Sign in to follow this  
AllMightyKnox

I have Had Enough Of This

Not currently playing, good way to manage a game hu. Not really bother on patching the few hacks that there is. All it takes is a lock on script so people can't edit there own and edit there game by adding weapons/suits/hacks etc. How hard is it?

Really? Well Mr. Expert why don't you write that up and submit it? Oh yeah that's right you are talking out your ass! (prove me wrong and fix it)

• Like 1

Really? I seen Helicopters explode before when they crash, Well seen other peoples.

VERY rarely, if you're the pilot, you'll survive. In either case, you'll be almost dead, but you're alive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZCZZz4Fjh8

Or this: the pilot and another guy survive. They are on top of the firestation before it fell.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

Really? Well Mr. Expert why don't you write that up and submit it? Oh yeah that's right you are talking out your ass! (prove me wrong and fix it)

I would be more then happy if Rocket contacted me. I'm just saying it shouldn't be that hard to hire someone with exp on that to fix it.

>Engine taken out by a .50

>EJECT EJECT

>You eject and die

Deserved it.

Same thing has happened to me before at a much higher height and I've still landed and dealt with the snipers.

I agree, I've pretty much stopped playing at the moment. Waiting for the standalone, or atleast the waiting until the hackers to go find something else to do.

I agree, I've pretty much stopped playing at the moment. Waiting for the standalone, or atleast the waiting until the hackers to go find something else to do.

Same here man, I actually just got a private message right now on the forums by someone on the Forum Team inviting me to a private server w/ password.

If you want i can ask them if they can invite you?

Rocket, Can actually do something about this and have this all fixed, but his to busy trying to finish the standalone.

He should just hire a team of people to fix the hacker issue on alpha right now before more players start to quit and have

no interest in this game. I'm already seeing a drop on how many servers are actually "UP"

Why even make a game alpha if you ain't going to care/fix/patch what hackers do? Seriously

Facepalm. So you still don't understand the concept of an alpha or the problems with it being connected to arma? Read an interview with the creator and you will understand the reason it can't be fixed until standalone and that even he admits the mod is broken. It is a free alpha so there is no reason he should drop work on the standalone to fix a tester alpha that could end up breaking the actual game you purchased.

What part of "nothing can be done" did you not understand? It wasn't an exaggeration; Arma's

most basic code is built to allow scripting. You literally cannot change that without making sweeping changes to the game's most fundamental pieces. Since this is a mod, that is dumb. Since this was a mod originally made to be played by a small subset of the Arma community, who certainly would want to play the base game normally as well, the idea is doubly dumb. The fact that dayz makes vanilla Arma a bitch to get working again is already scandalous.

If I see one more suggestion that Rocket should/has to/chose not to do something the hacking I'm going to scream. Completely in-effectively since this is the fucking Internet, but for fuck's sake, I hate seeing someone create something wonderful and be met with nothing but bitching and uneducated criticism.

Unfortunately all we can do is wait for the developers to implement an anti-hack system that doesn't suck dick

It's not the fault of Battleye, It's the RV engine thats designed to be moddable and scriptable, built on trust of a MATURE and OLDER community before the DayZ toddlers came along

• Like 1

Better fix this game fast, Before a wave of people not caring about this game starts...trust

I think you're pretentious, and if you're on a break from DayZ then please, just gtfo. The forums will have one less exploiter running rampant posting videos glorifying their exploits. (Yeah, yeah, "I'm not! I'm not!"...save it.)

• Like 1

I think people really need to understand that DayZ is not a finished product. It's as if a lot of people bought Arma2:CO as if they felt like they were buying DayZ and expecting a pristine experience. But that's just not how games (and pretty much ANY software) ever really gets made.

DayZ was intended to be a small experiment built within the closely-knit Arma community. It was a mod that wanted to do something interesting. I'm pretty confident Rocket's goal wasn't to change the freaking world the way DayZ kinda has, it was to make something he thought the Arma community would like as a Mod of the Arma engine. A mod that even before it got popular was nowhere near finished. It's still nowhere near finished, but it had that magical combination that worked for over a million people.

And why is it nowhere near finished? Because of the sheer numbers of players that are playing the mod. Rocket's time is spent putting out fires for a mod that was intended for 100, 200 players tops. All his development time is currently spent just making sure that the mod is stable enough for the huge demand that has been put on it. So that WE can all play it, even if it's not perfect.

