Sir Diealot

Do you still have artifacts?

Do you still have artifacts?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still have artifacts/graphic glitches after 1.7.2.5?

• Yes. I have an Nvidia-gpu.
    • No. I have an Nvidia-gpu.
    • Yes. I have an ATI-gpu.
    • No. I have an ATI-gpu.

Till they fix it, it would be best to at least remove those models, those pointless dead soldiers and I think they are a debris pile. They happen more often now than they use to, almost always in Cherno and it seems that airfield near cherno is the worst cause there are so many artificats there.

• Like 2

Can't go to any place with dead soldiers. I don't understand why they wont just temporarily remove them...

I have an nVidia card, I tried diabling Threaded optimization like some have suggested and I feel like it's helped but it's still happening. Before I disabled that I would get it often, usually couldn't play for more than 15-30 minutes without it happening, now that I've disabled it I played 2 hours and only got it once but it was clearly being caused by an object in a city. I tried to get closer to it to see what it was but it got so bad I couldn't see at all, with zombies chasing me I had to turn around.

I tried going into balota the other day and There was a huge artifact in the center between the guard posts near the entrance. Shit looked like a langolier.

• Like 1

Hmm, weird. I'm running a radeon hd 6950 2gb and havent had problems, granted I've only been to Balota AF before/after. I'm not sure if it could even be fixed in just one place, but nonetheless, I shall investigate this further (tomorrow). In the meanwhile, if someone can go to Balota and verify that they have issues there as well, that would be cool.

Yes and no.

I had artifacts on a server i called "home", but not on a different server with a more recent version of arma.

"Home" updated their version of arma, and the artifacts are gone.

I only get them after I've been playing a while, like 2 hours or more and only in the airfields and military tent areas, I have an old gtx 460.

TEMPORARY FIX FOR ARTIFACTS - Press ESC in-game, then alt + enter, then esc again, alt + enter again. sometimes, you must do it 3 - 4 times, but it works for everyone that i have told it to (Just not me D:)

It would've sufficed to keep the options

1. Yes. I have an Nvidia-gpu. (16 votes [51.61%])
  2. Yes. I have an ATI-gpu. (13 votes [41.94%])

Go to Dayzmod.com > Click News > Find the post about graphic glitch > Click link to Reddit > Read Reddit post > Do Reddit post > ??? > Profit.

YW

It would've sufficed to keep the options

1. Yes. I have an Nvidia-gpu. (16 votes [51.61%])
  2. Yes. I have an ATI-gpu. (13 votes [41.94%])

Well, no actually, because there are people who dont have them. Not many, but still.. :D

> fully read post > find it only works for a short period of time > stop skimming. ;)

Seems like artifacts weren't even remotely fixed. I was under the impression that some people didn't get them anymore.

> fully read post > find it only works for a short period of time > stop skimming. ;)

Must have read different post, no where in that post did I see anything about it working for a short period of time. Maybe you meant work around?

Link for anyone that can't find it and does actually want to fix their shit. http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/yhksh/successful_graphics_glitch_fix_for_nvidia_gpu/

Hmm, weird. I'm running a radeon hd 6950 2gb and havent had problems, granted I've only been to Balota AF before/after. I'm not sure if it could even be fixed in just one place, but nonetheless, I shall investigate this further (tomorrow). In the meanwhile, if someone can go to Balota and verify that they have issues there as well, that would be cool.

Yes they are there. Anywhere with barbwire and the dead soldiers is going to have it.

Barebire set up in the forest will cause it also, doesn't have to be in a city or airfield.

Seems like artifacts weren't even remotely fixed. I was under the impression that some people didn't get them anymore.

Some of the "Fixes" that are posted all the time do work but for random amounts of time, Minutes, hours, days... but they usually return.

Even restarting the game will clear them up sometimes.

Until Rocket gets bck from Gamescom we'll just have to deal with it.

Edited by jblackrupert

I find it varies greatly for me. Some dead bodies do it, others don't. Sometimes balota is completely blocked, sometimes completely clear. I've got an ATI and always experience issues in cherno looking south and stary looking at the tents.

Yep. Just died because I couldn't see SH!T while 2 guys were unloading at me.

I'm pretty sure it's official, Rocket and the rest of the team don't care for DayZ - The mod, anymore.

If they really did, they'd just remove the useless things that are causing this bug, it's a fucking MASSIVE game breaking glitch that would take 30 minutes to fix but they just don't care at all.

I literally can't go to Stary,Berezino,Cherno,Balota or the NWAF AT ALL

And yes, I have tried everything.

Edited by jdz

I still have them, but not very often. And when i get them, i just skip that place, unless i need something from there, then ill just swap server, problem solved. Tougher if you play with friends etc though.