Goose Springsteen

People Are Food Too: A Case for Cannibalism!

Hey Guys,

As I was starving to death today I had the novel thought that much like in the fallout series it would be amusing if you had the option of cannibalizing someones corpse for food with the negative effect of a considerable hit to your humanity.

Also I think it might be interesting if we were able to harvest vegetables from the cabbage patches etc that you see scattered around the map as we all know that meat is murder ;)!

It's just an idea what do you fellas think?

Go cannibalize some Zombies, see what happens! :D

braaaaaaaainssss *groan*

I love the idea of cannibalism! I was looking to see if anyone else had made a thread on here about, I was about to make one myself!

I think it could add immense amounts of eeriness to the game, which can be a great thing.

For example you and your party are all starving, who is the weakest link? You would be trading your morality of course.

I would love to see this implemented as well as being able to identify the cause of death on bodies. Imagine if you were walking and came across a dead body that read something along the lines of, "Eaten alive. Not by zombies...". Your next set of decisions would be completely different hadn't you seen that.

I am all for cannibalism!

I can support this idea. It's totally valid.

I'd also throw in this thread, just as a basic suggestion, the inclusion of wild edibles that may or may not be poisonous.

Cool idea, although if you wanted too, say, see this as a standalone game or as part of another game *for reals* then such an addition would probably mean you couldn't play it in carebear countries like Australia

Cannibalism usually is seen in most of the great zombie finctions already, and i wouldn't be surprised to see it here also. Would add some choise how you want to survive, moral choises etc.. I would just like to see some impact of this on player character, if it's implemented.

"Eaten alive. Not by zombies...".

Cannablism is one thing, but who in their right mind would eat someone who's still alive? :s

then you found ten meat on a bandit and with your 2000 health decide to eat all , and then when you ll know the truth ....

One more reason to kill someone, making life in chernarus even harder, sounds good. But it shouldnt get abused like becoming new kid's "tbag" thing but have real repercussions and have right doze of realism if thats possible.

Eerie indeed, I like it. :)

Great idea also to be able to harvest certain fields for food.

I'm a humanitarian and I approve of this message. Eating people could also reduce your humanity a bit, showing a slow but sure decline into immorality as a way of survival.

"Eaten alive. Not by zombies...".

Cannablism is one thing' date=' but who in their right mind would eat someone who's still alive? :s

[/quote']

Who says any number of the survivors, after experiencing such a traumatic occurrence as the collapse of civilization as we know it, are in their right minds?

Borrow from 'The Book of Eli' eating too much human meat gives you the shakes.

Cool idea' date=' although if you wanted too, say, see this as a standalone game or as part of another game *for reals* then such an addition would probably mean you couldn't play it in carebear countries like Australia

[/quote']

Well you can always remove that option for a stand alone release and have it pop up as a mod, 'compelatly' by it self. :D

Who says any number of the survivors' date=' after experiencing such a traumatic occurrence as the collapse of civilization as we know it, are in their right minds?

[/quote']

WWZ did have something similar, people who became so traumatize they actually believed they were zombies, and started acting like them so well it was very hard to tell them apart. (expect the fact that the zombies always knew that they were not zombies and would eat them)

i would love to see this feature in actuall gameplay, and hey, mb australians should have standalone mod without canibalism instead of us?

we must have it by default ;p

I could just imagine, walking around with your friends... And then all of a sudden they look like BBQ Ribs...

Interesting concept though, I would have to say it would be a good thing to see in the game.

~Derranged

i would love to see this feature in actuall gameplay' date=' and hey, mb australians should have standalone mod without canibalism instead of us?

[b']we must have it by default ;p

Hehe, cool idea to bypass the system :)

Maybe a togglable variable or something like that.

But also, i dont know if it s more shcking eating a team mate or beeing attack by rotting corpses :/

Cool idea' date=' although if you wanted too, say, see this as a standalone game or as part of another game *for reals* then such an addition would probably mean you couldn't play it in carebear countries like Australia

[/quote']

I believe us Aussies just got an R rating for VGs.

Also, instead of cannibalism just being "hide body" with a humanity drop, you should make "human flesh" an inventory item, with the ability to gut a human with the hunting knife (-2500 humanity). Then we can have a survivor barbecue with an extra -500 humanity for every steak eaten.

The steaks could give back blood as well to make it more tempting to cannibalise.

The idea of opening the packs of three dead survivors and finding human flesh is pretty cool.

WE CAN GET EAT PEOPLE NOW YAY! Well as of Jan 2013, the parliament FINALLY passed the R rating for games FOOKING YES! So bring in all the crazy shiz that you Americans have over there and drop it on our porches next to our dingos!

Yep, we aint carebare no more - so bring on the biscuit biting! (your biscuits are your buttocks...)

1. Spawn

2. Have friend kill you

3. repeat for infinite food.

Far too easy to abuse mechanic. Also there doesnt need to be even more reason for shoot on sight.