If you read all of Rocket's interviews since DayZ exploded, you can tell he's exhausted. He's working as hard as he can to just keep the mod working for the million+ players who want to play it. And with an alpha-testing group that big for an unfinished mod, is it any wonder there are problems? Is it any wonder that the players/alpha testers (because we need to remember that's what we are) have found problems Rocket probably never dreamed of? Is it any wonder there are bugs? Is it any wonder that the code is still choppy and has holes for exploits and hacking in it?

Of course it's imperfect. It's UNFINISHED.

This is what every videogame and every piece of software looks like at this stage in development. If you don't understand that, then now you can learn. If you DO understand that and still whine about the imperfections of a MOD that's still being developed, you're either willfully oblivious, a troll, or a self-entitled soul in need of maturity and soul searching.

One last thing that has been pointed out numerous times: Rocket knows about the hacking. He knows, alright? And he wants to fix it. But it's kind of a big problem. A problem that would likely create new bugs as it fixes old ones (because that is how all game development works!). And it is his first priority for the standalone, which is the only real place he can combat the hacking problem.

Cut Rocket some slack. He deserves it. He made a mod that is fun to play even in its broken, imperfect Alpha stage. Not many game developers can claim that.

• Like 3

It's not the fault of Battleye, It's the RV engine thats designed to be moddable and scriptable, built on trust of a MATURE and OLDER community before the DayZ toddlers came along

^ this

Same here man, I actually just got a private message right now on the forums by someone on the Forum Team inviting me to a private server w/ password.

If you want i can ask them if they can invite you?

^ I and a group of friends are desperately looking for a private hive, passworded server to join so we can enjoy DayZ again. I'm flirting with the idea of building my own but not sure I have the resources.

Play on ZA servers, hasn't been a hacker on in 2 weeks and on the MWEB server the community is pointing out the hackers for ban.

I was normally going to make this post on on "Gallery" but i wanted to make my message loud and clear. I will no longer

be playing DayZ at the moment. Honestly i been playing all day today, in about 15 servers. All the servers me and my 2 friends

have joined are w/ hackers. We recently played in our last server "15" and played for about 4hours straight, trying to meet up and go find weapons / helicopters / ETC. We ran threw the forest for over 40min making our way to the airfield, We had alot of goodies honestly. Non hacked. All the normal stuff. We were kind of happy knowing we were in a good server for that amount of time and not having to deal w/ hackers. So after playing for so long in this server we found a helicopter and started to fly around and my friend (pilot) seen a few players in a little town. Me and my other friend being gunners wanted to shoot the whole place up. We did, Little did we know we just encountered some..Hackers....I might be raging right now but i think you would to knowing you got killed by hackers and most likely took your helicopter...Check this out, but whatever, I won't be playing for a while. These hackers are out of control and it seems like nobody is doing anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHgddhZCFHQ

Of corse things are being done about it, although a problem as deep as this wont change over night

It wont be fixed until Standalone release. So calm your tits and be patient.

dude why the hell did u link me that video, what i posted has NOTHING to do with what you sent me. I dont mean to be rude, but my post is about me fixing a chopper to full green getting it somewhere safe and then saving it and the server restarting 1-2hours later and regardless it spawns back broken in its original location not the one i saved it in. So i really dont know why you posted that on my 8 hours wasted post. Yes theres other problems with the choppers, i gathered that. But this is not the issue i want to discuss. Its the server communication to the hive (MS>PING>SENDING PACKETS) and or server admins restarting and locking servers (IE breaking rules) so thanks for the reply but this is totally off-topic. I had to reply here because my forum post got locked.

Then again if your pilot did get kicked by battleye (and u suspect it was a server admin abusing their power), then i apologise and your definately on topic. u can follow/reply to my new thread below

http://dayzmod.com/f...eduled-restart/

I will start to make a video about my experiences and the hours wasted on this subject, but im sure u can understand, right now i dont have the patience to watch all of the footage and then edit it all down so its something someone will even watch, I mean theres about 8 hours of video on my hard disks alone, both 500gb and both full to the top. But i really cant be bothered to edit it right now but please watch my page so we can make this issue more aware to people.

Because honestly people trying to fix and save a heli atm is almost impossible without full control of your OWN server. (ie corrupt admins booting people for jealousy)

Its sad but true, I hope u follow my post bro, I will get to the video.. gonna be some awesome video and some VERY embaressed admins / programmers / developers. Cuz the shit that happened to me, is just stupid.

(and no i didnt get shot down or anything like that, all server admin abuse and or bugs in the game)

Edited by evil.piggeh

^ What in the world are you talking about? LOL!! & my friend didn't get kicked. My friend survived.