Sign in to follow this  
OwnexD

Best weapon to go with a sniper rifle?

Hello,

I have got this little problem:

-my team assinged me as a sniper, as50 (day) and DMR (night)

-have complete gear rangefinder,nvg,m9sd and ghillie

the problem is that I have to decide what my backup weapon should be. Like the weapon I am carrying beside the sniper rifle.

So the qestion is:

If you would be in my position what gun would that be and why? (don't mind about weapon and ammo rarity)

Thanks, OwnexD

• Like 1

Well if your team doesn't have a spotter/sniper already I would choose the l85 for the thermal

other than that I would choose a fastfiring gun because zombies will come after you fire the sniper shot. m4sd would be good

M14 for your night runs just because of the ammo share and its a damn powerful weapon.

Day M16 Acog or FN FAL Both good guns and effective at range.

M4 holo easily. Or any LMG. You already have a silenced sidearm. You dont need another one for a primary.

Hmmm, I'm a fan of the M4A3 CCO. It's camouflage skin, accurate red dot sight and flashlight are all great extras to a rifle that can go fully automatic for close range combat, I'm no sniper, so I always carry an M4A3 CCO as my primary, and ammo isn't that rare. It's something you can use in day and night for personal protection.

BE A MAN, TAKE A CROWBAR!

• Like 5

M4 holo easily. Or any LMG. You already have a silenced sidearm. You dont need another one for a primary.

I think he has got a point there. I could get to "my position" silently with my m9sd. Players can hear m4a1 sd 150-200m away anyway. So what assault rifle is best for rirepower and does that weapon beat the mk48?

MK48 would be the way to fly IMO since you have the silenced sidearm for zombie removal duties. 100rds, aimpoint scope, and hard hitting for those fools that try and come from behind you while on overwatch of your team. I do agree with the M14AIM for night duty though since you won't need extra ammo for another primary.

Edited by RVizzle

For Role playing purposes, I would choose the small and, in my opinion, very effective AKs74u. It is way smaller. It is stupid to think that a sniper in a ghillie suit, can carry the AS50, as well as a MK48 mod0. I have a newly acquired M24 (traded my AS50 for it today), and the M249. I am looking for the small AK. I love that combo. Dont care if they are inferior weapons.

• Like 1

Gordon Freeman over here.

Hell yes, Gravity Gun + Crowbar combo = win.

You might need to script for the gravity gun though :(

I think he has got a point there. I could get to "my position" silently with my m9sd. Players can hear m4a1 sd 150-200m away anyway. So what assault rifle is best for rirepower and does that weapon beat the mk48?

m4sd can be heard from like 30-maybe 50 meters and not much beats a mk48 or m240 unless you have an l85 the thermal is great for sniping

So basically m4 sd > m4x, and mk 48 is the best if you can go prone. L85 is solo/no spotter. And m14 and DMR for night. Is that correct. I checked dayzdb and it said m4 sd has efective range of 200. Isn't that a bit to short?

So basically m4 sd > m4x, and mk 48 is the best if you can go prone. L85 is solo/no spotter. And m14 and DMR for night. Is that correct. I checked dayzdb and it said m4 sd has efective range of 200. Isn't that a bit to short?

200m isn't that short for what its used for such as clearing buildings plus if he has a sniper he probably doesnt need something that could shoot over 300m

Sniper + M4 CCO SD or a LWS with a pistol.

Edited by Vipala

Right now I am using a m14aim, m4a3 CC, and m9SD. If I had the option I would probably go with a as50, m14aim, and m9sd. m14aim is one shot knockout(It's a DMR, but with a red dot pretty much), as50 is one shot kill no matter what, so if somebody comes from behind, even if u shoot their foot, they die, and m9sd for zeds.

Go with the L85A2 AWS or M14 AIM. The first for its spotting capabilities (it's very effective at spotting snipers in ghillie suits) and the second one for its stopping power, aimpoint sight and the fact that it shares the same ammo as the DMR.

...No one finds the whole "Gun and ammo rarity makes no difference" to be kind of fishy? I mean...You can't just run out and grab and l85 at will, and no one can come on here and try to say that they can. "Oh, just go camp helicopter spawns, you noob-sauce, lulz." Get out of here with that.

...No one finds the whole "Gun and ammo rarity makes no difference" to be kind of fishy? I mean...You can't just run out and grab and l85 at will, and no one can come on here and try to say that they can. "Oh, just go camp helicopter spawns, you noob-sauce, lulz." Get out of here with that.

You don't have to camp helicrashes. You just go deathmatching in elektro or cherno. Find those snipers that kill noobs.