augrunt

Day/Night Cycle isn't to scale

Hey all,

I run #AU 21 and I've encountered a bunch of issues. Many of which are already filed, but I have not seen anyone bring this up yet. So I'll bring it up...

My server is set to UTC+7 (I live in Sydney, UTC+10) so technically at 7pm Sydney time, it is 4pm Game-time. Now that's all well and accurate when I restart the server but as time progresses it gets more and more misaligned. It's like 10mins is 1 minute in game. I logged in at midnight and the sun was just setting behind the mountains, It was supposed to be 9pm! If I restart the server, it is 9pm.

It isn't a big deal as the Vehicles/Tent saves but I thought I should mention it. Anyone else encounter it or know a fix (if any)?

Server Stats

Server Time: UTC+7

CPU: 4 vCPUs (virtual) @ 2.8GHz each

RAM: 14GB

Bandwidth: 300Mb/s Up and Down

IP: 103.7.164.23

If you look at your in-game watch does it show the same time as your server name suggests?

No it doesn't. It is off by a considerable amount,

I noticed this on another server I just started playing on. Late last week when I got on in the morning (my time) the server was early in night mode. But when I got on it again yesterday, roughly the same time, it was very late at night and going on morning.

I know this doesn't help you, but just posting it to know your server isn't alone.

It happens. Desyncs and so on will cause the server in-game time to start lagging behind real time. This is part of the reason they recommend restarting the server every 4-6 hours. After about 5 hours your server will be off a good hour and a half or more. When the server restarts it then goes back to the correct time on the box and starts the whole process over again.