Bratalise

A way to help curb the amount of pointless murders by people.

For this item to work, it would need to be group operated. And we had them in every vehicle when I was over in Iraq, so around military bases, vehicles, or zombie soldiers, there could be one waiting. I do agree though, just objects alone can't solve the problem, though they can encourage effects and results. It is just in my opinion that I would like to see the game stay realistic in terms of rewards being offered by spawn advantages (meaning extra items, placements, availability of your buddies). I respect everyones view of the game, I would still play if there were advantages such as extra goodies for those who were well behaved were implemented. Truth be told, I don't know what anyone could do for some tween all boned up for COD and play just to kill for kicks. But in a "real" post-apocalyptical world there is a psycho out there mass killing for fun what can you do? Avoid them or band together to execute the threat.

For this item to work, it would need to be group operated. And we had them in every vehicle when I was over in Iraq, so around military bases, vehicles, or zombie soldiers, there could be one waiting. I do agree though, just objects alone can't solve the problem, though they can encourage effects and results. It is just in my opinion that I would like to see the game stay realistic in terms of rewards being offered by spawn advantages (meaning extra items, placements, availability of your buddies). I respect everyones view of the game, I would still play if there were advantages such as extra goodies for those who were well behaved were implemented. Truth be told, I don't know what anyone could do for some tween all boned up for COD and play just to kill for kicks. But in a "real" post-apocalyptical world there is a psycho out there mass killing for fun what can you do? Avoid them or band together to execute the threat.

Agreed with all you said, and thank you for serving. I love the fact there is a crazy person running around its exciting to have that, but I feel the game needs to regconize groups more and better allow it by allowing group spawn and the humanity works into it in a very senseable way I think.

• Like 1

Haha I get you brother, it's a tough call!

Nah man thank you for actually talking, hopefully something will get cahnged for the better.

Case in point why I believe that PVP needs to have some tangible drawback:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80389-nl-1320-marvel-are-you-butt-hurt/

If you don't go to read, the short version:

Because of something the admin did to the players IN ANOTHER GAME, they came to his dayz server, camped all new-spawns and shot them to try to kill the server.

That's the social experiment/immersion we all want, isn't it?!

Edited by 00dlez

http://dayzmod.com/f...18-ban-appeals/

Because of something the admin did to the players IN ANOTHER GAME, they came to his dayz server, camped all new-spawns and shot them to try to kill the server.

Link sent me to a bunch of ban appeals.

Spawn killing can only be fixed by either haveing zombies swarm area killing guy, and I mean REALLY swarm adn area, the more blood the worst they are i'd say, Or create a team spawn, or just have way more spawns.

Edited by curtis19

Link sent me to a bunch of ban appeals.

Spawn killing can only be fixed by either haveing zombies swarm area killing guy, and I mean REALLY swarm adn area, the more blood the worst they are i'd say, Or create a team spawn, or just have way more spawns.

Link fixed, I think.

Even in group spawns, they don't stand a chance.

Zombie swarms maybe, but it depends on what they develop in terms of zombie spawn locations/rates as well as zombie AI

Link fixed, I think.

Even in group spawns, they don't stand a chance.

Zombie swarms maybe, but it depends on what they develop in terms of zombie spawn locations/rates as well as zombie AI

i think if they camp for a certain amount of time zombies should just start poping up around them, as if attracted to the blood adn scent of the humans there.

I personally think that after a certain random number of murders, the perpetrator's gun should explode, killing them instantly.

