Bratalise

A way to help curb the amount of pointless murders by people.

I'll put this another way. The only reason any nerfing should be done is if a game aspect is unfair. Bandits are perfectly fair, because most of them are still using legitimately-gained resources to do what they please. While us survivors may not like bandits, that's not a reason to change DayZ from a social experiment to a linear RPG.

Eh....

Edited by 00dlez

This kid said that it's an unfair advantage to sit atop a building with a sniper rifle.....hmmmm, I wonder if he would still call it that if he was the sniper atop that building. His thoughts would be: "Wow just killed my second survivor! Dude im pretty good with this gun, I'm the best sniper in the world. I'm gonna be a sniper when I grow up and I'm gonna be so good they give me a .50 in sniper school and I'll paint a tiger on it."

You both make very good points. The problem is that there are no rewards for role-playing the good guy. Hence the current deathmatch state of the mod. As for the WOW comment. Leave that shit out he makes a very valid point.

But why does being good have to be rewarded? The thing I like about this game is, that it treats you like a grown up. It's not trying to stuff any idea of moralitiy down your throat, it is what it is, go & have fun, whichever way you want.

My comment about WOW was in gest hence the little smily face at the end. You wanna take it seariously that's your problem.

• Like 1

I've mentioned this before but why not implement some kind of drug that a (really evil) bandit requires that a normal survivor doesnt?

I'm no expert but surely someone who indescriminately murders people has a screw loose. Like needing painkillers when you get clobbered by Zeds, make bandits require pills to prevent them losing their mind.

It wont stop banditry but it would be fun having bandits needing to go into hospitals to get drugs that noone else has or needs.

Hell, i might even start camping the hospitals as i wait for the bandits come crawling for their fix!

This... is actually not bad IMHO. Add another meter that ticks down over time for all players, but goes faster or slower depending on your humanity. obviously unlike hunger/thrist it won't kill you, but it could have an effect just like pain killers which would make any future killing near impossible.

I will give you beans, sir.

So....In a nutshell, your saying if someone becomes a bandit, they kill themselves. This is probably THE worst idea iv ever seen put forward. Im all for some of the ideas such as, morphine/painkiller addiction after -5k humanity and such, but this idea is bad. Hopefully the debug monitor being removed in 1.7.3 will lower the pointless killings as they wont have a kill "score" to buff.

No in a nutshell im saying someone camping Cherno with a high powered rifle thats 1 hit kill in the body and out of range of any small fire arm you may find while in town isn't exactly considered a fair fight. I know Dayz is a Roleplayer and if you want to be a crazy lunatic killer then fine but if you sit up there for 5 hours and are out of reach of anyone how is that all fair? If you control the biggest city in the game which about 50% of everyone goes to when they first spawn and have are absolutley no threat then how is it any different from Spawn Camping in WoW? Theres no way to counter this guy cause the ladder going up makes about as much noise as a car starting up and even if you do get a lee enfield or some gun like that he'll most likely disconnect.

What I was hoping this would do is lower the amount of these people that kill and have no repercussions. This isn't immediatly when your characters a bandit, there would be signs prior to your character actually commiting suicide. Say instead of someone killing 50 people in cherno they could only kill 10 then they would have to go back and raise their humanity back to a point so they could go kill more people. This doesnt Eliminate banditing it just makes it more of a hastle. and if the bandit goes into town to try to raise his humanity i.e. Bandaging a friend or giving a blood transfusion then atleast he is in harms way of some other survivor having a fair chance to get him.

This is interesting in that they've implied using the Humanity counter, implying it is NOT a game (i'm assuming just survival), and forcing players to forage, defend themselves, and make it to the next day. The counter implies there is some purpose to your actions.

While great humanity gives you a hero status (though giving them special abilities is ridiculous, even special clothes is silly), a lack of humanity should affect players. Realistically (oh no, but its just a game) killing people and death in general affects a person horrendously. Opposite this people will realistically, naturally seek other people to confirm their humanity and the survival of the human race.

How this can affect in game is simply by having humanity drop due to their presence around death, causing death, or being attacked (adreneline makes people crazy!).

