Sign in to follow this  
TheMachine

At this point, only private hives are worth playing

Over the last 5 days, 100% of my deaths have been from hackers.

Not the 'was that guy hacking or was I lagging?' type of hacker where it 'probably' is a hacker but you aren't quite sure.

It was the 'teleport you into the air/ doesn't die when you shoot him in the face with 20 bullets at 10 feet and laughs in an effeminate voice' types.

Private hives, although not immune to hackers are certainly better.

The admins tend to care about that shit and have more freedom ban people.

And there aren't 5 people around cherno with hacked as50's, which is a pleasant change.

DayZ, as a mod with a central hive is dead.

The infestation of cheaters is just far too severe for even casual play around the coast, let alone 'serious' supply gathering and vehicle repair.

Pretty much everyone who was streaming DayZ and getting really into it has stopped.

• Like 3

I cannot agree with this more, Hackers are rampant, infact i encountered one a few hours ago.

If standalone comes, make it come with FULL Battleye support, not that BS that is being put into place right now.

This isn't a case of version, this is Battleye's problem atm.

They are working with the devs to solve all the hacking, without a doubt it will be vastly improved in standalone.

Must be you,

I've meet 2 hackers in this game, One nuked the town, the other i killed..

Alpha....

Beta...

Alpha is a closed limited testing prior to putting it in the hands of the positional consumers for mass testing.. With over 1 million people having "tested" this it's for damn sure not Alpha..

• Like 2

Indeed, if they're offering up an "Alpha Version" for public play WE PLAYERS SHOULD AT LEAST EXPECT hacking/cheating has been coded out. Rather, this game's alpha/beta version is replete with hacking/cheating. We may as well all spawn into 0/40 servers and just PvE.

LOL!

Edited by Wosret

You people seem not to grasp the idea of "testing"

Now if this was a fully finished game I'd grab my torch and pitchforks like the rest of you as the hacking and cheating is down right ridiculous but as the games is still in TESTING we can't expect much. We ought to be thanking a lot of those hackers for being stupid enough to hack now so that the scripts and counter measures are worked out now rather than when the game is fully released. People have a little patience. Understandable that everyone is complaining that its down to the battle eye and not the Day Z game itself as I agree, but the reason to this is its the best solution currently whilst Day Z is getting constantly updated. Just my 2 cents :)

Heh. Hackers are just as likely to strike private hives as anywhere else.

They might even get banned but there appears to be no shortage of hackers.

It only takes one mass kill to screw everyone over.

Not the 'was that guy hacking or was I lagging?' type of hacker where it 'probably' is a hacker but you aren't quite sure.

It was the 'teleport you into the air/ doesn't die when you shoot him in the face with 20 bullets at 10 feet and laughs in an effeminate voice' types.

And there aren't 5 people around cherno with hacked as50's, which is a pleasant change.

The infestation of cheaters is just far too severe for even casual play around the coast, let alone 'serious' supply gathering and vehicle repair.

Pretty much everyone who was streaming DayZ and getting really into it has stopped.

All that I can remember is how you got cyber rapped and shot in the face... just seeing you make another post has forced me to relive that horrible story again.

Beta...

Alpha is a closed limited testing prior to putting it in the hands of the positional consumers for mass testing.. With over 1 million people having "tested" this it's for damn sure not Alpha..

www.dayzmod.com What does it say under download?

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 1

Couldn't agree more I play on a private hive more than official now. I like the idea i've still got my official character to go back to and I can just have fun and die as much as I like on a private hive.

I've been teleported only once and I met a friendly hacker once as well. And that's for two whole weeks on 15-35 player servers. I must be lucky?

Beta...

The mod is in alpha, arma 2 oa is the beta you update. I don't get what is so hard to understand about that.

Alpha isn't always a closed testing period and beta is often a feature complete product which this isn't.

The alpha stage has a lot of bugs which this does, we are definitely still in alpha.

• Like 1

I cannot disagree more. There has been less hacking in over the past week than previous weeks. You came in here last week and tried to convince us they should give us a stand alone now because you demanded it and are a server admin? Dunno why being an admin means everything you want you should gt right now? Furthermore, many many people are still getting into and enjoying dayz. take your negative attitude back to your lonely hive sir. I am tired of this garbage attitude

Edited by Faceman Peck

I don't care what they "claim" it is I'm going by typical software standards. The point you release something to be tested publicly in mass it's no longer alpha it's a beta test.

While I'm of course irritated with the cheaters & hacks as well as the many bugs I at least have an understanding that this is a mod and he didn't have some massive team working on it.. Not to mention the game engine isn't exactly secure..

However this mod certainly is long past alpha stage regardless if that's what they still choose to call it.

Edited by crockett

Alpha = Adding and testing features

Beta = Fixing bugs.

Those are typical "Software standards" as you call them trying to be smart.

DayZ is Alpha, the operation Arrowhead patches are Beta.

If i'm selling apples, but the price tag says it are banana's, would you tell anyone that asks to buy a apple "lol can't you see whats on the price tag it are banana's"?

Beta...

Why does main DayZ mod home page say ALPHA Version? JW

Not that hard to change to BETA Version, HTML code and using software that makes it easier, is not that hard.

So why still ALPHA?

Edited by BluSub6