Bratalise

A way to help curb the amount of pointless murders by people.

So after just being murdered for the 10th time by someone with a AS50 that was a top the large industrail building in Cherno, I've been thinking of a way to help curb the amount of players that kill for fun in Dayz.

So as someone continues to kill players there humanity drops, only logical that the players Psych drops as well. I was thinking that if someone keeps killing these people and dropping their own characters humanity maybe the character will become to contemplate suicide and shoot themselfs for the inhumanity that they have endured.

I think for the character to commit suicide it would have to be after quite a few murders that way regualr players who maybe get shot at and kill the shooter arent going to kill theselves.

This effect could happen only if the characters humanity is at a certain low point where no normal player could reach manly becuase the normal player might meet up with someone give them a blood transfusion or bandage them and raise their humanity back up.

This might now be a complete solution but i think that it may help stop people in northwest airfield or in one of the major cities to kill for fun. This method could still allow people to kill others for supplies if they so needed just as long as they arent ruthlessly murdering people.

Kind of a side note i just thought of as i was writing this maybe as your humainty drops certain things begin to happen to your chracter like Hullucinations, Random screams to stop the voices in their head (maybe could attract zombies), or even inflicting pain to oneself maybe them cuttign their wrists and the blood could attract zombie?

Anyway it's just an idea feel free to comment and leave suggestions and explain how it would help/hinder game play.

(This part is important becuase i feel people think there is no way to combat the suicide of your player)

*No in a nutshell im saying someone camping Cherno with a high powered rifle thats 1 hit kill in the body and out of range of any small fire arm you may find while in town isn't exactly considered a fair fight. I know Dayz is a Roleplayer and if you want to be a crazy lunatic killer then fine but if you sit up there for 5 hours and are out of reach of anyone how is that all fair? If you control the biggest city in the game which about 50% of everyone goes to when they first spawn and have are absolutley no threat then how is it any different from Spawn Camping in WoW? Theres no way to counter this guy cause the ladder going up makes about as much noise as a car starting up and even if you do get a lee enfield or some gun like that he'll most likely disconnect.

What I was hoping this would do is lower the amount of these people that kill and have no repercussions. This isn't immediatly when your characters a bandit, there would be signs prior to your character actually commiting suicide. Say instead of someone killing 50 people in cherno they could only kill 10 then they would have to go back and raise their humanity back to a point so they could go kill more people. This doesnt Eliminate banditing it just makes it more of a hastle. and if the bandit goes into town to try to raise his humanity i.e. Bandaging a friend or giving a blood transfusion then atleast he is in harms way of some other survivor having a fair chance to get him.*

Edited by Bratalise
  • Like 5

I got another idea, have a tissue you crying little kid.

Heres a tip? AVOID FUCKING ELECTRO AND CHERNO?!

AMAZING RIGHT?

• Like 4

The way to keep the kids with duped as50s from sniping noobs for awhile would be to eliminate duping(which cannot be done) and a full wipe of all gear/tents/vehicles so it would take people a few days/weeks to get enough to do it again. I remember the good old days when the only snipers you worried about were the guys who had a cz since it was highly unlikely to find anyone with an m107(it also took your backpack). The QQ led to the lowered spawn rate of czs.

I got another idea, have a tissue you crying little kid.

Heres a tip? AVOID FUCKING ELECTRO AND CHERNO?!

AMAZING RIGHT?

So avoid the two biggest cities in the game? How is that fair at all the point of the survival game isnt to be sniped every time you walk into the cities it's to survive maybe get killed by a person but not sniped by a british 50 caliber gun you fucking cunt face. People kill themselves all the time until their spawn is either cherno or electro why in the hell is it fair for some dickweed to sit atop a buidling 100 meters high out of range of a pistol or whatever gun you happen to find while spawning in. You want a pro tip go fuck yourself with a pineapple.

