f4cksteam

0.19% or Why I stoped playing

I'll keep it simple

Char very old, visited NW airfield over 15 times, easily 30+ deer towers, several trips to devils castle, EVEN the NE airfield, 3x Balmora, 9 "Murders" + some self defence & 3 bugged heli crash sites.

So after checking like 300 possible military spawnpoints (and a lot of player corpses who also checked spawnpoints), I have never found anything but unscoped ak/m4s (no cqc version, m203 version, only a1/a2) & shotguns.

Never did a item with the ridiculously low spawn chance show up - expecting a player to continue searching for this crap after over 12 rl-playing hours invested is just boring... and I noticed that the game bored me, yes.

PvP you say, might as well play the modes made for pvp I say.

(Also PvP is silly nowadays, you can kill 89% of people by simply watching the airport for 10 minutes. I died to a guy who managed to clip under/into the aircontrol tower (as in, he walked out of the wall after i was dead) - no scoped/maschinegun/real weapon on him either).

Bye DayZ, may your future updates be more wise.

[No reply will be given for posts without arguments / flamers]

I have a few tents set near a deer stand and I've gotten 3 AKM's 1 ak47, 1 DMR, 1 M9SD, 1 mp5, and a ton of other crap. Maybe you should try doing something like that? Pick a server you like and only play there. Set a tent up in a location that only you would goto and start stockpiling gear :)

Tip:

Play with other people via mumble/teamspeak.

Raid tents/camps.

Find and fix vehicles and then drive around causing mayhem.

Roleplay, be a medic that runs around giving random people blood. (Very high death ratio but quite fun.)

Not a personal recommendation but some find it entertaining: Kill survivors.

I hope that some of my screenshots from the past week will urge you to play once again:

http://imgur.com/a/aqWTB

Another thread complaining about a code in it's relative infancy still.

Rock on.

If you ask me it is the other way around actually.

Too much good gear and too much ammunition. If you find a rusty rifle, you should be so damn excited about it, as if you've just found a treasure chest full of gold. Even more if it still shoots straight!

This game ain't about farming the best gear, it is about surviving in my eyes.

Boring? By far not. Try the role play approach the next time you get in game. You may be surprised what this game can offer. (And especially when you find like minded people)

Codus

>complaining about chance

Wow. Guns are literally everywhere in-game, it's like Chernarus was a war-zone or something before the outbreak...

dont cry my little one. here you warm milk.

sleep now. tomorrow everything will be better.

usually if something BORES me, i do SOMETHING else with my time?!!

I have collected the WHOLE gear TWO TIMES in a week, including the NGV, the Range Finder, and whatever... the only weapon i did not find myself was the L85A2 AWS.

Anyway don't "cry" much.. after you have collected anything, you'll get bored as well.. i'm not playing it anymore since there's nothing i can do now. I can die again and start to collect everything back, but it would be stupid. So my mates, aren't playing it anymore, since it's getting bored to raid together to find something that we already have.

I've buried my "avatar" with all his complete gear by a week already... waiting for better and more interesting days. :)

I don't understand why people feel the need to post this twaddle when its a free mod. If its a AAA title then fair enough but to whine on about a game a guy decided to make in his spare time is bloody ridiculous!!!

There's a 0.19% chance I'll remember this thread in half hour, followed by an 89.27% chance someone else making a similar thread - with the same chance of me remembering and caring about that one, too.

Tip:

Play with other people via mumble/teamspeak.

http://imgur.com/a/aqWTB

Thanks - I play with 7 buddys on ventrilo, I think one of them found a dmr withhin the last week. (Maybe I'm just to used to the pre-patch spam rates, which where ~free dmr with your empty tin can~)

wow ur unlucky, ive found multiple good stuff, just look around at nwaf barracks dude.

I found a m4a3 CCO in the second to last hanger at NW airfield, in the last airfield i found another M4A3 CCO but with one mag in the same server.

Ive found DMR, M24 and AKS kobra in hangers( barracks are very crap for me, pointless)

BUT saying that, i have found a scoped m16a2, m240, DMR and other m4a1/M16A2 in Barracks but they had a person already there with like over 20 cemlights/tin cans/other useless stuff outside ( farming) but when i go by my self its pretty useless.

So it just depends on luck. You could go 500 times and find nothing, sometimes you can find the best things in 1 search sometimes.

I went 1 week in game without finding a map, died and with in my 3rd search of the wooden house in my new life i found one.

In my 1 week life, i went in at least over 20 without finding a map.

... and what would have you done if you found the wiked awsum weapons you were looking for? Would you have played after that?

People that play games just so they can get the best stuff aren't playing the game. The point of the game isn't to get a Barret. It's to survive, and hopefully, thrive. It's to live another day, make friends, enemies, kill zombies... whatever. If you're goal is to get all the weapons, that's fine... but it's kind of a pathetic goal when you consider all the MMOs out there that you could be playing instead of DayZ that make that journey to get the best gear take YEARS.

The best loot isn't even worth it in the end. If your goal is to get the best loot, then keep trying, but if its not working out, then consider making a new goal, because there are more fun goals you can set for yourself than to get the rarest items.

This thread shows two underlying problems.

DayZ has about 2 hours of actual gameplay, before all that's left is PvP fragging

The forums are over-flooded with assholes

Is there any wonder why gaming is on a decline if THIS is how we act?

Gotta get lucky. Found an gun with NV scope at a crashed heli and loads more stuff :)

>complaining about chance

Wow. Guns are literally everywhere in-game' date=' it's like Chernarus was a [i']war-zone or something before the outbreak...

It was.

DayZ has about 2 hours of actual gameplay' date=' before all that's left is PvP fragging

The forums are over-flooded with assholes

[/quote']

My favorite part about this post is how your first sentence so beautifully illustrates your second.

Seriously, I've been playing for 100+ hours and I've never been bored or doing repetitive things. Every night has been completely unique and pretty amazing. All in an Alpha. Spectacular.