Sign in to follow this  
unSeen 1

People in this game are just complete dicks.

I posted a thread/reply to me wanting to trade a ghillie for nvg's, and some other dude saw the post and Skype'd me about it. I told him I agreed when he invited me to the call, and noticed he had 3 other people in the call and I said I'm guessing these are your friends providing you sniper support. They laughed and were like "I like this guy." Long story short, we got to talking and they said I could just play with them and I offered to give them my ghillie suits, and I also found an AS50 TWS +nvg rangefinder + gps along the way, and grab my mk 48 mod 0. Later on which they wanted to dupe the TWS for all of them, so I said sure that's fine I guess. After 3 days of talking to them and playing solo, I finally made the journey from thee hills valley to my camp east of kamenka, and then back to elektro. By the time I made it back, they (apparently already knew him?) found a hacker and he spawned them everything, but he couldn't spawn the AS50 TWS, which is what they really wanted. So I run over to them, and we're sitting on the hill sniping.. we hadn't duped the AS50 yet, and I don't even know how. The hacker says theres another hacker on the hill we're on and says he's invisible and says he died. (He never died.) Then the "other hacker" kills me. A minute later they tell me they're switching servers and we head to US 663, but US 663 doesn't exist. So while I'm sitting there for 15 minutes trying to join US 663 and I say "can't find it, not there" etc... then out of the blue the 4 clan members + the hacker unfriend me all at the same time on skype, and one of them removes me from the call -- all of them stopped responding to me.

TL;DR, They gained my trust for 3 days, I ran 20km for them, ended up "joining" their clan, and they kill me for my AS50 TWS to dupe, and act as if they didn't do it, then all remove me as a contact/from the call.

yeah, I'm bitching.

• Like 4

I posted a thread/reply to me wanting to trade a ghillie for nvg's, and some other dude saw the post and Skype'd me about it. I told him I agreed when he invited me to the call, and noticed he had 3 other people in the call and I said I'm guessing these are your friends providing you sniper support. They laughed and were like "I like this guy." Long story short, we got to talking and they said I could just play with them and I offered to give them my ghillie suits, and I also found an AS50 TWS +nvg rangefinder + gps along the way, and grab my mk 48 mod 0. Later on which they wanted to dupe the TWS for all of them, so I said sure that's fine I guess. After 3 days of talking to them and playing solo, I finally made the journey from thee hills valley to my camp east of kamenka, and then back to elektro. By the time I made it back, they (apparently already knew him?) found a hacker and he spawned them everything, but he couldn't spawn the AS50 TWS, which is what they really wanted. So I run over to them, and we're sitting on the hill sniping.. we hadn't duped the AS50 yet, and I don't even know how. The hacker says theres another hacker on the hill we're on and says he's invisible and says he died. (He never died.) Then the "other hacker" kills me. A minute later they tell me they're switching servers and we head to US 663, but US 663 doesn't exist. So while I'm sitting there for 15 minutes trying to join US 663 and I say "can't find it, not there" etc... then out of the blue the 4 clan members + the hacker unfriend me all at the same time on skype, and one of them removes me from the call -- all of them stopped responding to me.

TL;DR, They gained my trust for 3 days, I ran 20km for them, ended up "joining" their clan, and they kill me for my AS50 TWS to dupe, and act as if they didn't do it, then all remove me as a contact/from the call.

yeah, I'm bitching.

gg no re

Don't think it's only this game people take advantage of others. It pertains to reality too. People will take advantage of you to get what you have. Time to learn that lesson fella. You should be able to tell by how people talk to you that they have no respect for you.

People take computer games way to seriously. :huh:

As many on this forum like to say "it's a 'doggy dog' world"

Dog-eat-dog

So you were trying to make a deal with hackers and we're supposed to feel sympathetic?

I think he was trying to make internet friends and was taking advantage of.

So you're bitching about helping a clan dupe and hack? Sounds like karma to me.

Shit happens.

Return your dice to the cup; shake vigorously, and then roll again.

• Like 1

Let me tell you this OP:

This game shows off the true way humanity functions. It shows human nature with a fine toothed come. Humanity, by nature, is deceptive, warlike and extremely belligerent. You can use the excuse, "Well its kill or be killed in this game!" Sure, that has some relevance, but who DOESNT get a rush from killing the competition? And a lot of people have fun tricking people, bringing them into their group and then betraying them; as you experienced. They just used you as a duping sweatshop boy. Call me horribly pessimistic, but this is how we human beings are by nature.

