Sign in to follow this  
Yammazul

EU 40 - "faggot"

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/26/ccp-investigates-player-panel-amidst-controversy/

Dude does something that could probably be fancy_book_learned into a legal issue

End result ...

Gets a slap on the wrist ... Still runs the game ... CCP banks on all the press ... 3 months later no one gives a shit.

And please show me in the evidence provided where it clearly states the context in which he used that word ... all I see is the kick and the word ... then please show me how this is cheating or abuse of power. You don't know why he was kicked' date=' you just want to create drama. Which is all you have left ... one word ... Faggot. If you ask a stupid question, you will quite possibly get a stupid answer...

[/quote']

No one plays eve Faggot.

Well im done, I cant believe I got drawn into trying to politely and logically explain why its not ok, people cant change over night and you and your admin friends clearly lack the maturity to discuss this like adults (dispite the fact your profiles report you all being over 20, one of you is in his 30's....). I am not trying to get your server blacklisted or anything malicious like that, however would be nice is a staff member could talk to you about your poor conduct and explain how your breaking the rules of server hosting. You dont seem to realise your potentially insulting and ruining the experience of other community members. You need to treat other people with a little more respect than you currently do, you might think its cool to act this way on the Internet but irl its going to get you no where, people will just think your dicks :-/

"BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

If you have any questions, then please post in this thread, or email me; dayzmatt@gmail.com"

Maybe i'll pop on EU 40 in the future and see if things have improved, good luck!

Well im done' date=' I cant believe I got drawn into trying to politely and logically explain why its not ok, people cant change over night and you and your admin friends clearly lack the maturity to discuss this like adults (dispite the fact your profiles report you all being over 20, one of you is in his 30's....). I am not trying to get your server blacklisted or anything malicious like that, however would be nice is a staff member could talk to you about your poor conduct and explain how your breaking the rules of server hosting. You dont seem to realise your potentially insulting and ruining the experience of other community members. You need to treat other people with a little more respect than you currently do, you might think its cool to act this way on the Internet but irl its going to get you no where, people will just think your dicks :-/[/quote']

I was going to seriously reply...

...but,

37w7

If you can't handle the language or find it immature or simply lack a sense of humor find another server to play in.

Considering that Rocket said himself that one of the only 2 reasons you may kick or ban someone from your server is malicious language, it's safe to say that he regards malicious language as unacceptable.

So to put it in the reason for the kick, is a.) immature because it just isn't needed, you can ban someone without having to make a point of being a tosser about it, and b.) against what Rocket has outlined as acceptable.

Seriously, you can stop the meta trolling.

I was also a Soldier , a Cop, a father, a husband, a student, a teacher, a rolemodel, and a cook a Buffalos.... I don't play them on TV though.

To be quite honest, fallout was threatening to kill us all and sell our children to chinese gold farmers. He also called us all white trailer trash methheads that rape women with snorkels and a pair of vice grips on Teamspeak. I can provide those logs but Dregek already has them.

If you can't handle the language or find it immature or simply lack a sense of humor find another server to play in.

Considering that Rocket said himself that one of the only 2 reasons you may kick or ban someone from your server is malicious language' date=' it's safe to say that he regards malicious language as unacceptable.

So to put it in the reason for the kick, is a.) immature because it just isn't needed, you can ban someone without having to make a point of being a tosser about it, and b.) against what Rocket has outlined as acceptable.

[/quote']

As it was a joke it is by definition not malicious language so what the fuck ever m8.

Considering that Rocket said himself that one of the only 2 reasons you may kick or ban someone from your server is malicious language' date=' it's safe to say that he regards malicious language as unacceptable.

[/quote']

I think you are misreading what Rocket said. It is allowed to kick or ban someone from your server for malicious language. That does not mean you are required to ban/kick them from your server, it just means that you have the option to if you feel it is disruptive.

To be quite honest' date=' fallout was threatening to kill us all and sell our children to chinese gold farmers. He also called us all white trailer trash methheads that rape women with snorkels and a pair of vice grips on Teamspeak. I can provide those logs but Dregek already has them.

[/quote']

As it was a joke it is by definition not malicious language so what the fuck ever m8.

So one minute it was a serious thing' date=' and the next minute it was just a joke? Wind your neck in Kransthow, stop contradicting yourself.

