unyq

Can i ban for "alt+f4-ing" ?

So some buddys and me were sniping in cherno and saw a guy who logged in multiple times, walks 2-3 meters - we shot at him, then he instantly disappears.

Can i ban hin on my server for beiings such a douchbag?

Officially? No... Would that stop me from doing so anywayz? Nope...

Edited by Hakultair

You pay for the server so its your rules, kick his ass seabass!

That's not how it works on DayZ unfortunately.

• Like 1

That's not how it works on DayZ unfortunately.

Shamefully, the world doesn't stick to rules. I'd like to see an alt-f4er complain/appeal about a ban on here... lolz would be ensured

While you are not supposed to ban for alt-f4ing what you can do is gather evidence preferably video but screenies can also do and pass it along with the log files to the dev team and they will ban them if they confirm your findings.

Or alternativly as its your server you could just ban the cheating asshole and wait to be told to unban him if it ever happens :D

In the past there have been servers blacklisted for banning without proper evidence but I haven't heard of such a case in like 2 months. And I openly admit to doing it and have yet to be blacklisted so... :P

I also ban for alt+f4. It's stated in my MOTD and I make a global about it once every few hours.

They are more than welcome to come to the forums and cry about it if they please.

well, personally im not 100% sure, but what i am sure of is that in one of the recent patches in the changelog it stated "Fixed: Alt+4 game crash"

Make of it what you will but they seemed to fix a bug that caused the game to crash when alt 4ing, go figure! lol

personally i reckon anyone doing this should be given a permanent glowing/flashing care-bear skin!

Edited by SASR

So some buddys and me were sniping in cherno and saw a guy who logged in multiple times, walks 2-3 meters - we shot at him, then he instantly disappears.

Can i ban hin on my server for beiings such a douchbag?

I use the rcon tool and issue 3 days bans for the 1st offense and 7 day bans if I catch them doing it again. If they still continue to play on my server after that point and do it, well then I think they'd earn a straight up ban.

I've had a handful earn a 3 day ban, and only one that's earned a 7 day ban. That player still plays on my server and I've never heard of a combat logger complain about getting banned for it. My bans also state something like "3 Day: Battle Logging" which is the message they get when they try to join and it tells them they've been banned.

• Like 1

Seems to me no one really gives a fat rats crack about the state of the game anyway. Kick and ban his ass. They are just as bad as hackers. Seems if you can hit someone with one shot these days...their gone :(