marcus.sawyer@gmail.com

Inter-Dimensional Travel (take it out of DayZ Standalone)

I have no idea how it's going to work. But with all the amazing things Rocket is talking about with the standalone i cannot help but think how crappy it will be and all that hard work gone to waste when some dickbag can just make his way all the way into your bunker with his buddies, log in, and suddenly, out of the 8th dimension, you have a surprise butsecs firefight that you have absolutely no pre-emptive notice (not even 5 seconds).

Then some super geared group of hardcore gamers that systematically seek out bases on every server (possibly goons), make thier way in somehow, or if not able to get in from another server, are at your front door. or possibly get in on your server, get in your base, one at a time, if you happen to have no overwatch for an hour (if you think i'm over thinking this, SEE EVE ONLINE)

this game is hardcore, many eve players will play this game. If you think for a second that there will be any honor or quarter given in the meta of this game, you're batshit crazy.

people like PL and goons will play this game, and they will find ways to exploit the inter-dimensional travel that exists currently. If you think server loggers were bad, wait till you get entire eve alliances doing stuff like this. You will be screwed bigtime.

I love espionage as much as the next guy, and i think it's 100% fair for someone to stake-out your base and wait for an opportune time to infiltrate it, but getting in, then logging, and rinse and repeat until you have an entire alliance in your base is pretty ridiculous, it's unfair to an unacceptable level. I don't fight fair, and i don't expect others to, but a pre-emptive strike like this is wholly bullshit and i just want to bring it up and i want to know what's the plan of combatting it.

i did a search for "dimension" "server loggers" and "inter-dimensional server travel", came up with nothing, so i posted.

Well there was this idea of some kind of 'beacon' that would keep people from spawning within a certain radius. They would then simply be placed outside this radius when spawning.

I'm not completely sure if I have understood you correctly, but are you worrying about people server hopping in the underground constructions that are planned?

It won't be a problem, the underground bases will be specific to a single server, you can't enter them from other servers.

I'm not completely sure if I have understood you correctly, but are you worrying about people server hopping in the underground constructions that are planned?

It won't be a problem, the underground bases will be specific to a single server, you can't enter them from other servers.

He's complaining about how people can travel on one server to a base location on another server, then go to the server with the base on it and attack it.

Ghosting.

The bases will be instanced. The only place ghosters will be able to spawn to is the base entrance on the surface.

Why do you keep mentioning eve? WTF does eve have to do with this? Seriously eve and dayz do not have anything in common. ALOT OF PEOPLE play dayz. Eve players don't control 50% of the games population. Most people who play dayz played arma first.