Sign in to follow this  
sirsan3

Good First Life! And a great game!

I just recently started this game and I would say that my first (actual) life has been fantastic! :D

I started off just running around and getting a feel for the game. I had not previously read any guides so I was just trying to get into the swing of things :P

I ended up dying by falling off a crane in Cherno so I don't count that haha.

Anyways i decided to read up on forums, guides, and I eventually found the DayZ web Map! Once I was feeling good about myself and my skills I thought it was finally time I took on those crazy zombies :P I headed toward Electro (very cautiously) and approached the northern fire station. I spent literally an hour trying to get to as I was soooo nervous that I'd get caught by a zombie! Eventually I made my way inside and found my very first gun! :DDDD Sadly I got to the supermarket, found some awesome stuff, and then glitched back onto the shore without anything :(

I was pretty sad at this point, but I didnt want to give up! I forced my friend to get into DayZ (which he loves now :P) and we met up as two noobs for our journey!

We ended up raiding Electro and finding some sick weapons! Among them i found a backpack, a cz, an M16 and other stuff to survive! He had a kobra Ak and we headed north.

After a long, slow journey, we made it to Stary Sobor and carefully looted the tents :P Then, sadly, again, we BOTH got glitched to the shore

Note:This glitch occurs for me when I join a sever and get stuck at the black loading screen. If i close the game I end up back on the shore with all my items :( Any ideas?

Anyways we eventually made the long trip back, and, to the wonder of my eyes, we found a downed chopper! I made my way through hoards and hoards of zombies to the chopper, and what did I find? The coveted AS50

On my first life I made it this far, so for all those new players out there that find it difficult keep trying! Play smart and grab a comrade and make your way north like me :)

I just had to share this with you guys! Thanks for the great game Rocket! keep it coming!

• Like 2

I am actualy really glad to see a thread like this. Dayz really doesn't get enough appreciation on these forums. All you can see are pathetic complaints about anything u can think off.

• Like 1

The spawning on the shore glitch is when you join an outdated server. make sure you're joining servers on the same patch/beta build as you.

I am actualy really glad to see a thread like this. Dayz really doesn't get enough appreciation on these forums. All you can see are pathetic complaints about anything u can think off.

God forbid you get labelled a "fanboy"!

And it's all well deserved.

God forbid you get labelled a "fanboy"!

Haha, wouldn't that be a thing? Really though, Dayz is a free mod that is still in the alpha phase, we have nothing to complain. Sure! We can and should make threads about bugs and things that happen to us on the mod. But its the negative way most of these threads are created that anoys me. Thats why I'm glad to finaly see a thread like this one. Subtle about the issues he had and giving us a lovely story about why he likes Dayz.

Note:This glitch occurs for me when I join a sever and get stuck at the black loading screen. If i close the game I end up back on the shore with all my items :( Any ideas?

Welcome Survivor :)

You can try to Alt-Tab out of the Loading-Screen (after you have waited 2-5 minutes, without getting anywhere) and use your DayZCommander (i hope you use him?) to login to a server, of which you know it works. Upon the question of "Close other Arma 2" - say NO, until you put a Foot on Chermarus on the working server. Then you can (and should) Alt-Tab again, and close the first instance of Arma 2. That solved my problem, with the Beach-Backwarp.

Happy Hunting!

Edited by Galen Cox

Thanks for your opinions guys and thanks to Galen and Erik for your help :D I really do enjoy this game and its pure fun sandbox/realism element!

For those who aren't enjoying it find a friend :) it makes both the ups AND downs fun regardless haha

Thanks for your opinions guys and thanks to Galen and Erik for your help :D I really do enjoy this game and its pure fun sandbox/realism element!

For those who aren't enjoying it find a friend :) it makes both the ups AND downs fun regardless haha

did he say 'fun'? that's not allowed in dayz!