I don't think that a great idea, still sticking to my humanity adn group idea.

the sniper in the city scenario again, well the sniper in question must have felt pretty safe from other snipers as the building in question is very open.

long story short the sniping is a legitimate part of the game its unfair, its frustrating, but its part of the game the most fun is sniping the new spawn killers. but obviously if a clan or group has trouble with over population sniping new spawns is a good way to drop it.

the best way is to avoid the "easy" loot in the city of cherno and electro, stary sobor too. ive done this countless times and survived long enough to be gunned down by hackers with golden AK's and god mode. now thats even more frustrating,

So avoid the two biggest cities in the game? How is that fair at all the point of the survival game isnt to be sniped every time you walk into the cities it's to survive maybe get killed by a person but not sniped by a british 50 caliber gun you fucking cunt face. People kill themselves all the time until their spawn is either cherno or electro why in the hell is it fair for some dickweed to sit atop a buidling 100 meters high out of range of a pistol or whatever gun you happen to find while spawning in. You want a pro tip go fuck yourself with a pineapple.

What I see you saying "Why is it fair that he gets a gun because he is smart and survived long enough to enjoy his reward". AS50S maybe common on every sniper person but they managed to not get their head shot the fuck off like you did.

• Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/f...-you-butt-hurt/

A vendetta attitude maybe, but obviously no one wants to see something like sore loser, using exploits, to seek revenge. However, if you are asking if someone had a bad blood from a run in with a player or their whole group and they wanted to seek revenge and raid their camps or hunt them all down and kill them in a LEGITIMATE fashion...then yes, that is exactly what I want. Feuds, revenge, clan skirmishes. If you know there is a larger group out there that has great supplies and you want to raid them instead of earning all that on your own, sounds great to me! If a group of bandits came across one of your friends and robbed them and killed them, that also sounds great. It is these stories and emotions that make this game so great, exciting, and appealing.

So avoid the two biggest cities in the game? How is that fair at all the point of the survival game isnt to be sniped every time you walk into the cities it's to survive maybe get killed by a person but not sniped by a british 50 caliber gun you fucking cunt face. People kill themselves all the time until their spawn is either cherno or electro why in the hell is it fair for some dickweed to sit atop a buidling 100 meters high out of range of a pistol or whatever gun you happen to find while spawning in. You want a pro tip go fuck yourself with a pineapple.

Didn't read the OP but this made my day. An aussie in NY xD

Stick it to them, dude!

If you decide to be a good person and work to build a group and base through scavenging, you get all of the rewards that being in a group entails. Help when you need it, people to talk to, reinforcements if your group is attacked, and soforth.

If you decide to be a loner and kill people for their stuff, you get all of the rewards that killing people for their stuff entails. All the loot you can take with you, and soforth.

If you decide to group up with a group of likeminded individuals and take what you want at the point of a gun, you get the best of both worlds.

The point is, make your decision and live with the consequences.

Know what? Brilliantly put. If these words were spoken at the beginning, I feel this thread wouldn't have gone on for long. have my beans dude. Edited by Cronic

Didn't read the OP but this made my day. An aussie in NY xD

Stick it to them, dude!

I'd say he aint sticking anyone with anything. Sounds like a little kiddie throwing his toys out of the pram. Edited by Cronic

Know what? Brilliantly put. If these words were spoken at the beginning, I feel this thread wouldn't have gone on for long. have my beans dude.

If only gettign agroup going was easy in the game I would agree totally, my whole thing is make that easier and the random killing would decrease alot. Of courseadding more to do, or reasons to group up would fix this as well, both I tihnk should be implmented.

Let me get this right. The bandits, who kill a few people every once and a while, and a few (sick) people for the purpose of survival, are mentally incapable of handling an unsharpened pencil. Yet the "survivors" who are too stupid to survive more than an hour, and kill hundreds upon hundreds of sick people so they can get a 32nd can of beans (That they wont use), or a new band aid (That they wont use), or maybe some ammo (For a gun they dont use, to kill said sick people), are the morally correct, sane, and right in every way.

Im sure you (And everyone who agrees with you) used all the thought power they could summon to make this wonderful and outstanding thread, along with the posts in it.

The only valid way you can make this argument is by punishing those who hunt down the completely unarmed players, and there is no way to tell if they are really unarmed, or wont follow you. Ive been stabbed (Well, shot.) in the back by players who put a revolver in their backpack instead of their hand several times.

