Sign in to follow this  
vukster@gmail.com

DAYZ vote

Vote for DAYZ   

48 members have voted

1. 1. The Z in DayZ really stands for:

• DAYZ = DAY ZERO
    • DAYZ = DAY ZOMBIE

I kind of like Day Zero but there should be more choices. I feel there are better ones that those two.

It's always been day zero. As when you start you *Wake* on a beach at dayz in an unknown apocalypse with nothing but adventure to trail, on day ''Zero''

Edited by MOTOCROSS

Day Zero for sure, the beginning of your adventure ! Day Zombie makes absolutely no sense lol. Glad you brought this up acually, it annoys me to see people refer to it as day zombie.

I kind of like Day Zero but there should be more choices. I feel there are better ones that those two.

Well dont hold us all in suspense man! What were you thinking ? Zombiekrieg ? Zipperhead ? ZigZag ? Zomg ..what lad.. what ??

I always thought that "Day Z" is opposite to something like "Day A", and is the last day. Some players will get more than one day in this game, but last time I've checked, average life expectancy was just a bit over 1 hour. And when you die - end of story. Basically, game starts with the beginning of the last day of your life.

p.s. This brings up a very popular philosophical question "what would you do, if you knew you have one last day to live". Surprisingly, many of people turn into maniacs, killing each other on sight...

• Like 1

Voted for the Zero option.

My thoughts on the subject:

Zero;

The Z obviously has a reference to the zombies, but I think it relates to the first day of the world after

the virus outbreak. As Rocket have been qouted several times for this being an experiment, I find it only natural

that zero would be the answer. Relating also to the first day of his(and team) experiment.

The implementation of humanitycounter further expands this, as the experiment also shows the extent of primitive

actions taken in this "game".

This is where the duality begins. As Dayz could be a synonym for daze - falling into a light sleep - letting the

experimentors observe the reaction of the world population: Falling into the numbness of a "CodCraze" shooting on

sight, or deliberatetly debating one's option as far as best survival possible (Maslov).

As the basegame is a powerfull simulator, both options is possible. But the value "taken home" of chosen style in a

gamesession is very different, imo atleast. Certain PVP styles will ofcourse also have a very high value.

You can debate until the end of days how much your actions in a game reflect your personality, but I think it does.

A game like A2/Dayz in particular, as there is no fast respawning with same gear in 5-15 seconds. The fact that you

have to work for your gear, makes ingame consequences even more exciting. The shallow hulls duping/hacking etc will

ofcourse never experience this wonderfull side of the "game".

Food for thought:

Which is better (if so) and why?

The "beachblonde" killing new characters in spawnarea etc or;

The players adopting a Rambo/forestsurvival style killing any

intruders on sight...

In the end it could also just be a title Rocket and team came up with as a working title: Day of The Zombie...

Edited by DayZisMySandbox

dayI...they're Infected (lol at the zombie kill count)