[/quote']

I think you are misreading what Rocket said. It is allowed to kick or ban someone from your server for malicious language. That does not mean you are required to ban/kick them from your server, it just means that you have the option to if you feel it is disruptive.

No, sorry I think you misunderstood my post. My post was meant to say, that malicious language is a kick/bannable offense, therefore it's unacceptable. If it it's acceptable then you wouldn't be able to kick or ban for it. Since what's acceptable is acceptable.

Therefore since it's deemed unacceptable, to do the same in your retort, is also unacceptable. There's a level of maturity that server owners need to adhere to. So what he was acting like an arsehole, ban him without a message and that's that. That's what we and most others do on our/their servers.

This forum is for reporting cheaters and exploiters. I would assume it belongs in Server Discussion/General.

(Honestly we need a "Report Servers/Server owners" sub forum )

Thread Moved.

This is fucking golden. If you can't stand a server, just get a different one and shut the fuck up? What's so hard about this?

:huh:

This is fucking golden. If you can't stand a server' date=' just get a different one and shut the fuck up? What's so hard about this?

:huh:

[/quote']

That's not how DayZ servers work.

To be quite honest' date=' fallout was threatening to kill us all and sell our children to chinese gold farmers. He also called us all white trailer trash methheads that rape women with snorkels and a pair of vice grips on Teamspeak. I can provide those logs but Dregek already has them.

[/quote']

So one minute it was a serious thing' date=' and the next minute it was just a joke? Wind your neck in Kransthow, stop contradicting yourself.[/quote']

It was never serious, l2read

[/quote']

So one minute it was a serious thing' date=' and the next minute it was just a joke? Wind your neck in Kransthow, stop contradicting yourself.

[/quote']

No, sorry I think you misunderstood my post. My post was meant to say, that malicious language is a kick/bannable offense, therefore it's unacceptable. If it it's acceptable then you wouldn't be able to kick or ban for it. Since what's acceptable is acceptable.

Therefore since it's deemed unacceptable, to do the same in your retort, is also unacceptable. There's a level of maturity that server owners need to adhere to. So what he was acting like an arsehole, ban him without a message and that's that. That's what we and most others do on our/their servers.

Have you even read the thread? Apparently not so let me tldr it for you.

- The admin and Fallout were both on the same voice comms.

- The admin stated through admin chat why he was banned.

- It was an insider joke.

I haven't misunderstand your post but you obviously have no clue what you are talking about so you should probably stop posting before embarrassing yourself further :huh:

What REIGN said ( clearly sarcastic statement )

what KRANS said ( clearly serious statement )

So one minute it was a serious thing' date=' and the next minute it was just a joke? Wind your neck in Kransthow, stop contradicting YOURSELF.

[/quote']

:facepalm:

Jesus Christ dude ... it can't be this fucking easy ... If it wasn't for the high horse I would find it hard to believe you bought your own sperg.

Maybe inside jokes of such caliber should be kept on the inside, rather than be announched as admin messages. I mean how about "Player thisandthat kicked by admin(reason:N*****), also an inside joke?

Maybe inside jokes of such caliber should be kept on the inside' date=' rather than be announched as admin messages. I mean how about "Player thisandthat kicked by admin(reason:N*****), also an inside joke?

[/quote']

Don't be racist plz

[/quote']

[/quote']

Have you even read the thread? Apparently not so let me tldr it for you.

- The admin and Fallout were both on the same voice comms.

- The admin stated through admin chat why he was banned.

- It was an insider joke.

I haven't misunderstand your post but you obviously have no clue what you are talking about so you should probably stop posting before embarrassing yourself further :huh:

I don't remember reading anywhere that malicious language was okay as long as it was an inside joke?

Maybe that's what these kinds of threads are for? To fine tune policy to ensure no one gets their little feelings hurt whilst playing a video game that is rated mature. That has an adult theme, where people ruthlessly kill each other for a can of internet beans.

But you see what I mean right?

But you see what I mean right?

I can see that its going to take you a while to police the entire internet for using words you are personally not happy with...

Youve gotta start somewhere I guess. Good luck with the mission.

/salute

You're fucking retarded if you think faggot is anywhere near as bad as nigger

I guess what you consider offensive depends on whether you're black, gay or retarded.

You're fucking retarded if you think faggot is anywhere near as bad as nigger

wow "retarded", "faggot" AND "nigger" in a single sentence. I tip my hat sir, well done.

P.S I forgot "fucking". Truely an impressive display of vocabulary.