Edited by Fraggle
*warning point given for verbal abuse.
  • Like 5

Yeah it might work - but it would also ruin the game. People only kill because they are bored. Once you get high end guns, a coyote pack, a ghillie maybe, perhaps even a car and a camp, then what do you do? Rocket needs to introduce new things to find, perhaps finding scrap metal etc that will help to construct bigger and safer camps. Things that keep people occupied will prevent people killing the bean wars around Elektro, Cherno etc.

lol no

the point of the survival game ... is to survive

Let's recap;

You spawned in and ran to a major city which are renouned for being major PvP hubs

You were sniped by someone who has learnt to survive/duped in an item

You did the same thing again, 9 times over.

To survive is to "continue to live or exist, esp. in spite of danger or hardship"

Are you really sure that you're trying to survive? Sounds to me like you almost want to get shot at lol

Edited by KnT47r

I've mentioned this before but why not implement some kind of drug that a (really evil) bandit requires that a normal survivor doesnt?

I'm no expert but surely someone who indescriminately murders people has a screw loose. Like needing painkillers when you get clobbered by Zeds, make bandits require pills to prevent them losing their mind.

It wont stop banditry but it would be fun having bandits needing to go into hospitals to get drugs that noone else has or needs.

Hell, i might even start camping the hospitals as i wait for the bandits come crawling for their fix!

• Like 2

you must be new to this game.

"Member Since Today, 01:05 PM"

So heres some advice.

1. Learn to play, you're obviously shit at this game if you get sniped 10 times in row. If you get sniped somewhere, its not a good idea to go back there.
  2. Stop bitching on the forums, this is a pointless thread about another noob complaining how they keep getting sniped.
  3. Go find another game, really, you've been playing for like 1 day and already complaining on the forums. You die in this game, get used to it.

• Like 1

you must be new to this game.

"Member Since Today, 01:05 PM"

So heres some advice.

1. Learn to play, you're obviously shit at this game if you get sniped 10 times in row. If you get sniped somewhere, its not a good idea to go back there.
  2. Stop bitching on the forums, this is a pointless thread about another noob complaining how they keep getting sniped.
  3. Go find another game, really, you've been playing for like 1 day and already complaining on the forums. You die in this game, get used to it.

Iv'e had this game for a while I just made an account on this site to share an idea. It's not like I was on the same server I jumped severs looking for one that i could actually meet up with someone but everytime i went into a city some guy who had the unfair advantage of sitting on top of a roof with a As50 shot me while i was scrounging around in the store. I wasn't a threat to him I had an axe but he felt that i was worth the bullet to the body.

The way to keep the kids with duped as50s from sniping noobs for awhile would be to eliminate duping(which cannot be done) and a full wipe of all gear/tents/vehicles so it would take people a few days/weeks to get enough to do it again. I remember the good old days when the only snipers you worried about were the guys who had a cz since it was highly unlikely to find anyone with an m107(it also took your backpack). The QQ led to the lowered spawn rate of czs.

I wouldn't mind resetting everything to get duped items down. It would for sure take quite awhile to get all that gear again to re-dupe!

So avoid the two biggest cities in the game? How is that fair at all the point of the survival game isnt to be sniped every time you walk into the cities it's to survive maybe get killed by a person but not sniped by a british 50 caliber gun you fucking cunt face. People kill themselves all the time until their spawn is either cherno or electro why in the hell is it fair for some dickweed to sit atop a buidling 100 meters high out of range of a pistol or whatever gun you happen to find while spawning in. You want a pro tip go fuck yourself with a pineapple.

If you can't handle the heat get the F* out the kitchen!

It's not hard to avoid snipers and players in a big town. Just don't get attached to your character, and by dying a lot you learn to scavange better, and be stealthy.

there's an easier fix than this - just take the murders / bandit kills off the debug monitor

However, as mentioned above, this would kind of ruin the game. Once you've got everything you basically just want to see how many murders and/or bandit kills you can get (sometimes zombie kills too).

edit: To OP, think of it this way - if your friends found a chopper and fixed it up with parts and ammo, you're not gonna just fly around the place (you can do that in Arma II armoury) - you're gonna go gunning people down for fun and to feel a sense of superiority after all the hours you've spent acquring said chopper.

