Sign in to follow this  
Jackftw

''Don't shoot! Friendly! Please!''

Was running through elektro and saw a guy laying on the ground, I aimed at him to see if he was a surivor, and he yells at me ''Friendly, friendly! don't shoot friendly! please!''. So I tell him ''Don't worry buddy, I won't hurt you.'' As I was talking to him, he took fire from a DMR to our right, I turned and gunned down the shooter. Then, our little unarmed 'friendly' over here, goes and loots the body, takes the DMR off of his body, shoots me and calls me a fag.

From now on, if I hear a squeaker he's fucking dead. Idgaf if he calls friendly.

Edited by Jackftw
  • Like 5

When someone says they are friendly they're 70% of the time not

When someone says they are friendly while in elektro or cherno they're 120% of the time not

• Like 3

I feel your pain.

Although I try not to judge all on the actions of a few I have no second thoughts on killing anyone who has not reached puberty yet, even though I have the survivor playstyle and don't just KoS. Generally I avoid playing with kids/teenagers (that looks like the weirdest sentence I have ever typed) even those who say 'I'm 14 but really mature'. No. No you're not.

In the interest of balance before teenagers reading this have a cry and write up an angst ridden entry into their journals, I have played with some shitty adults at times.

• Like 5

When someone says they are friendly they're 70% of the time not

When someone says they are friendly while in elektro or cherno they're 120% of the time not

I try my best to see the better side of people, but it always bites my ass lol.

• Like 1

Generally I avoid playing with kids/teenagers (that looks like the weirdest sentence I have ever typed)

This gave me a good laugh, haha

It's hard to identify if people are friendly or not, for example I was in Cherno and I've been followed by zombies and didn't have any weapons so I ran to a train station, there was a dude with a gun and I said "I'm friendly!" he said he was too, so I bandaged myself and asked him if he was alone and he said yes, he shoot zombies to keep them of from me, after I was finished with bandaging I thanked him and went away and he said "No problem". Unfortunately, I never saw him again.

When I entered that train station I thought he would shoot me, but I was suprised he didn't! I think there are good people out there you just have to pay attention!

• Like 1

I think it's best to shoot noobs on sight, they have nothing to lose and want your gear.

I don't shoot unarmed players, I keep an eye on them and move my way

Now if they do have a weapon my trigger fingers itching

Welcome to the bandit world.

I feel your pain.

Although I try not to judge all on the actions of a few I have no second thoughts on killing anyone who has not reached puberty yet, even though I have the survivor playstyle and don't just KoS. Generally I avoid playing with kids/teenagers (that looks like the weirdest sentence I have ever typed) even those who say 'I'm 14 but really mature'. No. No you're not.

In the interest of balance before teenagers reading this have a cry and write up an angst ridden entry into their journals, I have played with some shitty adults at times.

Not all teens are that bad... :I

I'm 16, yet I consider myself fairly mature. I fit in well with both my age group and adults. I guess it has something to do with the tough life I'm in. It's alright if you think otherwise.

• Like 2

Pretty shitty move ...

Have to say whenever I've encountered a random friendly, it's always ended well.

Even the time I shot at a guy by mistake than shouted friendly afterwards. Make of that what you will. Would you have trusted me?

• Like 1

Prime example of why you can't trust anyone in this game.

I know that feel bro.

The friendlies in this game don't call friendly.

They either run like fucking hell if they know they've been seen or they watch you pass by.

I'm 16, yet I consider myself fairly mature.

No personal offence here but when I see a teenager say/type that it is the same to me as a dwarf saying 'I consider myself fairly tall'.

Being a kid/teenager will dramatically reduce my chances of helping them, especially arming them. It's best for both of us to just keep out of the way.

I agree that not ALL kids/teens are like that, but the majority I have crossed paths with in game worlds are. I don't want this thread to turn into a kid/teen hate thread but age is very much a factor in how I will react to you in game.

*Edit for typo

Edited by Ben_C

I encountered one in Elektro the other day who told me "Don't loot that body, it's my body and I have snipers everywhere waiting to shoot you." I just watched him loot an AKM and then dodged all his bullets, broke his leg and he demanded I heal him. I declined. HARR HARR.

• Like 2

Surviving rule #1

When someone says "friendly" shoot him in his balls. He is not friendly.

The friendlies in this game don't call friendly.

They either run like fucking hell if they know they've been seen or they watch you pass by.

Pretty much this, I only kill people in bandit skins, I spent a few hours camped up on Stary, watched a hero loot the supermarket through my scope, watched a group of 2 survivors go through 20m from me, would have been free kills. Watched a group of survivors loot the military tents, etc. Saw two guys, one in bandit one not, took out the bandit and left the other guy. Of the 9 people, I killed one, and most of them never knew I was there at all. I consider myself friendly, no way I'd ever have announced my presence to those people though.

Turned out the bandit I killed was just in the bandit skin and was actually a survivor, sad times :(

• Like 1

No personal offence here but when I see a teenager say/type that it is the same to me as a dwarf saying 'I consider myself fairly tall'.

Being a kid/teenager will dramatically reduce my chances of helping them, especially arming them. It's best for both of us to just keep out of the way.

I agree that not ALL kids/teens are like that, but the majority I have crossed paths with in game worlds are. I don't want this thread to turn into a kid/teen hate thread but age is very much a factor in how I will react to you in game.

*Edit for typo

Makes sense. I don't consider every adult to be reasonable or smart, there's some real assholes out there.

But meh, I can agree that there's quite a number of kids/teens over the internet that can be pretentious and major douchebags, but the ones off, I can say that most of them aren't that bad. But if you think otherwise I wont force you to change your opinions or anything. I'd be a preacher at your doorstep then.

Now that is the top notch example of being screwed over in the game. I don't blame you one bit for changing your standards.

Hah but yeah, every player is somewhat different, sometimes drasticly even. like this one time where I announced I was friendly just before entering the Church in Cherno, I got shot a split second after. was unconscious, and bleeding, the guy apoligized and gave me a blood transfer! It was the least I expected after entering Cherno. he let me pick up a weapon he dropped for me and to break the whole Happy ending cliché looking story. we both got shot by a sniper when we made our way to the nearby fire station.

Though yeah, short story short, your post sums up how relentless the game and its players can be but if you try hard enough you can also make positive encounters with other players.

My first life in DayZ:

Was running through Electro being chased by half the town's zombies (I really sucked at this point) and had only a hatchet. Some random guy who also has a hatchet sees me and calls me into a building where he'll "help me take care of the zombies".

Next thing I know I had a hatchet buried in my backside as the guy yelled "Sorry! Sorry!" over his mic and continued chopping my body to pieces.

Never forgive, never forget.

Lol I love it when people say "I only shoot back", on paper that sounds all heroic and fantastic, but in reality you just get shot.Alot.

I shoot most everybody I see, you just never know.

Plus, on occasion you find something amazing on their bodies.

I'm killing you oh my god I can't stop it. Them's the words of a psychopath right there.

I was in a situation where I saw 2 surviivors crawing into the tents in balota.

I yelled at them saying "Don't move, I got you in my sights" They stopped and said "We are surviviors just like you man, reveal your location!" I tiold them not to worry about it and I needed food and to drop some.

They did and moved on.

There is such an empowerement this game gives you. Its sad that people play it with a COD mentality because while i was in this situatuion, I realized that this is thee game I wanna play. No just mindless KOS shit.

Wierd thing is in BF3 I can just blast people away. I cant do that in this for some reason... lol