blurg

How do I create a female character?

So I want to play a female character (because I'm a female). Just started playing and I automatically spawned as a dude. What do I do now if I want to play as a female?

die and then when you join in again it should ask you.

tho be warned they are a bit bugged, they cant wear guilie suits etc atm

At the spawing screen, just after logging into the lobby of a server and then into the actualy world, you will have an option where it says either Choose gender : Male | Female

If you didnt get that, then im affraid you have to die so you will get the option to choose that on you next login :)

and though it may seem like u want to be a woman in game but you dont, they lack bandit skins, hero skins, cant wear cammies or ghillies and their clothing sticks out like a sore thumb

Edited by Acix

on the bright side, some people seem to be less incline to shoot women.....go figure.

Thanks guys!

Acix: huh? wow are you for real. What a sexist headcase.

Tweakie: yeah no that's not why I want to play a female at all. It gets boring being called a "faggot" in games when I play as a male and it doesn't even apply to me, may as well call me a bitch!

Thanks guys!

Maybe but at least I can read the Character creation screen and not make a post in the forums asking how to do the first thing in the game

Maybe but at least I can read the Character creation screen and not make a post in the forums asking how to do the first thing in the game

I believe she was referring to the fact that the female model doesn't have the same access to skins and such, not you. Sensitive much?

Come on. That's uncalled for, towards anyone.

If it's a new player, who knows that there is a choice, but doesn't get it because of a bug when playing the game, of course they will come asking for help.

Actually it's not a case of sexism.

There's simply something bugged about the female player model, and changing it doesn't work for some reason.

Dancing.Russian.Man, Acix edited their post - previously I got the impression they implied that I was a male enacting transsexual fantasies by playing a female, like I wouldn't just play a female for the sake of it.

Acix: Obviously you can't read that I spawned as a male the instant I joined the game, not presented with any choice. Way to sikh burn yaself m8

That don't change the fact that this problem Isn't getting solved and thats just sad i would like to play as "me" not as a Queer.

But the fact that it takes weeks for solving a problem like Graficial Artifacts tell me this will be solved in the stand alone IF it get fixed anyway

you know.... internet is a place where men are men, woman are men, kids are gangster,s and dorks are models. BUT if there is a error in the matrix a real woman can appear!!!

That don't change the fact that this problem Isn't getting solved and thats just sad i would like to play as "me" not as a Queer.

But the fact that it takes weeks for solving a problem like Graficial Artifacts tell me this will be solved in the stand alone IF it get fixed anyway

Playing as your opposite gender doesn't make you a queer.

You have to keep in mind that the DayZ devs have to deal with a broken code for.. everything, when modding something this vast on ARMA 2.

When they seemingly fix one thing, it most likely glitched something else, and it's not their fault.

When DayZ goes standalone, they'll be making everything from scratch. And that way everything is more optimized for their code, and they can fix problems such as artifacts much more faster.

Edit;(Assuming that there are even going to be any.)

I don't get why people see problems in the DayZ mod, and instantly lose faith in the standalone, forgetting the fact that Rocket and his team never created any of the assets in DayZ, besides some textures, which cannot glitch out like this. And I guess the crossbow and Double-Barrel Shotgun.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

First I would like to say, I found a way you can add female characters to Dayz. Of course you need Arma 2 in order to play Dayz, there is a link where you can install female soliders. (I will post on the bottom). There will be a .txt file explaining how to put the files into Arma 2. Now let me remind you, these Female Soliders will only appear if your on multiplayer or Lan(if anyone can figure out how to do it for single player, that would be cool). If you still don't understand how to put the files in, I'm sure you can youtube or google it. Now it worked for me, Hope this helps and I hope it works for you.

Second, I would like to add to this pointless sexiest dispute, I am a Women, and I love to play gory games, and other games beyond that. Men (not all men, just the ones thinking this) need to stop thinking and being surprised that women are playing these kind of games, we are out there and we do exist. I have come accross alot of sextist men that think we women can't play at all, and let me asure you, I put them in there place real quick. So please men, don't bash us when we want to play a female character, and yes I have also been called a queer and other names because I played a male character. Trust me, I am far from queer lol.(not saying I have anything against them, I don't).

But like I said above, I hope this helps and here is the link, go to the bottom of the page and download the .rar file. Have fun B)

http://www.armaholic...ge.php?id=12248

@ BloodQueen.

You have posted in a Topic that is nearly a year old, however I assume you used the Search Function or Google to find this Topic, for that I doff my hat to you.

Concerning "this pointless sexiest dispute" we really do make an effort to limit anything of the kind and have applied the rules on serveral occasions in the past, so I really do not see why you feel the need to reintroduce the dispute in a Topic that has died a death, as they say.

For your information we have a moderator who is a,,,,girl,,, ah !

If you play on a Public Hive it is possible to choose a female as your personage, this does not work in a Private Hive server build, or so I believe.

Correct me if I'm incorrect.

To get the addon to work in single player (not DayZ) you would have to add or load the required pbo's to an exsiting mission file and then edit the mission with the female pbo's loaded and select or add the character(s) as you wish and then repack the mission file and as a SP save.

Or make your own mission in the editor.

That is the basic theory and has worked for me several times in the past, not with girly soldiers but with burly man like and stalker models.

Here is a link to the original topic, just in case you have not seen it already...

http://forums.bistud...l=1#post1761270

Thats enough of me trying to be a gentleman !

Locked.

• Like 1

Not locked.

It is now! ;D

• Like 2