Sign in to follow this  
Tr1x

Aww Man

Just murdered in cold blood by someone with a makarov. I don't mind being killed, but when your backed up into the corner of a barn grabbing pepsi and your gun is clearly facing down and you lose a 14 day old char, that's when I get a little frustrated.

Sorry, i'm being one of those people that die ingame and head to forums to rage XD

Just bugs me that my killer had no reason to kill me, which REALLY degenerates the realism of the mod.

Degenerates the realism of the mod? What? If you would be one of the few survivors in zombie apocalypse, you can't trust anybody and you're just trying to survive you would KILL people. If you had good stuff that already would be a reason to kill you and even if you didn't he wants to be sure you die before he does in case you want to kill him.

Dying is part of the game deal with it. I have pretty good stuff in game atm and i'm trying to be as sneaky as i can to protect it but if i die then so be it. This is one of the few games that really has death penalty, you don't just respawn like in call of duty you actually have some consequences when you die so if you're a pussy don't play this game.

I feel for you, but I'm the guy who congratulated the person that killed my 10day old character.

I was sitting in the trees scoping out Stary Sobor camp, when I saw someone come in via the grass, I watched him enter a tent and I diligently threw a smoke grenade towards it - to my surprise none of the zombies went for it, I was kinda pissed.

I decided to watch him some more as he moved off to raid the other tents in hiding. Curiosity got the better of me and I moved from my hiding spot to the grass beside the tents, slowly crawling and looking inside each one trying to find my target.

All of a sudden shots hit the dirt beside me; I roll towards the fence but I have already been hit, fearing my prey would come out and also start shooting me, I decide to run straight to the shooter. He was hiding up amongst the trees I had just came from.

Shots ring out around me as a few zeds conga line behind me, I run past my shooter and the zeds give chase to their new target, he had some pretty bad shots and had only hit me the one time.

With the zeds gone I duck behind a tree and start to bandage the wound, knowing I have enough meat to recover from my nearing death, as the animation begins to finish, a lone crawling zombie eats my foot and I die.

Although I lost some good loot, I'm glad I died.

Even though my character was only 10days old, I was beyond paranoid at everything, at least now I have a chance at having some mindless fun on the coast again, getting back-stabbed and the like.

It's a release.

He had every reason to kill you; it's what bandits do, it's their thing.

Yup.

Come the zombie apocalypse everyone reverts to Kohlberg stage 1 if they ever left it in the first place.

Its kinda amusing if you ever consider such things.

What would you have done?

The problem is that they shoot everyone in sight and act like this is a fucking deathmatch.

The problem is that they shoot everyone in sight and act like this is a fucking deathmatch.

This is an incredible, new insight. Please post a thread starting with a long post explicating your position on this.

I would totally shoot a man for what just may be the LAST can of Pepsi I will ever see. I love that stuff. And don't even let me hear that you may have some beef jerky on your person. I'll actively hunt you down for that!

Just murdered in cold blood by someone with a makarov. I don't mind being killed' date=' but when your backed up into the corner of a barn grabbing [b']pepsi and your gun is clearly facing down and you lose a 14 day old char, that's when I get a little frustrated.

Sorry, i'm being one of those people that die ingame and head to forums to rage XD

Just bugs me that my killer had no reason to kill me, which REALLY degenerates the realism of the mod.

Pepsi is a reason to kill you. It's a dog eat dog world.

hmm. Guess you guys are right haha.

hmm. Guess you guys are right haha.

Just when I was expecting a giant wall of text/rage. Tr1x, you're alright. :D

Imagine you are in a real life zombie apocalypse, with limited ammount of supplies (tip: id doesnt magically respawn IRL xD)

Honestly though, if we're talking "realism" here, then what happened to the OP isn't in any way realistic.

Really, if you ever want a "realistic" story about how humans would act and survive in a post-apocalyptic scenario, go read the Pulitzer price-winning book "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy.

When you're running around on your own, the realistic scenario would be to go live in the forest drinking water and butchering cows.

I'm not saying people wouldn't be killing each other, but the ones who would are likely to be cannibals, hunting in packs.

People are talking about being "paranoid" about getting their 10day+ character killed, and that's very realistic.

What isn't realistic is how little attachment people have to their fresh-off-the-beach char, and how people will shoot at you rather than try to evade you.

I've never killed for loot. EVER.

I kill for the pure hunting pleasure, or maybe when i'm having fun watching Elektro through my DMR scope.

Maybe he is one of those guys? Besides, if he shot you with a makarov, then he must me freshly spawned and saw you have some good stuff

I've never killed for loot. EVER.

I kill for the pure hunting pleasure' date=' or maybe when i'm having fun watching Elektro through my DMR scope.

Maybe he is one of those guys? Besides, if he shot you with a makarov, then he must me freshly spawned and saw you have some good stuff

[/quote']

See, while I don't wanna be picking a fight, that's the one thing I really dislike.

I'm of the mindset that this thing should be as "sim-like" as possible, and so I don't mind people killing me for my stuff.

What does bug me, though, is people who kill me and then just move on. Not bothering to loot me, or anything.

I mean, if you kill me in panic from ten meters away, and don't know if I have friends nearby, I can understand how people'd just wanna get out of the area, but shooting me from 500 meters, just for sport?

That bugs me, honestly.

A player death is nothing like spilt milk, it's ok to cry.

Certainly agreed that we hit the "realistic" barrier in a LOT of places in this mod.

Murderous nature is definitely one of those places. The naïve like to tell us that "killing will be the way" if society disintegrates. I disagree. It will occur, but on a small scale.

There is no psychological reality to murder here, and no accountability, so killing in this case is NOT a semblance of reality.

I just killed a guy today who was sniping in Cherno. Got up above him and shot him with half a mag of AKM. I said "You know you're fucking scum, you know that? Sniping newbies in Cherno. Pathetic."

I then hid his body without even taking the DMR.

The only thing I took from him? An AKM mag and a can of beans.

Why did you leave the DMR? Just because it is the token noob-slayer doesn't mean it's any less effective against bandits. I find DMR ammo absolutely everywhere, each with 20 rounds in it. Much better then the AKM, if you have the right sidearm.