Sign in to follow this  
Hoskins123

First Lingor experience

I recommend everyone try it. I only played for about 4 hours but it was way better than regular Day Z. I randomly meet 2 other guys not long after spawning. They knew the map somewhat well but none of us knew eachother. Tons of people call friendly from my experience and I did not get one murder during my game. We decided to head to the prison at the far NW which has 4 barracks in it. Not a 10th of the way there we stumble upon a fully operational blue wagon. We hop in and head North stopping at another military esque outpost. We walk the rest of the way because a tire blew. Raided the barracks twice and had still not seen another survivor in the area. Got a DMR, coyote pack, M16A2 M203, M4A3 cco, mp5sd, m9sd, range finder, and tons of other weapons not worth mentioning. So far it is a very enjoyable experience and looks so much better visually in my opinion. You can go into the majority of the buildings from my experience.

Stats are almost never saved. its very glitched, or didnt you know that?

well now you know

GL HF

Lingor is a refreshing change, but I can't help feeling that we only like it so much because it's new. It isn't actually that great a map.

Alot of the terrain is irritatingly steep, it's actually quite a small map and some of the building models really aren't made very well (Military huts, I'm looking at you).

There's also way too many military spawns for my liking.

As for stats never saving; that's nothing to do with the map, you're just playing on dodgy servers. I've never experienced stats loss on my own DB or someone else's.

playing on .tk servers is where you want to be

all .tk servers are linked

• Like 1

The map certainly has more variety (it is a mix between arab dwellings and tropical banana republic) and many of the buildings are enterable.

However i didn't feel the impression of being "in the wild" anywhere, it is like densely urbanized (if i make any sense) and then it changes from jungle to desert quite abruptly in some areas.

But for urban warfare is very good indeed, and has a race track. Chernarus can't beat that :D

Also the signs around with the revolución slogans, it gives it a weird but funny feeling.

So people do not fire on sight? Refreshing. Wonder when that will change... Same weapons as in regular DayZ? Yesterday i killed a pretty harmless guy, just for the fuck of it. He was minding his own buisness, completely. I had no reason, other than his NVG, of which i already have one pair. I would really lilke to give them back to him. His name was Netz and then some numbers, i think. I hate that kind of shit, IMO, unnessecary. If the Lingor is somewhat free from that, then I will try it.

Edited by Fistgagger

Only reason I play is so that I can have an extra character easily.

well i got already al the good stuff... i have Coyote Backpack M4A1 Holo + 8 Mags , AS50 + 6 Mags

So people do not fire on sight? Refreshing. Wonder when that will change... Same weapons as in regular DayZ? Yesterday i killed a pretty harmless guy, just for the fuck of it. He was minding his own buisness, completely. I had no reason, other than his NVG, of which i already have one pair. I would really lilke to give them back to him. His name was Netz and then some numbers, i think. I hate that kind of shit, IMO, unnessecary. If the Lingor is somewhat free from that, then I will try it.

I can only say from my experience they don't. It was just one night playing, but with side chat many people seemed to be talking and meeting up to give transfusions and stuff. I even gave 1 myself and I never do that for people in Day Z.

Edited by Hoskins123

First time I played Lingor was on a Singapore server, just so happened it's the one DoctorDentist (the guy who makes all the ARMA2 skins) and his group play on. After 5 minutes, a helicopter lands and we start talking. We get on their teamspeak and play, they want to test the heli parachute so we volunteer. It's still bugged, instant death.

They pick us up again, let us keep a UAZ and a URAL we find and play for a good 4 hours in an 8-man party.

Usually the only people who shoot at you are noobs anyway.

Had a new spawn try to steal our UAZ, literally drove it 2m into a tree and got 50+ rounds into his face. Fuck Xeno.

So i take it is OK to say the L word around here. Usually within two posts someone pipes up with "Day Z devs dont support Lingor, go away"

It is fun. For some reason i treat Lingor less seriously than Chernarus. Death doesnt seem to matter half as much because it is so easy to gear up again.

However, i have found Lingor to be a PvP super deathmatch - no one is friendly. You must be lucky.

• Like 1

I thought this new map would just be a fad but it seems to Lingor on...

B)

Lingor Island looks cool but I think they need to sort out the loot spawns, I saw a post from some guy that pretty much amassed an entire army's worth of ordinance in two days...

What I really want to play is Chernarus+, so excited for the stand-alone

Edited by ironman Tetsuo
  • Like 3

How do I find Lingor servers? :)

How do I find Lingor servers? :)

Go download and install Lingor Island files and they will show up. Just google Lingor island and the wiki will show you how to install it.

• Like 1

Go download and install Lingor Island files and they will show up. Just google Lingor island and the wiki will show you how to install it.

Sweet, thanks a lot bro. Might go try it out tonight as Chernaraus fucked me over severely last night and I'm not done crying yet...

I enjoy Lingor a lot more...

-Seems to be a lot less hackers

- Private hives are quick (Lingor.tk hive is a bit slow)

- Nice big map

- Lots of buildings

- Lots of lootable buildings

- Lots of towns

- Lots of POI

- Spawn points are on the edge of the island, most people focus going to the centre Calamar/Airfields

- Control Towers and Barracks are a lot more common

- Easier to pick up and play

- A busy server you can encounter a few people

To me the map is huge, it has a lot of towns that make the running long distances a bit more interesting, where as normal DayZ on Chenarus there is only a handful of towns worth visiting with most of them with empty buildings. The fact that all buildings are enterable makes looting a bit more interesting, spoilt for choice on what room to go into but not everyone has loot. I find hte problem with Chenarus is if I visit say Polana and I go into the town, there are only 1/2 residential buildings and a supermarket if there is nothing there I'm bummed because all other buildings are useless. So much running a barely any reward.

There are also a lot more airfields which makes sense for an island with a military theme, vehicles are easier to come by and there is a highway that allows for quick travel when driving but you are exposing yourself massively (Stole a GAZ and was driving down the highway and got chased by two guys in a military jeep was great fun, lost them on the mountain rounds.

To me the map has a much more enjoyable feel to it but it doesn't have the scarce feel of DayZ because it is quite easy to find an AKM within a few minutes of spawning. Though to be honest that scarcity of items and weapons grows tiresome in DayZ when there is only one or two spawns in a "City" because only a handful of buildings can be entered. Chenarus + might change that but I can't help but think they won't be increasing the amount of loot spawns but only spreading out the current spawns through the new buildings which will just making looting so boring. I also think for that reason people are not KOS as much on Lingor, I've come across a few people and had engagements but a lot of the time it turns out friendly and i think that is down to the rarity of items.

What I have learnt I think is DayZ and Lingor don't feel to me that they have the replayability factor in a few months time, which causes concern for me... I'm so bored of Chenarus now and knowing they're recycling the map puts a damper on the standalone, unless they stretch it out massively in the surrounding forests I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as Lingor.

Stats are almost never saved. its very glitched, or didnt you know that?

well now you know

GL HF

You're talking about normal DayZ right? That is why I play Lingor now because normal DayZ was so glitched I lost half my items in my backpack from skin changes and I could log out and log back in with a different primary weapon that I dropped a year ago.

Edited by Mastiff

Sweet, thanks a lot bro. Might go try it out tonight as Chernaraus fucked me over severely last night and I'm not done crying yet...

NP, I would link it to you but since Lingor island is considered not supported it would just get removed anyways. So just google it and the wiki will be the first result.