Effects of people's inhumanity is insanity: Hearing zombies where they are not, random blurring, seeing people where they are not.

So........

People still want to pretend they are perfectly fine being a mass murderer when all they've ever done in real life was burn anthills with a magnifying glass, let's make this anti-game even more realistic by giving everyone some PTSD!

• Like 3

This is interesting in that they've implied using the Humanity counter, implying it is NOT a game (i'm assuming just survival), and forcing players to forage, defend themselves, and make it to the next day. The counter implies there is some purpose to your actions.

While great humanity gives you a hero status (though giving them special abilities is ridiculous, even special clothes is silly), a lack of humanity should affect players. Realistically (oh no, but its just a game) killing people and death in general affects a person horrendously. Opposite this people will realistically, naturally seek other people to confirm their humanity and the survival of the human race.

How this can affect in game is simply by having humanity drop due to their presence around death, causing death, or being attacked (adreneline makes people crazy!).

Effects of people's inhumanity is insanity: Hearing zombies where they are not, random blurring, seeing people where they are not.

So........

People still want to pretend they are perfectly fine being a mass murderer when all they've ever done in real life was burn anthills with a magnifying glass, let's make this anti-game even more realistic by giving everyone some PTSD!

Excatly that all I'm really trying to get at no one human can kill countless people and not have some form of insanity even if they are battle hardened survivors their not immune to the psychological effects of murdering countless people. My beans to you my friend

Excatly that all I'm really trying to get at no one human can kill countless people and not have some form of insanity even if they are battle hardened survivors their not immune to the psychological effects of murdering countless people. My beans to you my friend

Aything that makes this game even more realistic, grittier, has my vote.

I disagree. With the right justification, I believe the average person would sleep like a baby.If they truly believed it was them or that other person, and that it was self defense, many wouldn't have a problem with it at all. It's only a matter of time before that newb with the hatchet finds himself a gun and comes hunting you to take your beans.

What you're suggesting would de-value a core feature of DayZ.

That's like removing grenades in COD.

No in a nutshell im saying someone camping Cherno with a high powered rifle thats 1 hit kill in the body and out of range of any small fire arm you may find while in town isn't exactly considered a fair fight. I know Dayz is a Roleplayer and if you want to be a crazy lunatic killer then fine but if you sit up there for 5 hours and are out of reach of anyone how is that all fair? If you control the biggest city in the game which about 50% of everyone goes to when they first spawn and have are absolutley no threat then how is it any different from Spawn Camping in WoW? Theres no way to counter this guy cause the ladder going up makes about as much noise as a car starting up and even if you do get a lee enfield or some gun like that he'll most likely disconnect.

What I was hoping this would do is lower the amount of these people that kill and have no repercussions. This isn't immediatly when your characters a bandit, there would be signs prior to your character actually commiting suicide. Say instead of someone killing 50 people in cherno they could only kill 10 then they would have to go back and raise their humanity back to a point so they could go kill more people. This doesnt Eliminate banditing it just makes it more of a hastle. and if the bandit goes into town to try to raise his humanity i.e. Bandaging a friend or giving a blood transfusion then atleast he is in harms way of some other survivor having a fair chance to get him.

You're missing the point dude, it's not supposed to be fair, it's up to you to get the upper hand in any way you can. You want to go to the big cities where some juicy loot is? Ok then, get shot or get lucky. Or you could learn. Go to a server a 'regular' server with only a few in. This gives you a better chance of getting gear & general experience. Don't go to the big cities, head directly inland, north. You shouldn't have a problem finding a bit of food to keep you going. Your main goal should to be able to live off the land. This means you won't need to rely on cities or towns so much. A can of beans will give you 200 units of blood, a cooked steak will give 800! If you want to get tooled then start looking for crashed choppers these always spawn the very best weapons in the game or med supplies. If some guy has a laugh shooting noobs, then so be it, i've been on both sides. This game takes patience, sounds like you need a little more, but hey, you play how you want. If you want to do the same thing you've been doing... I'll be waiting for you & I wont hesitate :)

PS. Oh, I don't sit in cherno shooting noobs. I'm a roamer. I've learnt the hard way, that most people can't be trusted. Most will shoot you on sight or shoot you when your back is turned. So I stay away from other players. But again if I have an oppertunity, I have the upper hand, i'll take it, I wont hesitate for a second & won't lose any sleep.

