caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

dddddddd                                                             d::::::d                    1111111        000000000                 d::::::d                   1::::::1      00:::::::::00               d::::::d                  1:::::::1    00:::::::::::::00             d:::::d                   111:::::1   0:::::::000:::::::0    ddddddddd:::::d     eeeeeeeeeeee     1::::1   0::::::0   0::::::0  dd::::::::::::::d   ee::::::::::::ee   1::::1   0:::::0     0:::::0 d::::::::::::::::d  e::::::eeeee:::::ee 1::::1   0:::::0     0:::::0d:::::::ddddd:::::d e::::::e     e:::::e 1::::l   0:::::0 000 0:::::0d::::::d    d:::::d e:::::::eeeee::::::e 1::::l   0:::::0 000 0:::::0d:::::d     d:::::d e:::::::::::::::::e  1::::l   0:::::0     0:::::0d:::::d     d:::::d e::::::eeeeeeeeeee   1::::l   0:::::0     0:::::0d:::::d     d:::::d e:::::::e            1::::l   0::::::0   0::::::0d::::::ddddd::::::dde::::::::e        111::::::1110:::::::000:::::::0 d:::::::::::::::::d e::::::::eeeeeeee1::::::::::1 00:::::::::::::00   d:::::::::ddd::::d  ee:::::::::::::e1::::::::::1   00:::::::::00      ddddddddd   ddddd    eeeeeeeeeeeeee111111111111     000000000     God's In His Heaven, All's Right With The World

LATEST NEWS:

19.12.2013 - Serverrelaunch planned

- Server cleanup for relaunch with retail Server files

Known Issues

-

Hardware-Specifications:

• 24x Cores with 2.93GHz each (4x Intel XEON X5670)
  • 2 GB RAM for DayZ Server (68 GB Total RAM)
  • 1GBit/s direct connected to a Backbone in 'Frankfurt', Germany
  • 250GB RAID 10
  • Dell PowerEdge™ HP Proliant
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter 64bit
DayZ-Relevant Configuration:
  • 50 Slots
  • NO 3rd Player View
  • NO Crosshair
  • NO Visible Playernames
  • NO Global and Sidechat
  • Activated InGame VoiP with maximum Quality level (20)
  • Activated Filmic Attribute (better ingame tonemapping)
  • Activated Lobby Kick, if a Player idle/stay longer then 180 sec in Lobby it will be auto kicked
  • Activated InGame Administrator Commands for additional Server Administrators
  • Ultra low lag configuration (try it yourself if you don't believe me)
  • European Ping, but US Time (GMT/UTC-6), so you can play IG: Day while RL: Night (EU).
  • Always latest beta Patched Server/Client! So you can be an 0-Day Alphapioneer.
  • Automatic Restart every 6 hours (0,6,12,18,24 o'clock GMT+1), but atm WITHOUT WARNING!
Other Interesting Stuff:
  • This Page is also accessible at http://www.dayzmod.eu
  • Server- and Playerstats can be found at GameTracker.com
  • 512 Slot DE10 TeamSpeak 3 Server Hostname is m0ar.de (0=zero), please use the "DayZ - DE10" Channel.
  • DE10 is being hosted and administrated actually only by myself (Caspar) and running since 18.05.2012 until ~10.12.2013 and will be soon back again.
Donate:

What?