Edited by pjano

there's an easier fix than this - just take the murders / bandit kills off the debug monitor

However, as mentioned above, this would kind of ruin the game. Once you've got everything you basically just want to see how many murders and/or bandit kills you can get (sometimes zombie kills too).

edit: To OP, think of it this way - if your friends found a chopper and fixed it up with parts and ammo, you're not gonna just fly around the place (you can do that in Arma II armoury) - you're gonna go gunning people down for fun and to feel a sense of superiority after all the hours you've spent acquring said chopper.

Yes, that is why people have mentioned that the players of DayZ need more to do. So time will tell, and we shall wait n' see what's next for the Mod and it's stand alone version!

Edited by CerebralZombie

I understand your sentiment and desire to try to curb the sheer amount of OP sniper /insert rude word here/ out there player killing for lol's (and ruining other players games for no real reason). Because I agree it is unfair. The sniper rifles are massively OP. (survivors are civilians not sniper ace's) But a character committing suicide is a little too much. there are far more reasonable and realistic ways to level the playing field for the betterment of all parties.

No matter what all these nay sayers do the Dev team want to do something with the humanity bar. the sheer fact that these suggestions come up time after time is a testiment to the fact that some feature is wanted by the community as a whole. regardless of how the sniper militia spam such threads in an attempt to kill them all off.

Edited by DeadManWalking2

I've mentioned this before but why not implement some kind of drug that a (really evil) bandit requires that a normal survivor doesnt?

I'm no expert but surely someone who indescriminately murders people has a screw loose. Like needing painkillers when you get clobbered by Zeds, make bandits require pills to prevent them losing their mind.

It wont stop banditry but it would be fun having bandits needing to go into hospitals to get drugs that noone else has or needs.

Hell, i might even start camping the hospitals as i wait for the bandits come crawling for their fix!

^ THIS CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTION DESERVES A SERIOUS INSIGHT.

Yes, do this. I think it's an almost amazing solution. And the more inhumanity you get, the more you will need your psychotrops.

Or have Zombies smell or in someway sense inhumanity.

Maybe. Just an idea.

so here we go again " im killed to much " they still dont get it ! .. :P

So after just being murdered for the 10th time by someone with a AS50 that was a top the large industrail building in Cherno, I've been thinking of a way to help curb the amount of players that kill for fun in Dayz.

So as someone continues to kill players there humanity drops, only logical that the players Psych drops as well. I was thinking that if someone keeps killing these people and dropping their own characters humanity maybe the character will become to contemplate suicide and shoot themselfs for the inhumanity that they have endured.

I think for the character to commit suicide it would have to be after quite a few murders that way regualr players who maybe get shot at and kill the shooter arent going to kill theselves.

The thing is freind. your idea makes some sence but the game is not meant to be played with a penalty for the " way " you play or more so the " character " you choose to portray.. the psycho killer players shouldnt and i dare say wont ever have a penalty..oh wait they do now its the " BANDIT" skin.. anyway.. it defeats the purpose of the game in a sence(penalties for role playing ???).. I think alot of new(ish) players need to know that if you arent having a good time playing dayz its something you need to fix.. join a clan, get a crew, convince your gamer freinds to play it and start a squad for security.. theres so many ideas that can beat these problems.. of course you wont always play in a secure, strong squad but hey its a start :D

so long story short.. play with your freinds, people/gamers you trust.. dayz is a fucking hard game.. the role playing aspects dont deserve to be bent in a particular direction just because some of us are getting fucked on( me also!!).. the concept and idea is new and fresh and its here to stay so i hope you continue to play and enjoy and try not to make those arsehole bandits piss you off 2 much:P

