xcryonic

[How To] ArmA 2: CO + Steam Tracking and Overlay with Beta Patch

Hey there' date=' this worked great for me. I can finally run it through Steam rather than the Six Launcher. The only thing I've noticed is that when I launch the game via Steam (with this launch parameter), in the expansions widow, it lists ArmA 2. While when I launch with the Six Launcher it lists it as ArmA 2: Free (yes I am running it with the free version of ArmA 2 at the moment). I have noticed that the menus run a lot smoother with it listed as ArmA 2: Free. So I guess my question is, is there an edit that can be made to your listed parameter to do this also? Oh and where on your parameter would I add the no splash option?

Yes all very Noobish I know, but then, I am a Noob.

[/quote']

Just add the "-nosplash" to the end of the parameter, like this.

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca -nosplash -world=empty

The menus seem to lag because it uses the HQ resolution textures, you should add the -world=empty in the end of the parameter to improve performance and lower loading times.

I'm not sure about the ArmA 2: Free, you should read the tutorial over here http://kodabar.blogspot.fi/2012/05/how-to-install-dayz-with-arma-2-free.html, maybe you'll work it out.

Hello,

Trying to install the game, and running into an issue that I haven't seen addressed anywhere else. I have gone through the entire process, shown on post #1 of this thread, and when I try and open the game via "Launch ArmA II: Combined Operations" I get a one second delay, followed by my command prompt popping up and running script for about 2 seconds, then it shuts down and nothing happens. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Daxterrpro

Hello' date='

Trying to install the game, and running into an issue that I haven't seen addressed anywhere else. I have gone through the entire process, shown on post #1 of this thread, and when I try and open the game via "Launch ArmA II: Combined Operations" I get a one second delay, followed by my command prompt popping up and running script for about 2 seconds, then it shuts down and nothing happens. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Daxterrpro

[/quote']

Do the following once more to check if it really doesn't work.

If it still doesn't work, you can do the following to ensure you have installed and done everything correctly;

1. Run STEAM as adminstrator.

2. Run ArmA 2, Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit. (THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

3. Install DayZ with Worrom's DayZ Updater, which you can download from here. http://worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater16.zip

4. Install latest beta patch, which is 1.60.93825, run it as adminstrator also, better be safe than sorry.

5. Add one of the following parameters as a launch option in STEAM to ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. The second parameter is the same but in different form, some reports say that some people have difficulties with the default parameter.

-beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca

OR

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@DayZ

6. Download "_runA2CO.cmd" from here http://www.mediafire.com/?tju0d6s5md6y8r6 and put it in the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead's game folder in "\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" and overwrite if asked. DO NOT CHANGE THE PARAMETERS IN "_runA2CO.cmd" FILE!

7. Copy & Paste the Beta "arma2oa.exe" from "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" folder to "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and overwrite if needed, before pasting. Make a backup of the original "arma2oa.exe" by moving it to other folder or by changing it name to something else, like "arma2oa.bak.exe"

Especially try the step 6. , If still not working, I would consider re-installing the game, sounds like a problem with the game files?

By the way, what mode you're running the game on?

ArmA 2 + ArmA 2:Operation Arrowhead

or

ArmA 2: Free + ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead ?

Here's an interesting problem I've been having.

So I do the usual steps to simply install the mod and I get it working, I can click multiplayer, select a server, go in, great. But I can't go into the majority of the servers without the beta patch. So I go to install the patch, works properly, no crashes on startup, everything looks fine. However now when I click the multiplayer tab it will crash, and if I place the original arma2oa.exe back where it was it will work fine again.

So: No beta patch, can connect to very few servers, but not the proper ones with the beta patch.

With beta patch, crashes when I click multiplayer.

:l

I have copied the beta file, and checked that I have the latest version, and entered the parameters into Steam. Yet, when I run the game (Launch as Combined Operations), all that happens is a command prompt that pops up for a split second. Nothing else happens. What the problem is?

I have ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead. When I start via the Six Updater, DayZ mod works.

Here's an interesting problem I've been having.

So I do the usual steps to simply install the mod and I get it working' date=' I can click multiplayer, select a server, go in, great. But I can't go into the majority of the servers without the beta patch. So I go to install the patch, works properly, no crashes on startup, everything looks fine. However now when I click the multiplayer tab it will crash, and if I place the original arma2oa.exe back where it was it will work fine again.

So: No beta patch, can connect to very few servers, but not the proper ones with the beta patch.

With beta patch, crashes when I click multiplayer.

:l

[/quote']

You should reinstall the game, I think it would help with your problem.

