RooBurger

Met a hacker... and I pity him

LOL, Oh and your not what you just say to hackers? Just because he is a hacker, he is a scum? Friendlies are needed, regardless of there affiliation to cheats or not. What I PITY is the arrogance of some people in this forum.

u mad bro?

he didnt say something about "people" or "rl", just said that hackerz are lonely. :)

That's it, seems like he's a "nice" guy, but he's cheating and hoping to impress people in the game. Which completely breaks every reason I play it. I would have told him to fuck off if he wasn't so nice to me.

I was playing with my girlfriend yesterday. We were trying to meet up, but she ran into someone in a ghillie suit. She asked him not to kill her, and he decided to help her. White night syndrome in full effect. She was talking to me over Skype while all this was happening.

Then she noticed that zombies would run at him and drop dead a few feet away. Of course, must be a hacker.

We were debating whether or not I should try to kill him as I was pretty close at this stage. My opinion is that hackers can go to hell, whether helping or not.

But he spotted me from quite far away. I suppose he has some kind of hack which allows all name plates to be seen.

My GF explained that I was friendly and we were intending to meet up. So they both came over to me on a quad bike, and he gave us some guns and a ghillie suit for me (GF has a female character so that's useless for her). He asked if there was anything else I wanted, and I asked if he has NVGs. He said "well it's your lucky day, I happen to have two on me.". At no point did he admit to hacking.

He noticed that someone was running past in the distance, and decided to run off and kill him. He threw a grenade and the survivor was down. Shortly after, he ran back to us and asked if I'd like to loot the body. I said sure and followed him back.

The body had a lot of the best gear on it. I can only assume that he planted it there for me.

He began to ask if he could add us on Skype. For a moment I considered adding him so he'd be happy for the moment, then block him once we left the server. While he was talking he ran over the side of a hill and came back in a military truck. My GF and I decided to just leave the server. We logged out.

At the time, more than anything I felt sorry for him, and my wish not to let him down outweighed my wish to betray him. It was all quite pathetic. Looking back, I wish I'd told the sad bastard to get fucked.

It's a very hollow feeling to get items I didn't earn. The reason I play DayZ is because finding items is more rewarding than in any other game I've played, and killing bandits is possibly the best feeling I've ever had playing a game. Getting the best stuff for free completely breaks it for me. Due to the sheer amount of hackers in the game these days, I'm considering holding out until the stand alone comes.

The main thing I learned is that some (perhaps most?) hackers are sad, lonely people who just want others to accept and praise them.

So basically you pity him because the moral thought processes he goes through to hack are not ideals you share? That's self righteousness and not any form of pity/empathy mate, hopefully you don't get those concepts confused again down the road. I don't condone hacking but I also don't pity the bastards. It takes all kinds to keep the world interesting.

• Like 1

So basically you pity him because the moral thought processes he goes through to hack are not ideals you share? That's self righteousness and not any form of pity/empathy mate, hopefully you don't get those concepts confused again down the road. I don't condone hacking but I also don't pity the bastards. It takes all kinds to keep the world interesting.

No, I literally pitied him. I felt sorry for him. So I was nice and stuck around a lot longer than I wanted to because I didn't want to make him feel bad.

In hindsight I wish I'd shot him like I planned.

Edited by dannykeat

so funny how battleye bans people who have done nothing but cant catch the real hackers, I lol about hackers EVERY FUKCING DAY

I feel sorry for him, but I am positive, that you would have considered adding him on Skype, if he was legit. You or your girlfriend never actually saw him "spawn" (or whatever it is they do) any items? It could be that he is legit... I watch Sacriel´s videos, and a lot of shit is going down when he is playing. Just saying.

He gave us 2 ghillie suits, 4 guns and ammo, range finder, a laser thing, food, drink, NVGs, a few other things I can't remember, could see anyone who came within a couple of KMs and read their names (no nameplates on this server), offered us a chopper, gave us a quad bike, appeared in a truck, and zombies would magically drop dead within about 6 feet of him with no shots being fired when he wasn't looking. Oh, and his large sniper rifle was completely silent.

Pretty sure he was cheating.

And of course I'm happy to meet anyone who isn't cheating!

Edited by dannykeat
  • Like 1

It's not often you can actually feel any form of emotion other than rage in an opening post. (Or pure giggles)

Thanks for the read, I agree completely.

-MONSTER

I think the OP is making a lot of assumptions if he thinks that all the hackers are the same. if he meets 10 and all of them are the same, then i'd understand where he's coming from. but just the one?

