red62

YOU DO NOT NEED THE FULL VERSION OF ARMA 2 TO PLAY DAYZ

Get arma 2 demo and arrowhead, copy addons folder from arma 2 to arrowhead folder.

you just saved 10 bucks.

Yeah, but Rocket works for Bohemia... so in buying Arma II, you are supporting the company that's going to bring you the end product of DayZ.

HOLY SHIT!! 10 BUCKS!11 Thats like almost a movie + small Popcorn!!

Srsly guys.. the game is already cheap, the mod is free.. what else do you want?

Gah - Just buy both games and the DLC you bunch of cheapskates, ArmA was and still is a quality game, both before and after Day Z, Bohemia is a great company to support and I can't wait for ArmA 3.

Gah - Just buy both games and the DLC you bunch of cheapskates' date=' ArmA was and still is a quality game, both before and after Day Z, Bohemia is a great company to support and I can't wait for ArmA 3.

[/quote']

Frankly, ArmA is a very clunky experience. It has nothing to do with realism.

I like DayZ *despite* the clunkiness. I think practically everyone I've talked with who was new to ArmA agrees (and many who are veterans).

I get it, low budget, etc, I'm not going to argue this point, it's just a fact about the game. Most of it is really shoddy.

I'd pay $50 to avoid lite graphics.

I'd pay $50 to avoid lite graphics.

^^ This.

We never stated it was necessary to have Arma 2 Full, however it does help with supporting the developers of Arma II. (In which rocket works for :V )

If you don't have enough, ask mom if you can mow the lawn and wash th car to earn a little more.

L

shitty graphics = better performance

fine w/ me

legacy if the dayz team had a kickstarter i'd personally donate $100 to it, i just have a medium end computer and i'm pointing this out to the people that also have one so that they can actually play the game

if i bought arma II it'd probably lag me with the good graphics

The free version + Arrow head did NOT work for me.

So I ended up paying an extra $10 when I should have just gotten the full $30.

Well extra support for arma I suppose :)

if i bought arma II it'd probably lag me with the good graphics

High video settings are not forced.

lol....$10

IF thats savings to you, you need to reconsidered your career path.

i bought all the dlc*s to support bis, cause arma2 is the best game i've ever played. For me gameplay is the most important thing, i really love the gfx, of course BF3 with hollywood scripted tunnel maps and boom boom may look better..But my 1600 hours warfare which is actually some kind of command and conquer + ego shooter + risk is not comparable to all the games i've played in my whole life.

This mod is also very nice for in between. And as a matter of fact it supports a headtracker, and if you love military missions, created by the community with awesome soundmods like jarheads, or ACE or ACRE for teamspeak, there is no other game i'm playing.

And the community in the bis forums is just TOP. The first time i donated 20 Euro to icebreakr for his wonderful islands+units.

Go on BIS , my beloved heroes

cheers

lol....$10

IF thats savings to you' date=' you need to reconsidered your career path.

[/quote']

Hey now, that's about two hours of burger flipping after taxes! :P

Well i bought steam version of arma 2 + arrowhead cost 25€. Later i found retail version of arma x anniversary edition, cost 25€. Is this bad? Now i have been supported bohemia interactive and DayZ development for 50€. Maybe little bit under 50€ becouse stores must have their cuts too from the retail products.

Anywhoo... I love to support this project and bohemia for their efforts.

Using Arma 2 + OA is called Combined Ops Lite. I use it and it works fine.

It does give you lower-res textures though

HOLY SHIT!! 10 BUCKS!11 Thats like almost a movie + small Popcorn!!

Srsly guys.. the game is already cheap' date=' the mod is free.. what else do you want?

[/quote']

Someone once said: If it would be possible to download cars and copy them into your garage, hell, I would do it, just because of I can.

Some simply never get it and want everything for free, since programming is easy, making a mod is done in your free time and hosting, development and employees do not cost anything, they work for free and do not have earned wages anyways with all the bugs they produce ... and so on and so on and so on even more. You know how it is.

Forget about the demo, get the full game and enjoy a few hours of ARMA ][ if you got nothing else to do or you're pissed again because of someone was better in PVP, it's WORTH it!

So you don't need the full version of arma2 but you need the full version of arrowhead?

Sooo can anyone confirm if this works or not? r u able to play DayZ without buying it?

(i bought it myself for $30 but my cheap ass friends will certainly not)