VitaminK

Script Restriction #40 ?

Just tried playing today after having been gone a week or two and I keep getting Battleye Kicked for "script restriction #40". I have no idea why this is happening, have latest beta and dayz.

Anyone experience this or know whats up?

Have the same issue. Just started in the last hour for me after the update. Need an official response ASAP. Seems BE is screwing up over and over again.

Battleye rolled out an update earlier today, v1.169. The server I administer constantly receives a failed connection to the main battleye server which I assume causes the new version of battleye to kick the players due to no connectivity. I'm not any more sure of what's going on than you are but I'm just thinking of posibilites.

IMO, it looks like battleye has pushed out an update to combat the hacker issue without first testing it and it's causing us server owners a shitton of grief.

None of this is confirmed I'm just spit-balling...

EDIT: My players are getting kicked for restriction #90.. whatever that is...

Edited by Zer0_Cool

Me and a few buddies are getting kicked for script restriction #39. anyone know what that is?

The issue at hand isn't specific to the restriction, but what's causing the kicks.

I'm looking at my server info and noticing a failure to connect with the main battleye server (The one that oversees global bans, etc).

We'll have to wait for someone "qualified" to answer our questions sadly..

Battleye did an update. Unfortunately it did a false global ban again. They are currently working on fixing it. Should be unbanned shortly, if not already.

Now give me credit, or beans, or a thank you.

• Like 4

yep, im getting the #40 message as well... i love this game so damn much but ive been friend zoned by battleye.. fml.

So what is line 40 in scripts.txt on your server? Does changing that line to report instead of kick resolve it?

Edited by smasht_AU

My friend and myself are also getting the #40 message. Is this a global ban out of no where or wat?

My friend and myself are also getting the #40 message. Is this a global ban out of no where or wat?

Nope, if it were a global ban it would say its a global ban

Yeah I get the Script Restriction #40 as well which is REALLY annoying since I was just about to fix up a veichle with the last part and now someone probably snatch it before I get the chance!!! I did notice that I was able to connect to another server however...not that I really want to

It sounds like servers are kicking for something they shouldn't be, until an updated scripts.txt is released admins will need to change the lines causing kicks on their servers to report instead of kick, at least that was the case when the happened last time.

BIS should move over to an anti-cheat company that isn't 1 man working alone in his mum's attic.

Battleye is just Bastian Suter on his own trying to protect 1 million people against the hordes (and failing).

It's time to call in Punkbuster(s).

BIS should move over to an anti-cheat company that isn't 1 man working alone in his mum's attic.

Battleye is just Bastian Suter on his own trying to protect 1 million people against the hordes (and failing).

It's time to call in Punkbuster(s).

Oh my god you didn't just cite Punkbuster as a good anti cheat did you? Warden or VAC maybe, but PB?

Oh my god you didn't just cite Punkbuster as a good anti cheat did you? Warden or VAC maybe, but PB?

At this point, anything is better than BattlEye. I'm tired of having to troubleshoot issues for hours every time BattlEye fucks up.

Same here, but only on some servers (home server too sadly).

Battleye: :facepalm:

heres what battleye sent me after i emailed them about #40

"Hi,

please ask the server admin to update his server's scripts.txt to the latest official one. There seems to be an incompatibility with this server's current scripts.txt and the latest BE Server version.

Regards,

Bastian Suter"

heres what battleye sent me after i emailed them about #40

"Hi,

please ask the server admin to update his server's scripts.txt to the latest official one. There seems to be an incompatibility with this server's current scripts.txt and the latest BE Server version.

Regards,

Bastian Suter"

where can we get it from

EDIT: I don't think they know anything :/

Edited by LawlessBaron

i need my beans!!!!!

script 40 fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

gotta get our server sorted out...

Look at it this way, most hackers are getting banned now until they update their hacks :)