I guess my experiences have made me play the way I do. It's a rare thing to find in a game these days.

You have to get into the game, feel the pressure of life or death. If you are moving to an objective, bound from cover to cover, making sure that you are more often concealed than out in the open. Know the difference of cover in the fact that there is concealing cover, cover that will hide you but not stop any incoming rounds, and hard cover, which will protect you from small arms fire. While behind your cover plot your next move, scan ahead to see if any threats are out there. TAKE YOUR TIME make sure there is somewhere to take cover while bounding if you see anyone or get fired upon. Mad dashes out in the open are too risky, especially around cities where you know where enemy fire may come from, be a slithery snake and hug that cover and stay hidden. If you know of any snipers delights out there watch them flank around those points to see if there is a bird in that nest. Mostly, do not go to heavily "PvP" areas alone, you should always have a battle buddy!

As for a suggestion that would take care of someone is out there mass murdering, maybe there can be a bounty hunter service? Maybe contact a group of, justice enforcing, humane survivors, who do not take a liking to bandit and get their jolly's off by hunting down menacing players. Tactfully the team will enter (the city in your case) and eradicate. But there, there would have to be some sort of pay off system implemented for that as well.

The fact of the matter is this is a social sandbox game. You are free to run around and do as you please. Unite with those in common interest or lay low, because a loner in a survival situation is not fit run around like John J. Rambo.

It is a war zone brother, you got to do what you gotta do.

If you think that massively shooting players on sight, without any word of warning, without even trying to loot them, is role playing, you should seriously start to play role playing games ASAP, because, Sir, you obviously don't know what role playing is.

You miss the point.idiot.

Iv'e had this game for a while I just made an account on this site to share an idea. It's not like I was on the same server I jumped severs looking for one that i could actually meet up with someone but everytime i went into a city some guy who had the unfair advantage of sitting on top of a roof with a As50 shot me while i was scrounging around in the store. I wasn't a threat to him I had an axe but he felt that i was worth the bullet to the body.

Welcome to DayZ. Love it or leave it, dont bitch on the forums.

People try to make people play a certain way (The way they like it)

People should be able to choose if they want to be trigger happy or a hero without being punished for their choises.

• Like 1

People try to make people play a certain way (The way they like it)

People should be able to choose if they want to be trigger happy or a hero without being punished for their choises.

The point is, no one comes to the forum saying "I was on a server and all anyone did was move from town to town scavenging supplies, this is terrible". Currently, the easiest and least challenging way to play is to sit on a hillside and snipe into well traveled areas. In terms of the long term survival of the standalone version, I think that without a check against this play style, many people will stop playing and the game will die.

I do not think PVP should be prevented.

I do not think that playstyles should have extra benefits or specific penalties (unless some sort of a class or achievement system is added, but this is a different discussion).

I do think that there needs to be a challenge added to the hill sniping / new spawn slaying lifestyle, or else the game will quickly die.

Ignoring the alt-F4 crowd, what is stopping people from killing the people who are hill sniping again?

Ignoring the alt-F4 crowd, what is stopping people from killing the people who are hill sniping again?

Nothing. But death has few/no consequences and an established player or clans can re-gear immediately and be back at it 15 minutes later.

Moreover, the ratio of hill snipers to hill sniper hunters is skewed towards the campers.

The best way I think to STOP senseless killing is a two part method, but simply give reason why not to go it alone and make killing people MORE dangerious in regards to zombies. This wont force people to play a certain way, but balances out why NOT to kill someone aginst why too.

1.) Make creating clans in game legit, give people roles in clan, like farming, doctor, security and such. We have barbed wire fencing we can cut out territories we could set doors, maybe allow people to act as clan security even when not in game, for money, to regulate player created bases.

