Sign in to follow this  
Snowboarder

Bone Breaking Animation ( the bone actuallly pops out of skin and you must pop it back)

Make the bone animations real and enable your character to break other bones and not just the leg. A compound fracture animation would be an awesome addition to this game.

That would actually be really fucking cool. However I doubt it would be implemented.

you dont actually break your leg in the game, you just fracture it... seriously, if you snapped it in half, taking a hit of morphine wont cure your leg.

also if you add a shit tone of other possible fractures e.g. arms, ribs ect. theres no hospital in a zombie apocalypse. i dont think this is needed in dayz either.

iIts a video game dude. they did it in Far Cry 2 look it up

You're comparing Far Cry 2 to ArmA 2. That's not very wise.

If you actually manage to break your skin with a fractured bone you have other problems than having to pop it back...serious fleshwound, infection, surgery, rehab etc.

I would count the broken bone icon not only as a "broken" leg. It could be any type of immobilizing injury.

You're comparing Far Cry 2 to ArmA 2. That's not very wise.

Please.

Back to the constructive comment... Yes, you are right about not being able to walk a compound fracture off, but i think actually having animations that illustrate a broken/fractured/sprained bone would be cool.

ie: if you sprain your foot you can only walk, broken wrist doesn't immobilize you but makes vision blurry and guns extremely inaccurate.

Maybe a limping animation

Edited by Snowboarder

a broken leg doesn't always break the skin, in fact, i think that's rare

besides, i'm a reddit user, and have scene bones break altogether and break the skin and become exposed, i do NOT want to see those again, no matter what

Of course they don't always break the skin... but when they do its called a compound fracture and if you jump from a building and land on your feet its possible. im just saying it would be a cool animation to add in... maybe even a skin bump to show the bone is def broken