• Views of this Thread
  • Posts in this Thread
  • Beans, just click this link
  • Money, see below Section "How?".
Why?
  • Why? If you want keep up DE 10 alive, just donate. How much is completely up to you. I am even happy about 1 cent :)
  • Actually i can only give you in return longer run time of DE 10, and a record in the Hall of Fame of Donators.
  • Oh, and please tell me in the notes if i am allowed to publish your nick- and/or name :) Thx a lot !
How?

~~~ Hall of Fame: ~~~

Kefuddle (5,00€ @ 10.10.2012)

thanks for reviving me :)

d. b. (4,00€ @ 02.08.2012)

Thanks for your Support, it won't be wasted!

Anonymous (5,00€ @ 16.07.2012)

Anonymous FTW ^^. thx buddy! This will help to bribe my ISP :)

c. r. (4,00€ @ 02.07.2012)

And another bites the ... Hall of Fame :D. A Big Thanks to c. r.

Anonymous (5,00€ @ 01.07.2012)

Your wish is my command, Anonymous FTW ^^. Thanks for your Support <3!

Roberto Podeira (IG Name) (4,00€ @ 26.06.2012)

Thanks a lot Davide !!! You let me keep up my work :)

Edited by Caspar
  • Like 5

14.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93701

- Still only 93616 needed to join

13.06.2012 - Lagspikes

- Thanks to some configuration experiments and LagMonitor i was able to reduce the Lag again to the ULTRA LESS Level you are usually know from DE10, have fun playing!

12.06.2012 - Lagspikes

- LAGS are caused by driving, in special "crashing" with vehicles. This is already made public and hopefully fixed soon - link

11.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93616

- You NEED now Beta Pateched Client (min. 93616) to connect to DE10!

- New Netconfig v1.14, try to fix those vehicle generated lags.

10.06.2012 - Restored DE10 Thread

09.06.2012 - DE10 now autorestart on Crashs

- DE10 is now protected by ServerMonitor from Dizzymagoo

08.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93586

- Still only 93398 needed to join

06.06.2012 - DE10... got... VEHICLES!!!

- More then 30 are available now for you on DE10, come in and check out where those Dev's hide them.

05.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93415

- Still only 93398 needed to join

02.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to latest HiveEXT v0.4.1

- Raised Slots to 50

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93398

- You NEED now Beta Pateched Client (min. 93398) to connect to DE10!

31.05.2012 - New Vote available

- DE10 - Vote: How much Slots should a Server have?

- Thx to the Board rollback the Thread got lost... (10.06.2012)

31.05.2012 - Board Thread Created.

- For now, i will use this Board to inform you about the latest news of the European located Server "DE10". Feel free to ask me questions, give suggestions for improvement or report errors/problems.

27.05.2012 - Serverupdate.

- Network Configuration tuned to v1.13

- Hive Updated to v0.9.2

- Server Updated to v1.6.0.1

Thanks to the latest trend of laggy servers i have started to code a program which is able to:

- Measure and Count lags

- Visualize lags

This will help myself to 'tweak' the server/netconfig on hard facts instead of userresponse and 'belly feeling' as i do the whole time. To keep this Thread clean, please post any further question about this topic on this tread: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=10373

Hi Caspar, just wanted to say hello and thank you for providing your excellent server.

And from what I can tell you are a great admin, it was fun to play with you yesterday. Sorry again that I killed you. :)

18.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93825

- You NEED now Beta Pateched Client (min. 93825) to connect to DE10!

- Updated to v1.7.1.1 DayZ Server/Code

- Updated to latest Battleye Server/Client state

@VFR:

Always at your service ;) And don't worry about the kill, it's a game, i wasn't carefully enough and therefore i deserve it.

20.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 93965

- You NEED Beta Patched Client (min. 93825) to connect to DE10!

- Using new Mission file v0.3 with deactivated Side and Global Chat!

- Using now BEC. If more then 5 Player are in Lobby server will be locked, Lobby Ideling will be kicked after 300 sec.

- Server is now registered at GameTracker.com, You can find there Server- and Playerstats

- Registered http://www.dayzmod.eu for DE10. If you enter it, you will be instantly redirected to this Thread.

21.06.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to DayZ Code v1.7.1.5

- Edited 'DayZ Relevant Information' from DE10, see first post.

Respect to you Cas, like usually. You doin awesome job. But hey! Where is lag'o'meter m8? :D

Hi.. Im abit curious, why did you lock your server while we are playing on it ?, i just got fps problem, disconnect, tried to reconnect, now server is locked and there are fewer and fewer people on it.. My friend is still in and this is where we have our camp/vehicles.. we moved to your server because it looked very good and stabile and you sound like a resonable guy :)

So im just curious as to why it is suddenly locked ? :) thx in advance

-Corvax

Just so I know if we should move to another server or keep trying to connect..

Just curious: if you got such a powerfull box to host the server,why is it locked at 50 players and not 75+ ?