2.)Whenever blood is spilled zombies are atracted from even further and faster, make it create a zombie frenzy. (This is the best way for a quic fix.)

The best way I think to STOP senseless killing is a two part method, but simply give reason why not to go it alone and make killing people MORE dangerious in regards to zombies. This wont force people to play a certain way, but balances out why NOT to kill someone aginst why too.

1.) Make creating clans in game legit, give people roles in clan, like farming, doctor, security and such. We have barbed wire fencing we can cut out territories we could set doors, maybe allow people to act as clan security even when not in game, for money, to regulate player created bases.

2.)Whenever blood is spilled zombies are atracted from even further and faster, make it create a zombie frenzy. (This is the best way for a quic fix.)

I think the first idea is cool dude, I think these kind of ideas could evolve the game, to the kind of game (IMO) Stalker should've been (Still great game though) Your second idea could work for CQB's but long range engagement, maybe not :) & that's what the guy that started this post in banging on about.

I think the first idea is cool dude, I think these kind of ideas could evolve the game, to the kind of game (IMO) Stalker should've been (Still great game though) Your second idea could work for CQB's but long range engagement, maybe not :) & that's what the guy that started this post in banging on about.

I see the second idea played out in a fashion with the zombies just running around everywhere in the area heading in the direction of the blood, with hieghtend senses so its much harder to just set and hide from the zombies as easily. It wouldn't stop long range engaments but it would make them less safe because the attacker, who shoots the player would have zombies coming in from aroud him toward the blood, unless he is very far away. Granted this doesn't stop the killing all together but it does create a BIGGER RISK for people to attack others.

The point is, no one comes to the forum saying "I was on a server and all anyone did was move from town to town scavenging supplies, this is terrible". Currently, the easiest and least challenging way to play is to sit on a hillside and snipe into well traveled areas. In terms of the long term survival of the standalone version, I think that without a check against this play style, many people will stop playing and the game will die.

I do not think PVP should be prevented.

I do not think that playstyles should have extra benefits or specific penalties (unless some sort of a class or achievement system is added, but this is a different discussion).

I do think that there needs to be a challenge added to the hill sniping / new spawn slaying lifestyle, or else the game will quickly die.

Spot on Abi, have my beans. @ OOdles This indiscriminate, senseless killing has been going on for, well, since the beginning really. The figures show no sign of slowing down & of course we all know of the stand alone coming very soon. Doesn't sound like death to me dude.

I've hill sniped before. I wanted hone my skills, that meant range, elevation, angle, speed of quarry etc. the only way i could do that is to sit on a hill & practice & I wouldn't say it's not a challenge or rewarding. I'm deadly accurate with A DMR & as for a AS50... forget about it.

I won't kid ya though, I had a blast doing it :)

I just came up with the solution I think, and humanity is used.

Example: (Just a starting point for the concept.)

1.) Everyone starts with Axe and 1x beans and 1x sodas.(Helps new players stay into game.)

2.) Your Humanity is over 1500 you CAN IF YOU CHOOSE to start in a group.

3.) Your Humanity is over 2000 with 2x beans and 2x sodas.

4.) Below 1500 you have to start alone.

5.) Below 2000 you start with 0x beans and 0x sodas.

I just came up with the solution I think, and humanity is used.

Example: (Just a starting point for the concept.)

1.) Everyone starts with Axe and 1x beans and 1x sodas.(Helps new players stay into game.)

2.) Your Humanity is over 1500 you CAN IF YOU CHOOSE to start in a group.

3.) Your Humanity is over 2000 with 2x beans and 2x sodas.

4.) Below 1500 you have to start alone.

5.) Below 2000 you start with 0x beans and 0x sodas.

Why should people who play one way be rewarded, while others while other, who are playing the nonlinear game their own style get shafted? The game needs people who do evil! This creates that unknowing tension of travel and interaction with other players, what makes the game so exciting. Also, the cases of solo snipers, I doubt they care if they start alone and I doubt they care if others start with more gear, more for them to loot the next time you get pinged!

• Like 2