Sign in to follow this  
jacket13

huge blow to hackers with beta 96061?

It says hackers are now unable to spawn anything on the server, so the disabled spawning of items @ code level in game?

Sauce?

Edited by smasht_AU

ya im getting all kind of spam emails from the hosting companies ive tried. they say its required to update to 96061 that it stops spawning of hacked items. well see what happens.

The 96061 patch notes only go up to 95939, so I dunno where your source is...

Edit: That said, I'd like to know. I'll ask our server host if he knows anything about it.

Edited by Publik
  • Like 1

Yea the patch notes do stop, strange. I have noticed that a lot of servers are updating to this patch, when typically they'll sit on a revision for a while. That's a good sign in itself.

Yea the patch notes do stop, strange. I have noticed that a lot of servers are updating to this patch, when typically they'll sit on a revision for a while. That's a good sign in itself.

It might be that they don't release the last X number of patch changes for security? That's the only reason I can think of.

Edit: We'll still have to deal with godmode and instagib, but it's a start :P

Edited by Publik

These are the patch notes on my Vilayer server:

"This will install all the regular patches on the server and patch the server so hackers can-not spawn items within the server such as vehicles, weapons etc... This has been released early so please use at your own risk however it should make sure server much more secure. YOU WILL NEED TO RE-SAVE YOUR SERVER CONFIGURATION FILE AFTER PATCHING YOUR SERVER."

Edited by twistoff

not sure about the patch notes, but since the latest updates, I've seen a lot less hacking.

Is this a new server patch? I'm 99.9% sure I was on a server yesterday that had 96061 (96063?) with spawned vehicles in it.

Is this a new server patch? I'm 99.9% sure I was on a server yesterday that had 96061 (96063?) with spawned vehicles in it.

It doesn't read like it removes ones already in the game, just prevents people from spawning new ones.

related question:: Has anybody else been seeing the same old patch notes every time they've updated? It seems like I'm getting the same patch notes over and over again.

Some of the features are "new" BUT.. this event logging stuff is not. This is stuff that's been working for 2 weeks now. I spoke with Lee @ Vilayer about this, and he basically told me "This is what Rocket told us to use, so we updated.". Well, I've had event logging going for a while now, so nothing new.

He did tell me that my server now tracks every clients files, and if they don't match the server, they get kicked. Said there was some things going on "behind the scenes" that I didn't know about but as much as I like Lee, I take that with a grain of salt. We'll have to see. One thing I did notice though, is that after the update today, my logging files(createvehicle, remoteexec) are actually OLDER revisions, and I had to update them again to the ones dwarden posted about 2 days ago on the community ban-list website, and I recommend everyone do the same if they see things getting through that were normally kicked for.

For example, after the update today my remoteexec.txt file was 1/3 as big as it used to be, and scanned for that much less as well. I think Rocket set them up to use the original filters that were put out when the event logging feature was released, yet they've been updated several times since then. I could be wrong.

Edited by KField86

My server has been running 96061 for several days and I still had this script last night:

_object = createVehicle ['UH1H_DZ', [2157.23, 2283.43, 0], [], 0, 'CAN_COLLIDE'];

_object setVariable ['ObjectID', 10248.7, true];

dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor, _object];

_uid = _object call dayz_objec"

20.08.2012 16:14:45: Groomp (108.79.25.56:2304) 563b8fb7bf60683dfaa52b62b3d03cb9 - #1 "7.23, 2283.43, 0], [], 0, 'CAN_COLLIDE'];

_uid = _object call dayz_objectUID;

_object setVariable ['ObjectUID', _uid, true];

_object s"

Now I was not in the server to see if there was an actual UH1 flying around but i know at least there was an attempt to create it.

Edited by MadHatter

My server has been running 96061 for several days and I still had this script last night:

_object = createVehicle ['UH1H_DZ', [2157.23, 2283.43, 0], [], 0, 'CAN_COLLIDE'];

_uid = _object call dayz_objec"

20.08.2012 16:14:45: Groomp (108.79.25.56:2304) 563b8fb7bf60683dfaa52b62b3d03cb9 - #1 "7.23, 2283.43, 0], [], 0, 'CAN_COLLIDE'];

_uid = _object call dayz_objectUID;

_object setVariable ['ObjectUID', _uid, true];

_object s"

Now I was not in the server to see if there was an actual UH1 flying around but i know at least there was an attempt to create it.

No, it would of been logged and kicked for. You need to issue a ban for that player if you haven't already as it's clearly scripting.

Edited by KField86

No, it would of been logged and kicked for. You need to issue a ban for that player if you haven't already as it's clearly scripting.

Woah woah woah. Hold on.

A lot of scripts lately are spawning vehicles "through" other players. So you have to be careful with banning.