In having said all this I get rather pissed off all the time of late due to death by hackers ! doing super hacker bullshit by server command and killing all on the server for no real reason.. now this defenetley has to go.. but the standard game playing aspects of un fair killing i dare say dont..they are by player choice..of course it sux and yes there is some ways around it ( via direct chat comm etc) but standard player routine shouldnt be touched too much ! thats what makes the game a RPG zombie apoc enviroment.. and fucking awesome at that.. there isnt many rules.. so toughn up and kill or be killed ! :D

- liquid ^__^

PS oh and also...I see the 1st part of your post said you were in cherno.. well.. STAY the fuck out of CHERNO/ELEKTRO if you dont wont to die ! :P

• Like 1

If you think that massively shooting players on sight, without any word of warning, without even trying to loot them, is role playing, you should seriously start to play role playing games ASAP, because, Sir, you obviously don't know what role playing is.

If you think that massively shooting players on sight, without any word of warning, without even trying to loot them, is role playing, you should seriously start to play role playing games ASAP, because, Sir, you obviously don't know what role playing is.

Dude?! That's a silly, silly comment. 'roleplaying' is playing any role you damn well choose. If I want to play the role of a lunitic with a gun that loves to shoot at random any player I wish, I will & I do. Of course i'm not going to warn these people I'm going to kill, before I pull the trigger?! That's just stupid, I want to kill them?! Unless they're unarmed, I could then give them a sporting chance :)

RPG's, most are not truely 'roleplaying' as they only have set, limited options. This is more of a true 'roleplaying' game as you have the freedom to be anything you want.

You can't be a mage though dude, You may need to stick with WOW matey, off you pop :)

Edited by Cronic

So....In a nutshell, your saying if someone becomes a bandit, they kill themselves. This is probably THE worst idea iv ever seen put forward. Im all for some of the ideas such as, morphine/painkiller addiction after -5k humanity and such, but this idea is bad. Hopefully the debug monitor being removed in 1.7.3 will lower the pointless killings as they wont have a kill "score" to buff.

• Like 2

Dude?! That's a silly, silly comment. 'roleplaying' is playing any role you damn well choose. If I want to play the role of a lunitic with a gun that loves to shoot at random any player I wish, I will & I do. Of course i'm not going to warn these people I'm going to kill, before I pull the trigger?! That's just stupid, I want to kill them?! Unless they're unarmed, I could then give them a sporting chance :)

RPG's, most are not truely 'roleplaying' as they only have set, limited options. This is more of a true 'roleplaying' game as you have the freedom to be anything you want.

You can't be a mage though dude, You may need to stick with WOW matey, off you pop :)

You both make very good points. The problem is that there are no rewards for role-playing the good guy. Hence the current deathmatch state of the mod. As for the WOW comment. Leave that shit out he makes a very valid point.

As I've posted in other threads, I agree with you that sniping/murdering needs to have challenges added...

But this is silly. "You're really good at what you are doing in the game, so your character is forced to suicide."... Seriously?

What's to differentiate the AS50 noob-slayer from the counter-bandit hero who is putting foot to ass on a half dozen bandits each hour?

The game can't tell the difference, but OP would argue one should be enhanced and the other diminished.

Because every mass murderer in existence is now a crazy maniac? In fairness, I imagine most of them are perfectly sane. No, it's a terrible idea giving any consequences for bandits or any benefits to not being one, because this is a completely realistic scenario. People in real life (I imagine, and hope, not as many as there are in DayZ) would resort to violent measures in order to survive, because the average person probably is desperate to survive and would resort to very bad circumstances to survive.

I'll put this another way. The only reason any nerfing should be done is if a game aspect is unfair. Bandits are perfectly fair, because most of them are still using legitimately-gained resources to do what they please. While us survivors may not like bandits, that's not a reason to change DayZ from a social experiment to a linear RPG.

• Like 1