Sign in to follow this  
schaine

Are there actual friendly people out there...

Hey,

so ive been playing this thing for quite a while now, and surprisingly?? ive not met a single friendly person EVER! In the end either both of us or I die.

Just today ,after surviving about 2 weeks (because i luckily didnt meet a single person) i got shot after talking to the guy. I was in cover, telling him im friendly, and he said something like " This is a game, idiot, go die!" and then he ran at me and shot me. I think i killed him, too, but not sure. In the end, nobody won.

And now after two hours i saw a guy, and i wrote Friendly and because i didnt want trouble, i ran away from him. But instead of letting me go, of course he had to chase me for 15 minutes to eventually kill me because i only hat a stupid Double Barrel Shotgun with 2 Rounds, i didnt get him with those and i died. For nothing. I even RAN AWAY! I gave up all the loot in the area to him and still everyone seems to kill on sight.

What the heck? Ive seen so many vids about people yelling "friendly" into their mics and it actually working, but i just get disappointed every time. This is kind of a deal breaker for me, because instead of being happy to see someone, I WISH it was singleplayer.

So what do you think? Is there any hope for Multiplayer people like me, or is this game free PVP from now on? Because then i wouldnt even try to save human lives, i would just go COD on everybody i see... but that kind of makes the whole thing useless, doesnt it? I might aswell paly COD then.

Thank you

Edited by Schaine
  • Like 3

Dont give up friend, there are friendly people out there :)

pm me if you want to play with a friendly gun :)

There are friendlys out there, but it's more reliable to find them here and meet up or use TS otherwise take extreme caution in game as most trust no one now much like you.

Edited by Lumberjack

add me on steam : FitzGerald, i'm always looking for more friendlies to play with.

Add me on steam and we can get together and play somtime

Steam name Asoma

I'm friendly, though I don't want a permanent group / friends to play with, as I tend to run around on my own or not at all.

I'm a navigator, and as such, I'm willing to help everyone. Friendlies and bandits.

So what do you think? Is there any hope for Multiplayer people like me, or is this game free PVP from now on? Because then i wouldnt even try to save human lives, i would just go COD on everybody i see... but that kind of makes the whole thing useless, doesnt it? I might aswell paly COD then.

Thank you

Certain things conspire against all of this.

#1) People get bored easily and need to attempt to exert some form of dominance over another person.

#2) There is nothing to use the top tier guns on but people.

#3) Guns are everywhere and people have no fear of losing them.

#4) Even the 'nice' people would rather ventilate you at 300meters then close to 50meters and say hi.

#5) Death is no punishment so life is cheap.

Really this mod lost its direction with the influx of players, duping items, and the lack of a reasonable community focused end game.

Come to US 137 (hardcore server) and join the TG teamspeak we wont bite you.

Edited by ytman

Add me on steam buddy, I'm always looking for friendlys to run with

Steam: J10

Well, thank you for al the answers. Ill see what happens next time i see a player... might tell him via chat that im a bandit, so hell run away :D Because it seems like people take advantage of the "friendly"-typers. Whenever they know the other guy is friendly, they have nothing to fear...

• Like 1

Don't type friendly.

Use a mic!

Some of us are friendly but also choose to avoid others to survive.

Finding people to play with here on the forum is easy, but it's not as exciting as a random friendly team-up.

I've only been able to confirm friendly twice while playing, otherwise I have been shot at for the most part.

Also: FYI to those who posted steam names, not all of us use steam....

When encountering randoms I tend to be highly suspicious and always try to have the support of my buds.

I'm working to enforce a guncontrol mandate. If you really are friendly don't pick a gun higher than a shotgun ;D

any friendlies in cherno?

any friendlies in electro?

been shot at many times. I mostly click abort-disconnect. only friendly I've met believe or not was a hacker

Edited by davebar

Yep, plenty of friendlies, but you won't find them very far north. Berezino tends to have friendlies scavenging, but North West, especially Stary inwards, is all bandits, or survivors who are intent on revenge and will kill anyone on sight thinking they are a bandit.