Sign in to follow this  
ChernoPTA

BattlEye Just Globally Banned everyone on US 2493

The BattlEye 1.169 update went through. Some people got dropped due to failed update attempts.

After updating to BattlEye 1.169 update on a 1.7.2.5/96061 server, everyone that is connecting to the server is getting globally banned within minutes of connecting.

I am the primary admin of the server and other than flagging my Arma2oa exe to make it Large Address Aware I've never hacked or modified a single part of my installation.

Many of the people on my server I happen to know and I know they aren't hacking either, but there were tons of people on the server I didn't know and they all got hit with global bans too.

Everyone I know has sent the requisite support email but I have NEVER seen an entire server get hit with global bans like this ever in my entire experience with DayZ and BattlEye.

Edited by ChernoPTA

Same here ... everyone got global banned on the server i was on after updating to 1.169 ... LU150 ...

Battleeye_LOL

Maybe Battleye is actually just pretending to be cracking down on hackers and instead just bans people at random to make it look like they're doing something.

"Dis survr b full o hax"

-MONSTER

• Like 5

BattlEye is scary. No doubt it will get fixed but they state that if you get banned it's because you did naughty things and they'll never reverse a decision.

If someone gets banned by BattlEye and claims he didn't cheat I'm more inclined to believe the player - even with the rampant cheating going on.

I got the global bad #1233 just now. Restarted my game and I was good to go.

Same here i got banned after the update on another server. US 2579, friends got kicked i got global ban. Sent info to battleeye already.

But i will say this, as fun as Dayz is, I will not purchase it if you use battleeye as your antihack tool. 4 friends of mine now have been hit with global bans for no reason during updates or checks from them (which were removed btw). They are garbage and their customer support takes weeks. PLEASE do not use them.

Ill gladly pay 60 bucks for the game if you use a decent antihack tool that doesnt do random bans on ENTIRE SERVERS.

Edited by HannibalLamb

When will people admit BE is an absolute piece of fucking shit?

Totally incompetent company, this shit should NOT happen, ever.

Unfortunately they will use BE for the standalone, because gaming companies are fickle and don't like change.

Shit, all you need to do is look at BE's website to realise they aren't a professional company.

• Like 1

Business as usual with Battleye. They'll release some retarded statement saying how "Rare" errors like this are, (You know, just like they did last time.) and how sorry they are.

• Like 1

Like i said, ive never even heard of them before dayz. And i will not be purchasing dayz if battleye is involved in anyway. This is just to much of a hassle.

To be fair by banning everyone especially on US servers, you're bound to get a few hackers too.

• Like 1

To be fair by banning everyone especially on US servers, you're bound to get a few hackers too.

Well shit in that case shut down Dayz completely and bam, hacker problem fixed.

• Like 1

What happen to "Battle Eye doesn't false positive" I seem to remember that as the "go to" whenever anyone appealed a ban before.

Guys, if you were banned by mistake, then BE will reverse their decision. Not many people on this forum is complaning and Dayz has far too many players, I didn't get a global ban, neither my friends. Even if some of you could be saying the truth about the "never hacked in my life" thing, others are just lying and deserve this global ban.

Some people use random scripts to get even with the cheaters that screwed with his character, these people are ocassional cheaters, and even if they play legit most of the time, they will get banned, and within reason.

BE is not the best anti-cheat company, and it has made mistakes in the past, but corrected it. They are tying to stop the rampant hacking, so don't start a topic here to complain about something that has nothing to do with Dayz. Rocket stated that they can't ask BE to remove bans, users must do it provided they didn't cheat, ever...

Same as the OP, On FR #00 Me and a friend where driving along at night, Seen that battleeye failed to update thing, Then it came through as updated. Moments later both of us where kicked from the game for Script #40. We got back on after closing down the game, but a few minutes later it happened again.

Im 34 year old and Ive never cheated or hacked a game in my life, People who do want stringing up by their nutsack, Like seriously.

