caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

on another note, I have two questions:

1- are you sure you have updated all the server files?

yesterday I shot zombies many times at close range and, while the changelog for the 1.7.2.4 says zombie hearing got fixed, I pretty much never aggroed them

2- have you ever considered tweaking the server time a little bit?

I am not talking about big changes, something in the range of 4 hours, this way as IRL midnight approaches we can experience sunset and its relative drawbacks/advantages, without having to put up with the current retarded night system

Edited by pod

PSA: All vehicles are missing since the 5pm restart untill the next server restart

yep, I wanted to retrieve the boat, but it wasn't there :(

have yu heard of any fix for the helo leaky fuel tank yet?

Edited by pod

@pod,

about the server files: yes i am sure, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play, but i also checked it again.

and about the time, hmm... you mean, for example: GMT+1 23:50 (RealTime), should be GMT-3 19:50 (Servertime) ?

Edited by Caspar

exactly

do you think we might try it for some days?

story time

IRL t=2250

after losing all my stuff 2 times in a row, I respawned near Elektro and went to the powerstation to obtain some gear, sorely armed with a makarov.

finding myself under sustained sniper fire I run for my life zig-zagging to the east

by the sound I can tell the sniper is on Dobryv, when I flank and approach from the hilltop this is what I see:

a female charater with what I think is an SVD and another one, presumably playing spotter, armed with an m4;

they are apparently doing a pretty good job at keeping heads down in the nearby city laying heavy fire on unsuspecting targets

while I approach Dobryv I keep checking for their position and notice they are logging out to relocate themselevs, still I decide to engage

since the hilltop offers no cover at all, I run from tree to tree and manage to get 20 meters away from them, I aim the sniper's head while the spotter moves further down the hill.

Itake a couple shot just to se him/her run around spazzing out, dive to the ground and disappear

15 seconds later server gives this message: "Uschi is losing connection"

TL:DR

USCHI IS A BITCH, and makarov counter-sniping is even more of a bitch

epilogue:

looking for something to eat I ended up at the school where I found 6 corpses (the guys which were presumably being shot at) so at least I manage to partially restock on gear :D

Edited by pod

yep, I wanted to retrieve the boat, but it wasn't there :(

have yu heard of any fix for the helo leaky fuel tank yet?

Fix all 8 windows and all the 4 scrap metal objects and it should stop, ours did

• Like 1

Thanks Corvax, we didn't get to play yesterday but I knew it'd still be leaking

Fix all 8 windows and all the 4 scrap metal objects and it should stop, ours did

I supposed metal scraps was the problem but... windscreens to fix a fuel tank leak? That makes sense, rocket. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Caspar, from DayZ Commander and the Arma 2 server browser it seems that DE 10 is still not visible also, using the manual remote IP it shows two DE 10 servers (the first is a "ghost" unreachable server and the second is the correct one).

http://img195.images.../captureukw.jpg

http://img32.imagesh...12073100001.jpg

Edited by Andrej Dudev

Yet again server wide vehicles will be gone untill 11pm, one day I'll be on at the same time the vehicles are on so we can actually use this helicopter <_<

Caspar, from DayZ Commander and the Arma 2 server browser it seems that DE 10 is still not visible also, using the manual remote IP it shows two DE 10 servers (the first is a "ghost" unreachable server and the second is the correct one).

http://img195.images.../captureukw.jpg

http://img32.imagesh...12073100001.jpg

yesterday I have been able to join de10 through the server browser without any problem

We just used our 2 bicycles to scan the top edge of the map.. this is our find: 2xBus, 2xTractor, Hatchback, Bicycle, URAL, V3S, S1203, ATV and 4 main tent camps

We drove the vehicles off of the map for em to despawn and emptied out every single tent.. xD

hope this stops hoarding for at least a week :D they were way, way off from the main part of the map.. 5km out from any cities or buildings.

Edited by Corvax

On DE10? within this 5pm to 11pm restart timer? I did a north map sweep a few days ago on my bike and didn't find anything, was clearly enjoying the fresh air too much. :D

Edit: DE10's down for me

Edited by Trowa

We just used our 2 bicycles to scan the top edge of the map.. this is our find: 2xBus, 2xTractor, Hatchback, Bicycle, URAL, V3S, S1203, ATV and 4 main tent camps

We drove the vehicles off of the map for em to despawn and emptied out every single tent.. xD

hope this stops hoarding for at least a week they were way, way off from the main part of the map.. 5km out from any cities or buildings.

Great, that was a very good move.

On DE10? within this 5pm to 11pm restart timer? I did a north map sweep a few days ago on my bike and didn't find anything, was clearly enjoying the fresh air too much. :D

Edit: DE10's down for me

Great, that was a very good move.

It was on DK1.. same settings server as DE10, but with GMT +2 so we can haz some night fun..

Simply dont see the fun in vehicle hoarding.. so we made a convoy of URAL, Bus, Motorcycle and a Tractor.. drove back and forth from berezino to balota a couple times :) fought off the bandits.. sadly didnt find any friendly survivors for the party bus.. then left em around on the map..

If you're going to post about taking vehicles and raiding camps in a DE10 thread at least mention it was on a different server first. :P

The one time you really really need to join DE10 it's down... wtf guys -.-

From 24:00 to 00:05~00:15 the server is in "restart" mode.

Yep, I'm blind, De 10 is visible inside the serverbrowser and DayZ Commander now.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

DE 10 appears to exist twice now, exactly the same name, but two different instances.

seem to be an exact copy, because pitched tents happen to spawn at the exact same location on both servers.

whats up with that?

DE 10 appears to exist twice now, exactly the same name, but two different instances.

seem to be an exact copy, because pitched tents happen to spawn at the exact same location on both servers.

whats up with that?

anyone?

looks like server is having serious issues and Caspar is seemingly away

guess we'll have to wait a little bit to have it fixed