Legacy (DayZ)

Potential Graphical Artifacting Fixes

Here is your fix. Every time you get the graphical glitch, exit the game, replace the anime files with the current version and get in game again. Somehow the game corrupts them after some time so you have to do it like every 4-5 hours or something, if you wanna play around teh glitchy places.

It KIND OF worked at the beginning, but a couple of minutes into the game you still start to see glitches. Especially from barb wires.

Edit// Usually what works for me is just changing the HDR settings from Normal to High in graphical options. If that doesn't work then restart the game and it works again.

But it's still very annoying as they keep coming back even after you restart the game.

Edited by Rocu

Nvidia people turn off Ambient Occlusion and in game set the memory to default. Try it

Edited by JESUSFOOD
  • Like 1

Here is your fix. Every time you get the graphical glitch, exit the game, replace the anime files with the current version and get in game again. Somehow the game corrupts them after some time so you have to do it like every 4-5 hours or something, if you wanna play around teh glitchy places.

The game does _not_ change anything within the .pbo files, it doesn't edit them or corrupt them. I checked the md5 sum before and after playing, there was no change.

Just restarting the game can be the solution which is working for you it seems.

It KIND OF worked at the beginning, but a couple of minutes into the game you still start to see glitches. Especially from barb wires.

Could you please also tell if you are using a NVIDIA card? As for mostly every ATI user the problem is gone after activating multithreading~

Edited by crckdns

I must sadly say that same thing happened for me. Glitches are back, they are a little different (mostly they are semi-transparent) and not so obtrusive, but solution is not permanent (ATI 4850)

How you wrote this was fucking epic. It actually worked too. Good job.

Remember that I did not write this, it's mainly copied from the reddit post. (Some parts edited, but otherwise just spreading the word.)

I added other fixes that some other users state are working. I've heard of PBO editing but I do not recommend doing this.

This didnt work for me, but a solution that works for me 100% of the time is when i begin to get artifacts i just restart the game, it seems loading in the area fixes it for me, until i move to the next area with glitches and i have to do it again, but it is 100% garaunteed for me XD and it only takes about 15 seconds to do.

Flush also doesnt work.

• Like 2

running Windows 7 x64 on a first gen Core i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 260..

updating the drivers and turning off threading optimization actually worsened the artifacting for me, i now get it in places i didnt get it before, like Kamyshovo..

flushing works randomly, sometimes it works after flushing ~10 times, sometimes not at all..

Edited by e47

running Windows 7 x64 on a first gen Core i7 CPU and Nvidia GTX 260..

updating the drivers and turning off threading optimization actually worsened the artifacting for me, i now get it in places i didnt get it before, like Kamyshovo..

flushing works randomly, sometimes it works after flushing ~10 times, sometimes not at all..

Have you tried the global/general fixes besides flushing?

Im not messing around moving files potentially breaking my game or invalidating it. If they can't fix it they should rewrite the entire game or pass the project over to Ubisoft, its pretty much a Ghost recon 2 clone anyway lol.

This must be one of the most ridiculous statements I ever heard in these forums, seriously. U mad bro?

• Like 1

When i flush NOT looking for the bug, work every time

tanks for my Good english

Vekien's advice work everytime. If you are out of luck with other fixes. I figured that out yesterday. Just quit the game completly and get back in area that is glitching. It should be okay after that.

There is only one way to fix this mess: remove the items, causing the problems, from the map. Bottomline.

Btw: Yesterday I had a lot of graphic issues with wirefencing ... again!

• Like 1

When I performed this fix it did fix the major ones in berez, NW airfield, and bolota. However now I have minor graphical glitches in Chernobyl and elektro, I don't know if it's a direct cause of this fix. And it's not near as bad as before.

ATI Users Found by S128K

Download ATI Tray Tools and install the software. (You may need to restart after you install it.)

Right click the Tray Tools Icon, click on Tweaks and then click on Advanced Tweaks.

In the dropdown menu select Multi Threaded Support, change it to 2 or 4 (Depending on how many cores you have on your CPU)

Make sure the radio box above is ticked, click apply and try to play DayZ and let us know if it worked.

Note: You may get a notification from ATI Tray Tools telling you that you're missing a file called ATILDXXX.dll , you need to get the pre_12.1 or earlier drivers and extract the dll from them. Open the EXE using 7zip (Right click, 7Zip, Open Archive) and look for the folder $_OUTDIR\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\B129753 should be in there The B129753 folder will be named different depending on the version you download.

You will need to put ATILDXXX.dll into the folder what has the ATI Tray Tools executable.

Alternatively you can download it from here: http://www.filedropper.com/atipdlxx_1 Found by S128k & twiklo

So when i select

Multi thread support, it apear

Enable MT support (which i alredy ticked)

Maximum Working Threads:0

Minimum Working Threads:0

I have a intel core duo, so... what i should put in there? .-.

So when i select

Multi thread support, it apear

Enable MT support (which i alredy ticked)

Maximum Working Threads:0

Minimum Working Threads:0

I have a intel core duo, so... what i should put in there? .-.

You put the count of your cores according to your CPU ..the technical data is easy to get with help of google.

Im not touching Tray Tools after my last fiasco with the Tray Tools driver/ATI drivers/ my XFX HD6970 2GB card. Having it installed caused multiple artifacting problems across many games, including all three Mass Effects and Battlefield 3. Any time an explosion occurred i received a burst of pixelated smoke, and the BF3 sun on one map constantly tweaked out. I completely forgot it was installed, and had worked fine with my old 4870, so I actually RMAed the card....and got a brand new one in return, which did the same thing. I then went into Device manager, saw that it was there, and uninstalled.... which fixed my problem.

If anyone else that had a recent model card (6000 or 7000 series)that plays any of the games I mentioned above could check and see if they are having the same problems I described, it would be great. I WANT to fix it, but I don't want to break my computer again. I've tried the PBO editing, and I can say it 100% removes dead body artifacting, but screws up the checksums the server is looking for and most will kick you for it. After failing with the Proxy man object, I tried it with the Dog object.... Still got kicked every 10-20 mins, but here is a picture...

http://i.imgur.com/1dbRE.jpg

All the dead soldiers turned to dogs! Alas, I have reverted back to the original PBO and will probably sit tight until the next patch comes out.

EDIT: Editing YOUR PBOs only changes what YOU see in game, not what other people see. Editing the Dayz.pbo file will NOT cause a BattlEye ban as you are NOT injecting anything into the server, but you are kicked because the checksum generated from the new DAYZ.PBO file is not the same as the checksum the server is looking for. At least, thats my understanding of it all.

Edited by TheLoneRanger
  • Like 1

The suggested ATI tray tools fix on Reddit is not working here, on a Radeon HD 4800 Series. I'm running the latest version of the drivers from AMD. Still getting artifacting from dead bodies. Hopefully this will get cleared up in subsequent patches; I was hoping the 1.7.2.5 was going to fix it. For now I have to stare straight down and hope I don't get shot at...

The fix for ATI has not fixed all artifacting for me, yes I think it is a little less but still an issue.

Most people didn't have the artifacting before this patch so the issue is something with the game, not peoples hardware.

Someone stated turn HDR to Very High and to change video memory to default. Added in as another potential fix.