What Im thinking is, yesterday while gearing up at my tent, I heard a car start up right behind me, so I turned and looked, some guy was reversing and shuffling forwards in this blue van. So I thought thats a hacker so I backed out to lobby as it was a blue van id never seen before, and he appeared out of nowhere. I waited for my friend to reach my position and logged back in. I see the van was there and noticed he had ran our tents over along wit the tree it was in but had left the van. My friend said the van is legit. So anyways we left it. Came back on the server later last night and the van was still there and our tents where back somehow.

So we decided to go pick a 3rd friend up at cherno, and drive around looting, The 3rd friend went to be, so we carried on, then we got lost. Stopped at a gas station and thats when we got the kick for script #40. Here is the screenies from finding the van till later that night

2012-08-22_00001.jpg

2012-08-22_00002.jpg

2012-08-22_00003.jpg

2012-08-23_00001.jpg

2012-08-23_00002.jpg

Havent been banned yet, have new version, Havent picked up a hacked item either. Suddenly people running around with hacked gear because 'they didn't script it in' don't seem so fucking smug :D

BE came out with a statement yesterday saying sorry about the ban message, nobody was actually banned from it and we are trying to fix the issue.

I seen that pop up last night on my server.

• Like 1

I don't know much about battle eye but it feels like gabage for stoping hackers. Hackers are crazy right now on all servers and its out of hand.

#1 issue with this game is they can't prevent hackers at all. It's a prety big issue and its why I consider this game like a mom and pop shop game. Still a great game just wish the people that run it could prevent hackers and put a stop to it.

Don't worry. "its only an alpha"

People need to stop saying its only alpha. This game is in a finished state and costs $20-30. They might always bee adding new stuff and fixing bugs but all games do that nowdays.

Same here i got banned after the update on another server. US 2579, friends got kicked i got global ban. Sent info to battleeye already.

But i will say this, as fun as Dayz is, I will not purchase it if you use battleeye as your antihack tool. 4 friends of mine now have been hit with global bans for no reason during updates or checks from them (which were removed btw). They are garbage and their customer support takes weeks. PLEASE do not use them.

Ill gladly pay 60 bucks for the game if you use a decent antihack tool that doesnt do random bans on ENTIRE SERVERS.

Not up to "them" son, Bohemia is already in bed with Battleye. Good luck getting them to go with VAC

Turns out the people who were banned have a "fake hack" that is in fact a CD key stealer, as stated on the BattleEye site:

"Update: False alarm. This is simply caused by a fake hack that is in fact a cd-key stealer. It also overwrites the user's actual cd-key with a banned one resulting in this very ban ID. This news post will be removed shortly as there is no point in mentioning such things. After all it's the cheaters' fault for getting themselves banned like this"

tip for people who don't mind high ping but want to avoid hackers play on a server thats on the opposite side of the world as you i have been doing this haven't even seen a hackers dead body in weeks the only issue is that my ping is around 200+ at all times its manageable tho in US join an SG or austrailian server the people in those are really nice for one and minimal hackers at night time their time

Guys, if you were banned by mistake, then BE will reverse their decision. Not many people on this forum is complaning and Dayz has far too many players, I didn't get a global ban, neither my friends. Even if some of you could be saying the truth about the "never hacked in my life" thing, others are just lying and deserve this global ban.

Some people use random scripts to get even with the cheaters that screwed with his character, these people are ocassional cheaters, and even if they play legit most of the time, they will get banned, and within reason.

BE is not the best anti-cheat company, and it has made mistakes in the past, but corrected it. They are tying to stop the rampant hacking, so don't start a topic here to complain about something that has nothing to do with Dayz. Rocket stated that they can't ask BE to remove bans, users must do it provided they didn't cheat, ever...

Ok mr 9 post. You come here and accuse people to be hackers. Well. Fuck you then because i didn't hack and won't take your triete garbage about being hackers. I just want to enjoy the game like other do, like i once did without being harassed by some douchebag anti-cheat engine.