Kylez

Don't tell me to "Chill"

Bandit skin = kos

See another survivor, watch them to determine if they are a threat or not.

Defending gear, camp, vehicles = kos

Kill because they have better gear .... never (unless they are bandit)

Do you look for the hero skin at all? I have one now and would like to think it will actually do something but yeah, bandits are definitely KOS (and highly satisfying as well)

I'll only shoot bandit skins on sight, if they're at range i'll scope them out first to see if they have backup. The annoying thing is the skins you find in game, how do i tell if a player in one of those is bandit or not. I've dumped my ghillie now so ppl know i'm a hero. it's so flawed. Even today a yank ghillie guy appeared in the west elektro firestation cos i was killing zeds and he said friendly, then 2mins later shot me. I mean, i'm in elecktro, would i be here with anything of worth? Your the guy in the ghillie with a massive sniper rifle. Seriously, wake up to yourselves ppl. Not mad just mystified.

You cannot play this game solo and be successful.

I try not to use this line, not because I don't want to sound mainstream, but because I think it sounds stupid, but in this case, I believe it is entirely appropriate. If you cannot play solo and be successful, then I'm sorry sir, but you are doing it wrong.

I've begun looking for contact now, because with a 31 day life under my belt, the challenge of 'surviving' has been met and beat, and now I want to see what other fun things I can do.

I don't shoot anyone on sight. Ive been playing for over a month and Ive only met one person who hasn't tried to kill me as soon as they see me, despite the fact that I act in no way aggressive to them. I think the game could be alot more enjoyable if it wasn't an instant KOS so I don't do it. People wonder why "combat disconnects" happen so much. Its because they didn't want to fight in the first place.

• Like 1

I'll only shoot bandit skins on sight, if they're at range i'll scope them out first to see if they have backup. The annoying thing is the skins you find in game, how do i tell if a player in one of those is bandit or not. I've dumped my ghillie now so ppl know i'm a hero. it's so flawed. Even today a yank ghillie guy appeared in the west elektro firestation cos i was killing zeds and he said friendly, then 2mins later shot me. I mean, i'm in elecktro, would i be here with anything of worth? Your the guy in the ghillie with a massive sniper rifle. Seriously, wake up to yourselves ppl. Not mad just mystified.

Sucks man but I shoot anyone in Elektro, Cherno, NWAF, or near crash sites. Those are pvp areas and you're not likely to ever meet anyone there that is actually friendly. In the wild, that's different.

I also always let my new "friendlies" take point. I also ask them to lower their weapon. If they don't then I don't keep my sights off them. If they don't know how then I don't want to play with them anyway.

So What i'm getting at is if you don't try and allow people a chance to life and be trusted you won't get any good game mates to play with and your experiences will be less.

Oh just to let you know it's a 1/10 chance that a this will happens.

High risk/high reward, exactly like when you go looting an airfield. Too bad that the vast majority of players just follow the stupid KOS rule to save their rifle and 3 cans of beans.

Also, I think teaming up with a random survivor and eventually making a buddy you can play with later is more "successful" than storing guns in tents and killing fresh spawns just because you think you've reached the "endgame".

As I play DayZ as a stealth-em-up, I usually avoid and ignore other players. If it was an easy kill on a towel-head I would probably shoot him in the back though. Anyone else I would leave alone if they hadn't seen me.

Edited by PoisonedAl

if a player hysterically yells at me something like "friendlyfriendlyfriendlyahhhhhehlpohgodnoo!" i will instantly shoot them. so annyoing...

I don't trust anyone, but I offer my help anyway.

If I'm up north and the guy is well equipped I will usually ignore him if I can, or sneak up to him and tell him to freeze and drop his weapons.....usually they just zig zag in an attempt to run away unharmed, despite the fact that I'm about 10 meters away from them with an automatic weapon.

Depends if I feel like being one of the herd, I kill them.

Although I did tend to shoot at any prepubescent voice I hear in game.