of us died instantly from a teleporting hacker that killed about 10 people all at once.

I was so pissed because I'd never had all the high tier gear :(

Your suppose to log off your geared account and onto your other one at that point. Geared one is to only be looked at on occasion.

Your suppose to log off your geared account and onto your other one at that point. Geared one is to only be looked at on occasion.

But that's boring :P I will probably never have that gear again as I don't get to play as much as I'd like to.

Do what I do, Avoid it. I carry a shotgun and AK. Both easy to get and I don't care if I lose em. The high end stuff is nice, but also makes you a bigger target as well.

While there are folks who shoot first always, others shoot only those geared. Sniper rifles are for player hunting, so fair game.

Just play on EU servers or something. Everytime ive been on a US server i get script killed. And ive never even seen a hacker on EU servers.

Been playing on the L#ngor servers. Smaller or totally private hives. Map is much more fun. Admins ban hackers without concern for losing their servers. Although there are a few run by hackers themselves. We raided a server dup camp that was shutdown 5 minutes later, They rolled it back to before the raid and stripped our gear.

I initially stopped playing DayZ because of all the hacking, it was ridiculous. I died a total of more than 100+ times in DayZ, a shame that about 90 of those kills goes to hackers alone.

I took a break from DayZ (in hope that the intitial Hype wore off and less kids play it now) for about 6 months and then fired it up again, 5 hours later I die to a script kiddie (no biggie I thought, lets find another server). Couple of hours later, me and my friend just die... again, and the whole server with us. Seriously ? I'm not an expert on Battle-Eye and how it works. but seeing it kick me for drinking a stupid pepsi or looking up how many people are on a server by pressing "P" is mindboggling when at the same time people can freely teleport around, kill all people on the server, turn themselves invincible and spawn whatever they like.

Screenshot of yesterdays hack that killed me (Inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds") [We killed a zombie a few seconds ago and suddenly all these birds came cawing out of the forest, we were too busy laughing and trying to figure out what was going on to notice that this was the work of a hacker. Used to DayZ this could've been a bug for all I know ]

224580_screenshots_2013-03-16_00001.jpg

I play days and days without getting any hack (on private servers only). I saw hackers on private servers exactly 3 times (out of maybe a hundred of hours played).

It is equally true I can't join a decent (20-30 players) public server without seeing it hacked in a few hours however.

_Anubis_

Screenshot of yesterdays hack that killed me (Inspired by Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds") [We killed a zombie a few seconds ago and suddenly all these birds came cawing out of the forest, we were too busy laughing and trying to figure out what was going on to notice that this was the work of a hacker. Used to DayZ this could've been a bug for all I know ]

224580_screenshots_2013-03-16_00001.jpg

I have only been hitchcocked once, the birds were pretty cool and immersive actually as well as being slightly creepy.

About 1 Hour ago I was playing on the server NZ 04 or NZ 02 (not too sure) I was playing with a friend and we were bandit hunting in Stary Sobor, and my friend said to me "I'm really happy with my gear, lets just stay here" 5 seconds later, the whole server was teleported to the top of the map, and we all fell to our deaths, all my hard earned gear gone, for some low life hacker to have 5 minutes of joy.

The NZ Orcon (NZ 01 to NZ 20 or something) servers are shocking, I've been tele-ed on them heaps. The best NZ server is SNAP.CO.NZ's one, good active admin and custom anti cheats. Been playing on there a month now and no problems with hackers.

If you wanna team up on it let me know, I'm a friendly looking for buddies!

The NZ Orcon (NZ 01 to NZ 20 or something) servers are shocking, I've been tele-ed on them heaps. The best NZ server is SNAP.CO.NZ's one, good active admin and custom anti cheats. Been playing on there a month now and no problems with hackers.

If you wanna team up on it let me know, I'm a friendly looking for buddies!

I started to play on that server(Snap) yesterday and die twice before I found any drink and thinking this is hard..good.After a few hours I had what I needed to survive ,water bottle, knife,axe, matches and then I seen nameplates..so close yet so far away