binaryman010011

How long before a load screen is deemed infinite?

Not sure if this is the right section or not, but how long can a load screen take before you deem it to be an "infinite" load screen and do a ctrl+alt+del?

Thanks!

not to sure i know of it taking some time iv had it take 10 mins at most :)

^ What Bezerker said. Some servers load real fast for me, and some just take ages.

Edited by Scott Pilgrim

On a high pop servers I have waited upwards of 15 minutes on the dreaded LOADING.. thats the truth!

I have time to make a coffee, have me a cigarette and get comfortable ready for the fight for survival.

I think the longest Ive had to wait is about 4-5 minutes... it always seems to connect and load up perfeclty juuuuuuust as Im reaching for the ctrl-alt-del keys, its like the computer KNOWS its wore my patience out.

the tricks ive learned to get it to not wait forever is to make sure you scan for servers matching the exact versions of your files including Dayz and Arma..

then sort by ping, and discard anything over 150 (normaly ive not join anything over 70).

then when i fire up the game it seems to go past each section of load screen quickly.. usualy in game within 2 mins.

if i get past the connect screen and i get no further update screen, other then loading, i'll usualy end program after no more then 2 mins, and try another server.

i dont know how you guys have the patience to wait 10-15mins, yikes

Start task manager and watch the memory increase for arma2.exe if it dead stops, it's not loading if its gradually increasing then :D

A good indicator as well is, if you have friends already on the server and they see the message: Kicking "player name", client lost connection. That means that you will be stuck on the loading screen.

Not sure if this is the right section or not, but how long can a load screen take before you deem it to be an "infinite" load screen and do a ctrl+alt+del?

Thanks!

I run Bandicam, which shows you the FPS (Frames per second) in the top left corner by default..whenever the FPS spikes to 200-999 FPS I know that the server will never finish loading.

it all depends on your memory/processor.. some full servers (40 people plus) can take 2-5 min for me.

Easiest way to detect an infinet loading screen is if you have fraps or something, once your frame rate goes higher then usual on loading (100-150 for me) it means that your stuck. Also if you have a friend in the server you can ask him over TS or something if he can still see you in the player list, if your there your good and of not well you know what that means :P

Most likely infinite after some minutes. But what I was about to say is, whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT! exit the game in the middle of a loading screen. It will, guaranteed, teleport you to the coast, most of the time with your gear. What you can do is to minimize the game and start another .exe of it, and join another server to see if it works that way. If, and when you get in on another server, then you can exit the other .exe which was stuck at the loading screen. This have worked perfectly fine for me every time I stuck myself loading, but be careful tho, cause I've heard of some people being banned from servers for server hopping.

Most likely infinite after some minutes. But what I was about to say is, whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT! exit the game in the middle of a loading screen. It will, guaranteed, teleport you to the coast, most of the time with your gear. What you can do is to minimize the game and start another .exe of it, and join another server to see if it works that way. If, and when you get in on another server, then you can exit the other .exe which was stuck at the loading screen. This have worked perfectly fine for me every time I stuck myself loading, but be careful tho, cause I've heard of some people being banned from servers for server hopping.

I drop from loading screens all the time and have never had that happen.

Coast spawning happens to me every time I kill the programme due to long loading screens. I find the best way is to keep all my version up to date and keep a list of favourite (via DayZ Commander) servers which I know don't cause much of a problem.

I have also heard that you won't coast spawn if you wait more than 15 mins after Ctrl-Alt-Del (less than 15 mins on a server constituting 'server-hopping') but I haven't verified this.