abnormalweeny

Would you Abort if in Danger of death?

Nah, death makes things interesting. I find it kind of lame to just do regular runs to the northwest airfield, or finding helicopter crash locations for hours. So usually when I get to a certain point I just start doing really risky things, like going to Cherno on a heavily populated server and see how long I last. Then I start over and do it all over again.

• Like 1

There are people who play the game. And then people who are fucking with the people playing the game. At some point, the people fucking with the people playing the game will be forced to play the game or GTFO.

This I truly believe.

Bahaha, most of you are full of shit, you all do it, I have rarely, and I mean very rarely shoot someone and they NOT bail. Unless they go down fast and don’t have time to bail, they bail. My best is to take you with me on the way out but reading these makes me laugh, if I can bail and save all my gear with my group, come back in and patch up and keep going, I’ll bail in a second. I WILL try and take you but if I am bleeding out, don’t know where the hell you are, rather than risk a friends life too, I will bail, I will be back but don’t blow smoke, you all do it, even if it is ONLY to get rid of annoying zombies chasing you, you do it lmfao!

Yeah, you are the judge for all of us. I think I know what I'm doing anyways and so do lots of players who DONT dc just cause they don't want to die. I never dc during a fight even though I sometimes run away to save my ass and try to take him out after hiding if he still pursues. I think most soldiers would take cover if they get shot upon otherwise they are stupid.

• Like 1

Ever since all these people started combat logging raiding the NWAF has never been easier.

1.Go to the northern end of the airfield.

2.Pull out preferable .50 cal.

3.Shoot the windows in the control tower, the second floor of the fire station, one of the open doors in the fire station and a random hanger way down at the end.

4.Mow down zombies using M4SD

5.Notice that about 2-5 people have left the server.

6.Enjoy looting the airfield unhindered.

7.Profit?

Done this around 8 times have yet to have someone fight back. It's to the point where I don't even have to know where they are. The other night I saw someone pop flares near the fire station so I shot the walls of the fire station with my M4SD and they logged out.

@OP you should never combat log unless it is due to glitches or hackers. I'd actually like to have a genuine firefight once in a while.

Edited by tjG3ftw436

I hate gunfights with a passion, but I don't quit. I've had one exception: I was in a supermarket when someone throws a nade through the door. I run into the back room and switch my AK-74 to full auto. Soon after, a guy enters, and I unload all over him. He had a crossbow, so I wonder a bit if he was the one with the nade. I hear gunshots and zombies outside, but at that point I have to leave to pick up my daughter at school, so I never got to the end of it. Even then, I feel kinda bad for running a supermarket without having enough time to handle sticky situations.

If I hear gunshots in the distance, I usually head another way. I'd rather avoid the fight, and common, justified paranoia makes fighting inevitable.

Honestly i would combat log if i actually remembered that i could! Every time i'm in a gunfight my instinct is to shoot back or duck, i never think to combat log untill i fucking die.

Maybe i need to try harder >.>

The other point to consider is by taking the easy way out, you are going to make others do the same or have them leave and wait till a solution to fix it arrives. Then you will post how the game is dying and not enough players are here or there. It is a lame exploit. The teenage excuse of "Well everyone else is doing it" is pretty awful and immature.

I've never done it. I don't get attached to gear, so it doesn't matter much to me to die. It makes for bold play since I am not afraid to lose anything.

When I'm getting shot at and I have a rough idea where it's coming from, I will quite often fore a few shots in the general area because it's usually enough to scare them into hiding

Dont worry about it, Just do what you want to do. About 75% of the people Ive shot at have aborted. Apart from the sniper kills where ive got a 1 shot kill. I think pretty much all my close quarter combat fights have either ended up me dying or them quiting out. So from my experience Id say almost everyone does it but dont admit it.

They really need to implement some sort of mechanic where you have to maybee sit down for 10 seconds before you can back out. But then therd be an issue with people using task manager and so on. So its a tough one.

I only abort in 2 situations:

1. Hackers. If I'm under seige from a hacker, I have no problems aborting. They're fucking hackers, I can do whatever the fuck I want to avoid them killing me. Fuck them.

2. Pre-loading. If I"m on the loading screen, and I hear world war 3 before I've even spawned, I will abort. Reason being here is that you spawn in before you're fully loaded, meaning that if you're in a bloody war zone, you're gonna get butchered before you can even see anything, let alone fight back. I try to avoid that situation whenever possible.

Yup thats exactly what i think, if ur against hackers its fine to dc.

Edited by diod1997

2 things to know about DayZ :

1 - never be attached to your gear.

2 - if you die, you need around 5 hours to get back 100% of what you had before dying (except range finder, GPS and NVG).

If the developpers really want to stop this "abort" problem, they could fix it with setting all weapons "1 shot kill". The game is really realistic for everything except this point. Delete every military equipment (except NVG/GPS and coyote backpack). Only one sniper available anymore (CZ550 or DMR) and every weapons kill in one hit in the body/head. If shot in the legs = 100% leg broken + unconscious (implement the option "while unconscious, can't abort").