I have copied the beta file' date=' and checked that I have the latest version, and entered the parameters into Steam. Yet, when I run the game (Launch as Combined Operations), all that happens is a command prompt that pops up for a split second. Nothing else happens. What the problem is?

I have ArmA 2 + Operation Arrowhead. When I start via the Six Updater, DayZ mod works.

[/quote']

Yeah, I've heard this issue some times, no one seems to know what would fix it though.

You can try to download "_runA2CO.cmd" from here http://www.mediafire.com/?tju0d6s5md6y8r6

And if you're not lazy you can try to reinstall :DD

I have copied the beta file' date=' and checked that I have the latest version, and entered the parameters into Steam. Yet, when I run the game (Launch as Combined Operations), all that happens is a command prompt that pops up for a split second. Nothing else happens. What the problem is?

[/quote']

I had that issue when I first tried to play, since then I've done a reinstall and altered the launch options in Steam and it seems to work. Not sure which solved the issue but it's not there any more.

After re-installing both games I've found the beta crashes me, when I install it normally, have normal parameters, and try running it without swapping the .exe's it will in fact let me go into multiplayer and play, I just can't join beta servers.

If I swap the .exes (beta, renaming original) and adding the proper parameters it will crash when clicking multiplayer.

Any assistance?

After re-installing both games I've found the beta crashes me' date=' when I install it normally, have normal parameters, and try running it without swapping the .exe's it will in fact let me go into multiplayer and play, I just can't join beta servers.

If I swap the .exes (beta, renaming original) and adding the proper parameters it will crash when clicking multiplayer.

Any assistance?

[/quote']

Reinstall both games, ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

I have the retail copy of Arma II and Arma II OA. I have run into so many different problems and reinstalling it only gives me another problem.

Currently it lists all my .PBO files and tells me that the key I used it not recognized and to play on that server(which has been every server I have tried) and to play, I need to install additional keys or remove the files(which doesnt work).

I am running 1.60.94103 and under the Arma II logo, I have "Bohemia Interactive", "Beta", "expansion", and "@dayz".

I am not completely computer savvy so a dumbed down answer would help a lot more than a more educated answer. I reallly wanna play and I have been screwing with this for about 4 days now. Thanks in advance

After re-installing both games I've found the beta crashes me' date=' when I install it normally, have normal parameters, and try running it without swapping the .exe's it will in fact let me go into multiplayer and play, I just can't join beta servers.

Any assistance?

[/quote']

I've reinstalled both of them (as mentioned), twice in fact, and encounter the same problem regardless.

Any assistance?

[/quote']

I've reinstalled both of them (as mentioned), twice in fact, and encounter the same problem regardless.

Then, I'm afraid I have no idea what is your problem, did you try to run both games first as adminstrator before pressing multiplayer?

I have the retail copy of Arma II and Arma II OA. I have run into so many different problems and reinstalling it only gives me another problem.

Currently it lists all my .PBO files and tells me that the key I used it not recognized and to play on that server(which has been every server I have tried) and to play' date=' I need to install additional keys or remove the files(which doesnt work).

I am running 1.60.94103 and under the Arma II logo, I have "Bohemia Interactive", "Beta", "expansion", and "@dayz".

I am not completely computer savvy so a dumbed down answer would help a lot more than a more educated answer. I reallly wanna play and I have been screwing with this for about 4 days now. Thanks in advance

[/quote']

1. Reinstall, both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead expansion. Run both as adminstrator and exit.

2. Install the desired Beta Patch.

3. Install DayZ with Worrom's DayZ Updater http://www.worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater16.zip

4. Install latest BattlEye Anti-Cheat Engine. Download it from here http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2/BEClient.dll and put these files into a folder called "BattlEye" in the "Expansion" folder of your OA install directory

If encountering any further errors/problems, send me a PM or ask here. (PM preferably)

I bought the game on Steam, everything works fine if I use an external launcher to launch the game. I've been playing for a few days, but I don't have the Steam overlay, so I followed the steps, and when I try to launch Combined Operations on Steam, I get a command window for half a second, I managed to take a screenshot. Last night I somehow got into the game through Steam and when trying to connect to a server I got this message :

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.

I downloaded your pre-configured _runA2CO.cmd file, and everytime I reinstall the game ( 3 times so far ) it doesn't switch back to the old _runA2CO.cmd file. Do you have any ideas how I could make this work ? I would really like to play on Steam with the overlay, but it's been 3 times so far, I might as well just play without if it doesn't work. Thanks :)

I bought the game on Steam' date=' everything works fine if I use an external launcher to launch the game. I've been playing for a few days, but I don't have the Steam overlay, so I followed the steps, and when I try to launch Combined Operations on Steam, I get a command window for half a second, I managed to take a screenshot. Last night I somehow got into the game through Steam and when trying to connect to a server I got this message :

You cannot play/edit this mission, it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.dayz_code, dayz_weapons, dayz_equip etc.