Hi.. Im abit curious' date=' why did you lock your server while we are playing on it ?, i just got fps problem, disconnect, tried to reconnect, now server is locked and there are fewer and fewer people on it.. My friend is still in and this is where we have our camp/vehicles.. we moved to your server because it looked very good and stabile and you sound like a resonable guy :)

So im just curious as to why it is suddenly locked ? :) thx in advance

-Corvax

[hr']

Just so I know if we should move to another server or keep trying to connect..

Servers get locked at certain times to prevent a mass flood of incoming layers causing lag / problems with current players, also during updates, if the server is permenantly locked, that is not allowed, but i doubt that is whats going on here.

Servers get locked at certain times to prevent a mass flood of incoming layers causing lag / problems with current players' date=' also during updates, if the server is permenantly locked, that is not allowed, but i doubt that is whats going on here.

[/quote']

well there havent been any lag on it for my friend the entire time playing, i disconnected and restarted arma2 to solve my fps issue and then the server was locked, but people still playing, I know that cause my friend stayed in.

The player number is dvindeling down abit now but only as people disconnect themselves.

Its stayed locked for 10-15 minutes now still 21 players on out of 40..

Cant get to tent, cant play xD

I hope server admin will respond or use his thread to inform us on what to do, so I can either

A: go play somewhere else and act like i lost my camp and loot or

B: get in/come back when its solved within the approximate time host tells us.

*(No information or notices was given on the server global chat before lock or during.)

Hi there, i've checked the situation, and to be honest, i am not sure why the server is locked. It shouldn't be, not only because it's forbidden to do it (for long time), it's also unlogic because so less player are on the Server.

I can only image that "B.E.C.", a tool which i am using to prevent the server from being 'bombarded' by mass join/connect tries, forgot to unlock the Server. But i am not sure so i have to check the Serverlog files before i blame someone else for this failure.

For now I've unlocked the server manually and now ppl are joining again. So sorry folks.

P.s.: There are only 2 Situation why the Server is locked by purpose.

1. The Server gets locked if i will restart it within the next 5 minutes.

2. Or because to much People are in lobby (greater then five).

- To prevent the Server of being locked forever because to much Player are in lobby they get kicked after 300 sec if they stay at lobby.

@Gichtenstein,

With the release of Vehicles on most Server, huge problems with lags came too. This isn't a issues which can be killed by plain RAW Power, it had to be addressed by the Devs.

Thanks to the last two patches the Situation got better and better , so i can try to raise up the player count little by little and check if the Lags are under a certain level.

But never forget, "Quality while playing" is more worth then the "Quantity of Slots", at least for me. If Lags are raising to high, i will drop the Slots again.

Hi there' date=' i've checked the situation, and to be honest, i am not sure why the server is locked. It shouldn't be, not only because it's forbidden to do it (for long time), it's also unlogic because so less player are on the Server.

For now I've unlocked the server manually and now ppl are joining again. So sorry folks.

[/quote']

Awsome man :) glad to see the fast response.. We are loving this server so far, last server admin reset out 5 vehicles that had all our stuff on it and emptied out tent camp :/ so we found yours on the forum and it have yet to dissapoint :)

Keep up the good work, very much appreciated.

Btw do you use standard vehicle spawn locations or have you made your own ?

(Hoping this is a consistantly good server with resonably fast admin responses.

I kinda feel like donating when i find the server which delivers that)

Hello, uhm me and a friend is playing on your server really nice server and all, so we've set up camp in what we assume to be a nice spot not easely found, but when we log in the stuff in our tents is gone, we realize thats there is the posibility that other players got to em, but we both think its quite hard to stumble upon our tents. any chance that its an error from the server?

/Thamos

@tsv84,

sure, there is always a possibility that the server has made some kind of mistake and deleted the stuff of your tent, but, this won't affect more then one tent and usually affects only one item. I'm sorry to tell you that someone seem to found your location and raided all your stuff :S

@Corvax,

Sad to hear that other Admins do such stuff, and nice to hear you are happy with DE10 so far. To the point about the Spawn location. I am not edited any kind of resource file i've got from DayZ because it's forbidden. So they should be the 'standard' ones.

Please not that i can't confirm yet where the spawn location are configured. It can be in the Mission file, it can also be in the Main Database. If they are gathered from the main database server from dayz, it can be that Dev's change them without notice.

@tsv84,

