Sign in to follow this  
morgan32

First vehicle you ever drove?

So, here you can share your perfect stories of how you found, repaired or acquired in any way, your first vehicle, and drove it to victory.

Here goes mine:

I was walking by the mountains overwatching the docks, just for the sake of it, while looking for something interesting. Scouting out a town with docks for boats, I expected to see at least something, and so I did. I spotted out two boats, and slowly progressed down towards them. Hitting the deck beside them, I wanted to look badass, so I chose the boat without a roof and bullets it in. Driving off like a boss, I found it going really slow, then I figured out why: I had stranded it at a rock. Making my way back to the docks to get the other, lame boat, with roof and stuff, I drove it far away from land. I drove for minutes, and had to stop on a further-ahead dock to refuel the boat. I then made my way even further north and parked it I have officially driven the slowest vehicle in DayZ.

No vehicle damnit, one time I found an ATV that looked perfect on the side of a road, but alas I could not drive it, could only save it... damnit.

My first vehicle was an ATV which i flipped and killed myself 4 seconds after getting on it. They weren't lying when they said you should take some driving tutorials in ARMA before you play DayZ :)

Non-motor: Bicycle (Very first day I played DayZ, when you respawned with revolver and all)

Motor: ATV, probably 2 months after starting DayZ. Yup, vehicles were fucking rare back then... Now I find like, at least one every day. >_>

I was lucky enough to find a Helix Truck the day vehicles were reintroduced, had fun for a while, but lost it in the days later. it was a good truck.

First vehicle was an off-road pickup truck I found stashed in the woods northeast of stary sobor. It contained a few goodies, such as an SVD camo with mags, and some other weapons. Had a blast driving it around with a m8, until a hacker stopped us in our tracks with a server-wide instant kill script.

My first and so far only vehicle was a PBX boat in the bay just south-east of Willow Lake, north of Berezino. I don't know if they spawn fully repaired or if I stole someone else's but it had plenty of fuel too. I was whizzing southwards down the coast happy as a pig in shit until the server was hacker nuked :( story of DayZ these days, really.

The first vehicle I ever drove was a helicopter.

I stole it from some hackers (Didn't know at the time).

Then 6 minutes later I figure out how to take off auto hover and crash. Luckily since the helicopter was hacked in BE kicked me from the game the moment the helicopter crashed and I lived.

Edited by Theweirdone

After getting into the game and sorting out the controls and graphics settings, I ran in to a bossy guy that wanted to tell me what to do. I was annoyed by his nice guy tone but he seemed to know what he was talking about so I followed his orders. I did all the little petty annoying things he asked while doing my best not to shoot him in the head with a gun he gave me. Eventually he tired of toying with me and told me to go meet his friend. I walked up the road and found a Humvee! I was so surprised that I immediately crashed it into a wall. It was awesome though and suffered no damage. It was built like a bloody tank and could haul some ass over rough terrain. I got lost but I made it to his friend without blowing the thing up. His buddy then gave me a choice between three rocket launchers! Good times.

After getting into the game and sorting out the controls and graphics settings, I ran in to a bossy guy that wanted to tell me what to do. I was annoyed by his nice guy tone but he seemed to know what he was talking about so I followed his orders. I did all the little petty annoying things he asked while doing my best not to shoot him in the head with a gun he gave me. Eventually he tired of toying with me and told me to go meet his friend. I walked up the road and found a Humvee! I was so surprised that I immediately crashed it into a wall. It was awesome though and suffered no damage. It was built like a bloody tank and could haul some ass over rough terrain. I got lost but I made it to his friend without blowing the thing up. His buddy then gave me a choice between three rocket launchers! Good times.

Lucky day, sir, lucky day.

When i started playin i joined up with a newly forming clan of survivors. A week later whist meeting up with people at the fearsome & aparrently haunted green mountin my clan mates find a scooby doo van and make their way too us. This was the beginning of an eventfull vehicle finding day :D

I then drive the van with 3 other clan members to the NEAF to meet up with the rest of the crew and shit goes down. A firefight insues with a couple of people across the otherside of the airfield, after one is shot dead & the other hiding i hastily order a navigator to jump in the passanger seat n start hauling ass west to the forests.

Using that van we found a atv needing repairs just south of the airfield aswell as another atv near novy sober stuck on a bridge with a UAZ parked near by.

We rob the UAZ with its immense amounts of gear n haul ass once again coming back an hour later with more clan members to get the bugged atv off the bridge.

Now we had all of our clan members on veichles wich amounted to one hell of a convoy and i was one happy bunny having laid eternal dibs on my awesome scooby doo van.

Unfortunatly i roll it on its side later that night after running over some rediculously strong sunflowers >.< next time ill leave the jerry can run to someone on an atv :P

All the vehicles were gone within the next 2 days. Dont get attatched to your shit

R.I.P my beatiful van

I found a Skoda out in the middle of the open near the NE Airstrip, after 30 mins of skulking around in the trees convinced it was a trap I made a mad dash for it, I then bee-lined it north as soon as the engine started. I got out near a small group of houses in Olsha to check if there was any loot in the boot, my eyes lit up when I spotted the satchel charge! Then I was one-hitted by a zombie and had to lay there staring at the car whilst the Z feasted on my guts, that was the longest timer I've ever had to sit through...

:(

Great stories, guys! Hopefully I soon find a vehicle with wheels too. I've sat in a total of 4 different vehicles, all of them completely broken with no fuel :<

First was bicycle I found on Vybor i think.

and the second was a helicopter I stole from a group i stalked.

A red UAZ at stary sabor, 3 of my friends sneaked around trying to find parts while I covered them with my sniper (CZ550), when they were heading back to the car another sniper came towards me, I equipped my revolver and when he got close enough I shot blindly through the grass (Since I was in prone) with a whole mag and he dropped dead. Took his M24, repaired the car and drove it to Prud!

Found the Toyota Hilux up at black lake, after fixing a wheel i went on a road trip, picked up a buddy and after about an hour of driving i got pretty good with it, drifting it round corners at speed etc, had it for a few days, even wiped another car off the road with it (powerslide round the corner into our GAZ throwing it off the road into a tree line and causing it total destruction, Hilux was fine)

Finally lost it heading down the west coast into the twisty bits at Kamarovo, glitched coming over a hill and launched the thing into the side of a house... complete write off.....

Best vehicle in the game i think. Though i don't mind bein a bus driver, when the passengers aint annoying the hell outta me haha!

My first Vehicle was a motorbike. Even though it was just a bait.. After I drove about 100 meters,

there were Ghillies on two ATV's chasing me. Then when my Motorbike was out of fuel, they killed me with a L85 :(

First vehicle I flew was a huey, on my second day, I'm a lucky bastard huh?

An offroad I found on the beach when I spawned. I started driving random people to random places :P