I downloaded your pre-configured _runA2CO.cmd file, and everytime I reinstall the game ( 3 times so far ) it doesn't switch back to the old _runA2CO.cmd file. Do you have any ideas how I could make this work ? I would really like to play on Steam with the overlay, but it's been 3 times so far, I might as well just play without if it doesn't work. Thanks :)

The game doesn't still seem to run as Combined Operations, try to download the official and default _runA2CO.cmd file from here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101214-ARMA-2-CO-(how-to-combine-ARMA-2-into-ARMA-2-OA-and-use-together)&s=1d3fc3549a0d26f84c8b788bd599079d

Unfortunately I get the same issue with the default _runA2CO.cmd file. I tried to copy/paste the default ArmA2OA.exe file as well as the _runA2CO_beta.cmd file, but it still doesn't work with Steam. I can safely play with a launcher though, so I don't know where the issue is here.

1) Add nonsteam game.

2)Select the beta patch here :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

3)Go to that same location and right-click the file "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and go to properties.

4)You will see 2 fields. TARGET: and START IN:

5) Right click the shortcut u made in your Steam Library(i believe its called armaao, then click properties.

6)Copy TARGET and START IN from the actual file and put them in the corresponding fields in your STEAM LIBRARY shortcut..

7)Launch and enjoy. You will need to repeat this process every time you get a new Beta update.

Actually I almost did the same thing. I play using a Arma II Launcher so I just added the launcher as a nonsteam game, and the game still works fine with the Steam overlay. Thanks for the help though :)

1) Add nonsteam game.

2)Select the beta patch here :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch"

3)Go to that same location and right-click the file "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and go to properties.

4)You will see 2 fields. TARGET: and START IN:

5) Right click the shortcut u made in your Steam Library(i believe its called armaao' date=' then click properties.

6)Copy TARGET and START IN from the actual file and put them in the corresponding fields in your STEAM LIBRARY shortcut..

7)Launch and enjoy. You will need to repeat this process every time you get a new Beta update.

[/quote']

Doesn't work with full Steam Tracking nor Overlay, this is just useless.

the simple and easy way is : get beta patch here : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

install beta..copying over files to main arma directory works, but it's way too complicated

get spirited machines launcher : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

install it, select path for the exe on first startup. In addition watch this video

part 2 and 3 so you understand the launcher, launching beta with this launcher is only one click on the checkbox, thats all..i do that since ages

Well i don't wanna copy over the 1.60 files and do backup everytime. And i use tons of addons, not only the dayz one. so a launcher is necessary for me..

so ive followed the tutorial step-by-step and im sure i did it correctly. however im having the problem where when i try to join a server it gives me this-- "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Chernarus"

im bout ready to rip my hair out haha :P

just a side note - i AM launching combined operations

so ive followed the tutorial step-by-step and im sure i did it correctly. however im having the problem where when i try to join a server it gives me this-- "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.Chernarus"

But the game is not running as CO. Do this;

2. Run ArmA 2, Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit. (THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

3. Install DayZ with Worrom's DayZ Updater, which you can download from here. http://worrom.com/files/DayZUpdater16.zip

4. Install latest beta patch, which is 1.60.93825, run it as adminstrator also, better be safe than sorry.

5. Add one of the following parameters as a launch option in STEAM to ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead. The second parameter is the same but in different form, some reports say that some people have difficulties with the default parameter.

OR

6. Download "_runA2CO.cmd" from here http://www.mediafire.com/?tju0d6s5md6y8r6 and put it in the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead's game folder in "\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" and overwrite if asked. DO NOT CHANGE THE PARAMETERS IN "_runA2CO.cmd" FILE!

7. Copy & Paste the Beta "arma2oa.exe" from "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" folder to "\arma 2 operation arrowhead\" and overwrite if needed, before pasting. Make a backup of the original "arma2oa.exe" by moving it to other folder or by changing it name to something else, like "arma2oa.bak.exe"

Cheers! I really hope this helps

2. Run ArmA 2' date=' Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit. (THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

OR

[/quote']

i didnt think it woud work, but you must be magic i love you :D

2. Run ArmA 2' date=' Quit. Then run ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Quit. (THIS IS ESSENTIAL)

OR

[/quote']

i didnt think it woud work, but you must be magic i love you :D

I'm glad you got it working, have fun! :D