To make it short, i don't know. And if i would, i wouldn't tell it anyone. The reason is simple, it's more frightening to play on a server where you have no reliable information about your surrounding instead of knowing, or even only have clue, that there could be some dangerous guys which are searching for survivors (or sth like this).

In 2nd case you will be prepared for sure, in the first case you will be surprised like hell, and thats the part which makes fun, at least for me :)

23.06.2012 - Update of Flood Control System

- Auto kick of Lobby Idler reduced to 150 sec

- Raised Slotcount of the Server to 50

- Updated BEC to v1.4.3

About the Locked server, it was, as i thought, BEC. I've updated from 1.4.2 to 1.4.3 and in the Changelogs is an additional Hint that there was some kind of code problem:

*** V 1.43 ***

- Fixed: Minor bug in flood control..

Hopefully this will not happen again, otherwise i have to think about another solution.

Server just reset 5 minutes ago, ive just been spending last 8 hours fixing up 2 busses and collecting weapons and vehicle repair kits.. I get no warning of a reset and when I get back in, none of em are there .. .. was hoping this server wasent like that :/

could you plz add a 60second announcement when server restart so we are not driving around and thus losing our vehicles and the second bus i lost had stood still saved for 2 hours.. grrrr

as a result of the no warning server restarts I warped back a few km's and have no idea where the bus i was driving even is at now, to add injury to insult its pitch black from sunny sky before reset so I have no chance of finding anything especially since my flare/chemlight/g17 is on the bus.

My grp and I moved here in the hoped it was a working server that at least announced server restart, kept same time between restarts and didnt glitch vehicles away after we spend hours fixing em just to never get to drive em out for what ever we want, after searching for them, fixing em up for some hours moving em to hiding place they dissapear within a few hours of us storing them in hiding place, because of server restart.

@Corvax,

i've warned 5 minutes before the System will restart in 1 Minutes steps, so you must missed the messages. They appear as Red Text, didn't you read them? I guess other have seen them because they left the server afterwards.

Busses are bugged anyways, you can't save them, not on mine or any other Server. Didn't you asked yourself why you see them often in crowded regions? Because nobody can drive them away and 'hold/save' them there. Sorry i didn't told you this before, but i thought this is already common knowledge :S Any other vehicle works so far.

P.s.: here the server log, if you don't believe me:

(Servertime is UTC-6, so don't wonder about the time)

2:06:55 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1 (127.0.0.1:54102) logged in

2:07:09 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1: (Global) WARNING - Serverrestart in 5 Minutes

2:07:09 Metatron uses modified data file

2:07:09 Player Metatron connecting.

2:07:10 BattlEye Server: Player #15 Metatron (-) connected

2:07:10 Player Metatron connected (id=-).

2:07:11 BattlEye Server: Player #15 Metatron - GUID: - (unverified)

2:07:11 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (-) of player #15 Metatron

2:07:24 Player sho disconnected.

2:07:29 Player [MKV] =RoMeO= disconnected.

2:07:36 Player Krauser disconnected.

2:07:39 Player [sW] WarMachine disconnected.

2:07:45 Player Jormungand disconnected.

2:07:57 Player Zombilend disconnected.

2:08:03 Crimson uses modified data file

2:08:03 Player Crimson connecting.

2:08:04 Player Crimson connected (id=-).

2:08:04 BattlEye Server: Player #2 Crimson (-) connected

2:08:16 TaO uses modified data file

2:08:16 Player TaO connecting.

2:08:18 Player TaO connected (id=-).

2:08:18 BattlEye Server: Player #3 TaO (-) connected

2:08:28 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1: (Global) WARNING - Serverrestart in 4 Minutes

2:09:25 [sw-A]Danti uses modified data file

2:09:25 Player [sw-A]Danti connecting.

2:09:26 BattlEye Server: Player #6 [sw-A]Danti (-) connected

2:09:26 Player [sw-A]Danti connected (id=-).

2:09:27 BattlEye Server: Player #6 [sw-A]Danti - GUID: - (unverified)

2:09:27 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (-) of player #6 [sw-A]Danti

2:09:34 Player Metatron disconnected.

2:09:34 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1: (Global) WARNING - Serverrestart in 3 Minutes

2:09:42 Player TaO disconnected.

2:10:28 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1: (Global) WARNING - Serverrestart in 2 Minutes

2:10:59 Player pietro disconnected.

2:11:02 Player Floxys disconnected.

2:11:04 Player Zyron disconnected.

2:11:07 Player Nfago disconnected.

2:11:16 Player Carter disconnected.

2:11:17 BattlEye Server: RCon admin #1: (Global) WARNING - Serverrestart in 1 Minute, no further warnings will be displayed

2:11:30 father1one uses modified data file

2:11:30 Player father1one connecting.

2:11:32 Player father1one connected (id=-).

2:11:32 BattlEye Server: Player #1 father1one (-) connected

2:11:33 BattlEye Server: Player #1 father1one - GUID: - (unverified)

2:11:33 BattlEye Server: Verified GUID (-) of player #1 father1one

2:11:50 Player Xcom52 disconnected.

2:12:16 Player N disconnected.

2:12:24 BETEPAH uses modified data file

2:12:24 Player BETEPAH connecting.

To be 100% sure i asked in the Admin Google Group if there is a solution for this Problem.