Let me get this right. The bandits, who kill a few people every once and a while, and a few (sick) people for the purpose of survival, are mentally incapable of handling an unsharpened pencil. Yet the "survivors" who are too stupid to survive more than an hour, and kill hundreds upon hundreds of sick people so they can get a 32nd can of beans (That they wont use), or a new band aid (That they wont use), or maybe some ammo (For a gun they dont use, to kill said sick people), are the morally correct, sane, and right in every way.

Im sure you (And everyone who agrees with you) used all the thought power they could summon to make this wonderful and outstanding thread, along with the posts in it.

The only valid way you can make this argument is by punishing those who hunt down the completely unarmed players, and there is no way to tell if they are really unarmed, or wont follow you. Ive been stabbed (Well, shot.) in the back by players who put a revolver in their backpack instead of their hand several times.

Not to bash your comment, but the thread is called

"A way to help curb the amount of pointless murders by people."

Why not help by giving an alternate solution like others have, instead of just going off on the guy for trying to come up with a solution.

I've crawled in and out of Cherno without dying, sure I was shot at 15-20 times but it's all about patience and intelligence. It adds a realistic edge to the game, if your stupid and run around in the streets obviously your not going to survive that long, other players just speeding up the process. However, if you prone and crawl through the grass and analyze the direction the shots come from you can efficiently avoid dying or even being hit for that matter. Example: I'm crawling on the side of the road entering Cherno, *Crack* a shot whizzes by my head as the shooter prepares to zero in his rifle. I look to the left and see a wall with a crumbled bottom, I quickly crawl under the small gap in the wall and maneuver safely through the yard of a residential building while a sniper lingers about my location scratching his/her wondering when i'm going to pop my head out, which will never come, because by then i'll have moved on and left him punching his keyboard as he lets a precious kill slip through his grasps. If everyone does this then eventually snipers will have to adapt in order to efficiently hunt their prey, which could mean more uses for frag grenades, using closer ranged weapons to secure kills.

I've crawled in and out of Cherno without dying, sure I was shot at 15-20 times but it's all about patience and intelligence. It adds a realistic edge to the game, if your stupid and run around in the streets obviously your not going to survive that long, other players just speeding up the process. However, if you prone and crawl through the grass and analyze the direction the shots come from you can efficiently avoid dying or even being hit for that matter. Example: I'm crawling on the side of the road entering Cherno, *Crack* a shot whizzes by my head as the shooter prepares to zero in his rifle. I look to the left and see a wall with a crumbled bottom, I quickly crawl under the small gap in the wall and maneuver safely through the yard of a residential building while a sniper lingers about my location scratching his/her wondering when i'm going to pop my head out, which will never come, because by then i'll have moved on and left him punching his keyboard as he lets a precious kill slip through his grasps. If everyone does this then eventually snipers will have to adapt in order to efficiently hunt their prey, which could mean more uses for frag grenades, using closer ranged weapons to secure kills.

The point the OP is making isn't its too hard, but there needs to be things in the real world to question that choice, though he might not be thinking bout it in the right way.

Looking away from all the herp and derp from everyone else, you had an excellent idea in there.

Hallucinations. Don't know how this would play in, but maybe the last frame (FPS) before you killed someone would flash across the screen, accompanied by screaming (in your head) or something. Would take the player by surprise. How it would work, with a colorful numbering system to attract the eye of readers:

1. It appears after you kill 1 player that isn't a "bandit", so if you get a kill counted as a murder.

2. 5% chance that hallucination is solid (95% chance of opaque) Size and centering of hallucination differs. Randomly colored streaks and flashes would accompany it.

3. The first 2-3 kills only have flashes that last for ~1 second, and no screaming is involved. Happens every 20-30 minutes.