I don't understand people who doesn't want to die. I have been like this at start, when it was hard for me to evolute in the game (5 first hours) but now in 2 hours ieverybody can find easily : Knife, axe, boxe of matches, handgun, assault rifle, alice back pack, camo clothing, map, compass, watch, food and water bottles.

It means that after 2 hours, you are self sufficient, you have enough stuffs to go north (Stary Sobor) to gather military weapons and you can already hunt other players.

Edited by mattt*
  • Like 2

Today my friend and I were riding on our motorbike, Some guy started firing at us and we had no idea where from, sadly we were heading straight towards him.

When I did finally manage to veer away from him and have my back towards him my poor buddy alas... became a meat shield :)

He died and I ran off into the brush. I could have logged out, but didn't, got flanked and died.

I lost the ghillie suit I was wearing, 3 more in my bags, 3 NVG, 2 rangefinders, 1 antibiotics, my M249 and 800 rounds, of course a coyote backpack, basically all the tools and some other things eluding me at this time.

worst of all... my 750 zombie kills and 330 headshots :( my best average yet !!!

On page 1 when I said you should have shot your friend I meant it because you need to be conditioned to this game, once you become more steadfast you can really enjoy the danger in it :)

I abort for snipers/betrayers/hackers, otherwise I'll take it like a man, if someone is running out in cherno and finds me and he's faster at reacting than me, it's a fair kill, if someone is sitting on a building with his hacked AS50 TWS sniping down everyone, I don't care what you say I'm alt+f4ing.

People should only abort if there are hackers. People aborting under legit fire are just bitches, and I hope that hackers target them every day they play this game.

I would have aborted, it's a survival game, exploit in the game or not, it's surviving. You may feel a slight decrease in

"pride" but at least you'll be alive, but in all honesty, starting from nothing is kinda fun.

Bahaha, most of you are full of shit, you all do it, I have rarely, and I mean very rarely shoot someone and they NOT bail. Unless they go down fast and don’t have time to bail, they bail. My best is to take you with me on the way out but reading these makes me laugh, if I can bail and save all my gear with my group, come back in and patch up and keep going, I’ll bail in a second. I WILL try and take you but if I am bleeding out, don’t know where the hell you are, rather than risk a friends life too, I will bail, I will be back but don’t blow smoke, you all do it, even if it is ONLY to get rid of annoying zombies chasing you, you do it lmfao!

NO FUCK YOU ! You speak for yourself and you're pussy mates . I fight to the fucking death everytime and have had way to many fights with fucks like you ruining the game go back to WOW you loser bitch or stay and fight but oh no wait alt-f4.....fuck you

It's so easy to fix the ALT+F4 thing:

If you got shot, and leave/disconnect within the next 10 seconds, then you are considered dead.

It's in fact so easy to fix that it will never be fixed.

I abort for snipers/betrayers/hackers, otherwise I'll take it like a man, if someone is running out in cherno and finds me and he's faster at reacting than me, it's a fair kill, if someone is sitting on a building with his hacked AS50 TWS sniping down everyone, I don't care what you say I'm alt+f4ing.

How can you prove it was hacked?

It seems that no matter the way people get their legit gear, other guys like you tend to say "hax hax hax" so they can ALT+F4 without any remorse.

Main problem is lack of roleplay and coop in a game that should highly require some. On the topic of coop, let's admit Left 4 Dead did it good, while RP is our job.

Edited by Thadeum

How can you prove it was hacked?

You are right, they can't know if players are using hacked gear or not. I have played many hours now for the last weeks, on many server, i have only met 1 hacker (he was dead with a hacked weapon on him). Then, i have seen a server where there were many dead corpse on the ground, all fresh spawn in the fire station and around it, there were also ammo box on the ground (plenty) but i haven't seen the hacker.

Well, hackers are present but not that much.

There is only 1 excuse for aborting when being shot at, like when you're absolutely certain it is a hacker.

Aborting in a firefight is not 'surviving', it is travelling to an alternate universe where you're safe and you should be from the start, why even bother playing DayZ if you want to feel safe?

If you want to survive, scavenge and then like then go fucking play deer hunter and shoot animals that can't attack you.

People that abort to avoid death are almost on par with hackers, same goes for people who are willing to use hacked gear.

Fucking bitches, anyone that disconnects.

Death in Dayz is your teacher.

Those who skip class will never learn.

Learn to never die by accepting consequence.

you did the right thing;

Your friend's lack of confidence to turn a bad situation into your advantage because of a kill switch only reflects their descision making skills.

"YOU ARE DEAD" is when you are dead. Until then, NEVER WANE NEVER GIVE IN!

This game is meant to have bandits and therefore bandits who snipe. Don't get in the open if you can avoid it. if you don't see who killed you it's your bad.

Pple with more than a few disconnections in combat situations should get a colourful balaclava and a tshirt reading "pussy riot fan" in-game.