Roov

Thinking of playing Day Z, having reservations

I've always been fascinated by the idea of a post-apocalyptic zombie MMO. With that in mind I'm sorely tempted to buy Arma 2 just to try out Day Z. However, from what I've read in threads, the game is so inundated with hackers and cheaters that it'd just be a waste of my time.

Thought I'd ask the community before making a decision. Is it worth it for me to buy and play Day Z or have I missed the boat and should just wait for the standalone?

Depends on how much you need a zombie fix + your financial situation. The standalone should be out in about 3 months and will be cheaper than bying arma2 CO.

• Like 1

This game rocks as is ... if your not playing Alpha, your pretty much F**king yourself .. right in the ole brown eye ...

• Like 1

Why not just get the free verson first? check it out...if you like then get the full version...

With free you only get low res though so if graphics is important then dont bother...

As a game its epic! I have never had so much fun playing a game, neither had my heart pumping so hard after fire fights with other players... its a unique gaming experience and worth it in my opinion...

Look past the Hackers and the general mis-trust you can make this a story to be remembered...also play with RL friends...much more fun :)

AJ

Wait for standalone, I don't want to have to read another thread about how someone wasted their money on something they can't enjoy because of scripting.

Yer the hackers are the only thing ruining my Dayz experience

However I still carnt stop playing it, Ive been gaming since I was a kid, Im 34 now. Ive also just started PC gaming coming from consoles. When I first played Dayz I got an experience unlike any other, In 20+ years Ive never played a game like it, Its amazing, Terrifying, Ruthless and brutal, but in some weird way it has you on the edge of your seat, heart racing. Ive only been playing it a month, Ive had dreams about it, My xbox hasnt been touched since. I simply carnt get enough.

After you learn how to play the game and what it takes to get what you need and survive for a while, and like myself and so many other players, If you get hacked, it will frustrate you and you will hate the game for 5 minutes. But youl be back. But its upto you really, do you want to play it enough right now, or can you wait 3-6 month for a standalone ? That is the question ;)

Yeah I'd say there are hackers here n there. You usually go on streaks without engaging a hacker as I have for over a week now. Like everything in DayZ, it's very random. If I was a friend of myself, I'd say buy it for sure! If you can wait though, I'd say wait for the stand alone version as you'll have to pay for DayZ again if you really like it. Not that the mod won't be around still, but it will be way more worth it to buy the stand alone version as there will be better anti-hack systems and more updates + less bugs all in all. I can't guarantee any of that, but wouldn't doubt it. I couldn't wait for Arma II to come out for the next DayZ with that engine n' all, so I bought Arma II. Depending on how long it takes for Arma III to come out after the stand alone version of DayZ, I might just wait for Arma III to come out to play DayZ on there. Unless a DayZ mod for A3 will come out long after A3 does...

I think you just missed the sale for Arma II n' Arrowhead expansion, so maybe wait for another sale?

I haven't gotten hacked in a while, and the times I did was from when I didn't cover up my stream on Twitch or actually showed my server and asked for a hacker to come kill me (again, streaming)

Give it a try. I did and i do not regret it.

Game is awesome i played it for 14hours already.

I had many interesting encounters and couple less interesting ones (damn snipers, where are you shooting from?!).

Also game is much more fun when you play with friend.

And i mean real friend who wont be mad when you smoke him out with grenade because he took your beanz.

Is it worth waiting for standalone? Well to be honest i think not.

Hop in alpha and get into standalone as veteran not newbie.

This game have very nice system ''easy to learn hard to master'' and it reward smart and patient players.

Guy who is not patient and does not move in cover will be blasted by bandits.

Guy who is patient will avoid encounter or even shoot that bandit in back when he move to another position.

It is a sandbox so everything is...um.... well in ''your mind''.

If you like doing scenarios for yourself then you will have lots of fun.

About hackers - i have not seen one. And if i do i will just server jump. There are more than 4k+ servers available for me in DayZ Commader.

Sorry for my bad english.

I hope i could help.

-T

Hacking is rampant... just logged into three different servers and all three had hackers in it. One hacker had a sense of humor though... everywhere I went he trailed a forest (INFERNO!) fire right behind me. So there I was in my ghillie suit with no weapons (Thanks Hacker from the previous server!) running into the city and then next thing I know the entire sky lights up red behind me. As I move along the all consuming fire follows me right into the city... ROFL!

Burn City BURN!

First game I've played that makes you feel nervous playing, makes you think about killing, that keeps you from sleeping because of the adrenaline of a good run in Cherno.

It's a no brainer if you ask me :)

Dude if your worried about the hackers it might be best for u to come back a little later when the standalone releases