4. More kills = more occurrences, and for longer. Somewhere after ~10 murders is when the screaming would start.

5. They fade with time, each murder causes the effect to last 24 hours (Effect does not go away if you stop playing) Effect can also be slowed/hampered by helping others.

6. After >20 homocides or humanity below 10,000, the hallucinations happen every couple of minutes, and last for several seconds, with distorted images and screaming. The victim's face would flash across the screen occasionally. 30% chance that your character escapes these hallucinations by screaming. Attracts zombies. More likely that hallucinations are solid.

7. >50 murders or humanity below 30,000 leads to irreversible damage to your character's psychi, causing dementia. Your character would then see solid bodies in the world, those of which, aren't really there. Random twitches would occur, causing random weapon discharges. Constant murmuring voices are played. (If anybody has played Dead Space, think if it as Isaac's condition.) The player also screams at the hallucinations, which attracts zombies (not aggro, but similar to the tin can effect), and can be heard by other players. Effect is unfixable, regardless of humanity. Morphine slows the effect, but does not stop it.

I know there will be plenty of bitching about this idea, because some people have humanity ~200,000 and it would bother them. Therefore they would hate this idea and call me retarded, because THEY don't like it. This is another one of those ideas that would be better for the advancement of DayZ, regardless of what people think. The game would progress further if rocket decided to just throw this in the game, and not tell anybody. So much QQ would happen. Point being, it is better for the whole if this was in the game, but a few individuals would suffer.

Perhaps it's too complex for the mod, but it is something that NEEDS to be in the standalone.

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Looking away from all the herp and derp from everyone else, you had an excellent idea in there.

Hallucinations. Don't know how this would play in, but maybe the last frame (FPS) before you killed someone would flash across the screen, accompanied by screaming (in your head) or something. Would take the player by surprise. How it would work, with a colorful numbering system to attract the eye of readers:

1. It appears after you kill 1 player that isn't a "bandit", so if you get a kill counted as a murder.

2. 5% chance that hallucination is solid (95% chance of opaque) Size and centering of hallucination differs. Randomly colored streaks and flashes would accompany it.

3. The first 2-3 kills only have flashes that last for ~1 second, and no screaming is involved. Happens every 20-30 minutes.

4. More kills = more occurrences, and for longer. Somewhere after ~10 murders is when the screaming would start.

5. They fade with time, each murder causes the effect to last 24 hours (Effect does not go away if you stop playing) Effect can also be slowed/hampered by helping others.

6. After >20 homocides or humanity below 10,000, the hallucinations happen every couple of minutes, and last for several seconds, with distorted images and screaming. The victim's face would flash across the screen occasionally. 30% chance that your character escapes these hallucinations by screaming. Attracts zombies. More likely that hallucinations are solid.

7. >50 murders or humanity below 30,000 leads to irreversible damage to your character's psychi, causing dementia. Your character would then see solid bodies in the world, those of which, aren't really there. Random twitches would occur, causing random weapon discharges. Constant murmuring voices are played. (If anybody has played Dead Space, think if it as Isaac's condition.) The player also screams at the hallucinations, which attracts zombies (not aggro, but similar to the tin can effect), and can be heard by other players. Effect is unfixable, regardless of humanity. Morphine slows the effect, but does not stop it.

I know there will be plenty of bitching about this idea, because some people have humanity ~200,000 and it would bother them. Therefore they would hate this idea and call me retarded, because THEY don't like it. This is another one of those ideas that would be better for the advancement of DayZ, regardless of what people think. The game would progress further if rocket decided to just throw this in the game, and not tell anybody. So much QQ would happen. Point being, it is better for the whole if this was in the game, but a few individuals would suffer.

Perhaps it's too complex for the mod, but it is something that NEEDS to be in the standalone.

That all might work if it was related mroe to people BEING ALONE FOR TOO LONG, not killing people. cause right now peoplekill people and nothing happens, but those in isolation do go mad from time to time.