I think the OP is making a lot of assumptions if he thinks that all the hackers are the same. if he meets 10 and all of them are the same, then i'd understand where he's coming from. but just the one?

You're putting words in my mouth. Here's what I said:

"The main thing I learned is that some (perhaps most?) hackers are sad, lonely people who just want others to accept and praise them."

Every other time I've realised someone was hacking, it was because I was dropped from the sky or got killed in some other weird way.

My experience has changed the way I feel about them. I used to think of them like this:

200px-Trollface.svg.png

But now I know at leas some of them are like this:

foreveralone.png

Of course, most of them might be the former, I don't really know.

Edited by dannykeat

Wow thats... beyond pathetic...

Yeah, hacker's don't have any friends ._.

Sorry, but i've got plenty of friends your statement is invalid

• Like 2

A while back ago I was playing with some friends running around in Cherno, when out of nowhere a hacker with a cop car came barreling down the main road. Naturally, not having any weapons, we made a run for the church. Although he was well north of us when we started running, by the time we arrived to the church he was waiting at the entrance honking his horn attracting zombies. Every time we tried to run inside he would block the door with the car. We finally made way towards the apartments where he followed us but instead of further annoyance, he killed all the zombies around us with his rifle and knocked down the hospital glass with his car before he disappeared over the horizon. He never once attacked us or spoke to us but his actions spoke volumes, he was bored playing by himself and wanted attention if only for a few minutes.

I agree with you OP. Hackers just want some attention, any kind of attention. If they wanted to be good at playing they wouldn't cheat. The reason they cheat is because they don't want to play they want to be noticed.

Sorry, but i've got plenty of friends your statement is invalid

Did you make friends by spawning choppers for them?

Friendly hackers are around and I do like to encounter them as they quite often will fight the hackers that want to cause harm to the server or offer you a lift in whatever vehicle they've spawned in.

You know what, the friendly hacker ruined the game for me more than any unfriendly hacker. I'd rather die for no reason than get free shit for no reason.

I mean, I could sit in a chair and imagine that I'm the king of the zombie apocalypse. That's how cheating in this game feels to me, like you're pretending you did something rather than actually doing it. Because nothing was earned, I feel nothing when I get it.

The strongest feeling I had was wishing this guy would go away and stop trying to be cool and add us on Skype.

Let's ignore the fact he was a hacker.

I see people who don't try and backstab me for a change, and I decide to help them. They seem polite, must be a blue moon. I wouldn't mind having an intelligent conversation with these people! Let's ask if they have skype and if they're interested in adding me.

Clearly this proves I have no social life, am incapable of making friends anywhere, play games to escape the horrible emptiness that is my pitfall of a life and only wish to be accepted by random people that won't influence my life in any sort of way, at all.

Making opinions is fine, making assumptions isn't.

• Like 1

Answer? Your question is stupid and doesn't have any relevance to this post, so I don't need to answer it. For a Medic, you sure are a odd one indeed.

For a hacker, you sure are an obvious one indeed.

• Like 2

Let's ignore the fact he was a hacker.

I see people who don't try and backstab me for a change, and I decide to help them. They seem polite, must be a blue moon. I wouldn't mind having an intelligent conversation with these people! Let's ask if they have skype and if they're interested in adding me.

Clearly this proves I have no social life, am incapable of making friends anywhere, play games to escape the horrible emptiness that is my pitfall of a life and only wish to be accepted by random people that won't influence my life in any sort of way, at all.

Making opinions is fine, making assumptions isn't.

You're making assumptions about the experience I had with the guy.

Here's the conversation I had with my girlfriend after we agreed to log out and escape from him:

Her: "Glad that's over"

Me: "Yeah, kind of pathetic wasn't it? I felt sorry for him"

Her: "Yeah"

I mean, we asked him if he was playing with anyone, and he even lied about that, saying "yeah" and then mumbled something I didn't understand, then he changed the subject.

After this, I'd much prefer to be back-stabbed than meeting a hacker like him.

Meeting nice people and adding them on skype is a completely different matter. That's not what I'm talking about, and that's not what happened. I met someone who ruined the game for me.

your a bitch drop the shit he gave you harden the fuck up and stop blaming him for ruining dayz for you

asshole

your a bitch drop the shit he gave you harden the fuck up and stop blaming him for ruining dayz for you

asshole

God damn, hackers are a sensitive bunch.

If you're not a hacker... you just missed my point entirely.

Edited by dannykeat