So no, its not "people in this game." You should rename this thread, "Humans are dicks." Thats how humanity is; if you haven't realized that by now then I feel extremely sorry for you.

Tl;dr: Humanity is belligerent and dishonest. You were a retard for trusting them.

Edited by Slazors92
  • Like 4

Rofl. Okay. Welcome, you haven't been to the real world yet, have you?

People don't do this in the real world.

Dog-eat-dog

Doggy dog is the new dog eat dog..haven't you been keeping up ? I partially blame Snoop Lion.

• Like 3

Yup, I think it was rocket who sort of said this too: Replace the word 'game' in your title with 'world'. And there you have it. Get used to it. :D

So you were trying to make a deal with hackers and we're supposed to feel sympathetic?

Totally agree with this guy,

from what you just told us, you went to trade with a guy,

found out there was a hacker in their group and instead of thinking "im a legit player I don't want any part of that" you decide your ok with duplicating items and hey this guy is a hacker and you could get all the gear you ever dreamed of.

There are people that claim to have morals in this game and you are not one of them, you saw an opertunity to hang with hackers and got screwed and deserved everything you got.

• Like 1

"lulz welcum 2 da reel wurld"

no fucking shit. my point is the assholes let me run 20km and give them my shit just so they could betray me. If they wanted to they could've just fucking killed me beforehand and not made me waste time. I play solo and my best friend stopped playing with me, so I was looking for someone to play with and have fun. Its one thing to betray a stranger, but to act like their friend for 3 days and then do that?

I made a "friend" on dayz who I don't particularly like enough to play with him, and my best friend knew that. My best friend was up at NEA bleeding out with a bandage and we asked him if he could go up to NEA and bandage him. He said he would and I thanked him because I couldn't. Later, my best friend messages me (he's a dick sometimes, but I talk some morals into him.. or at least try.) and he tells me that he hates the kid and as soon as he bandages him he's going to kill him. I told him no and that would be unusually cruel. I'm down for being a dick once in a while, but not to that extent. That's my point, and MuchHigher got it right. It's very easy for you to sit back and say "lol git used 2 it qq," but if it happened to you I'll bet you'd be equally as mad.

And the thing about the hacker;

usually I'm extremely anti-hacker, and I've never cheated online nor affiliated with them. I guess this was a first.in fact I played a game called MGO, if any of you are familiar with it, for 3 years, which was tormented by 20% of the community being glitchers, and others DDoSing servers/IP's every single night for hours. After MGO went offline I wanted something to replace it, and DayZ seemed like a suitable option. The fact is, this game just isn't as fun at full value when solo, that's why I stayed with them. I still got my stuff legit, they just didn't. Supposedly the hacker was a 1 time thing anyways.

Edited by unSeen 1
  • Like 1

Shit happens.

Return your dice to the cup; shake vigorously, and then roll again.

what a great quote. I'm thinking about writing that on my wall.

It's what happens when man-children gain access to the internet. Anonymity makes them feel safe so they act like they do without fear of repercussions. Games like DayZ where "Survival" is the point of the game just gives them an excuse. Then you get those same people on here saying "lolit'spartofthegame" but they seem to be confusing Survival for acting like a fucking tool.

in the end, OP, You're better off learning from your mistakes and avoiding all possible contact with them and only trust people you actually know.

• Like 1

"lulz welcum 2 da reel wurld"

no fucking shit. my point is the assholes let me run 20km and give them my shit just so they could betray me. If they wanted to they could've just fucking killed me beforehand and not made me waste time. I play solo and my best friend stopped playing with me, so I was looking for someone to play with and have fun. Its one thing to betray a stranger, but to act like their friend for 3 days and then do that?

I made a "friend" on dayz who I don't particularly like enough to play with him, and my best friend knew that. My best friend was up at NEA bleeding out with a bandage and we asked him if he could go up to NEA and bandage him. He said he would and I thanked him because I couldn't. Later, my best friend messages me (he's a dick sometimes, but I talk some morals into him.. or at least try.) and he tells me that he hates the kid and as soon as he bandages him he's going to kill him. I told him no and that would be unusually cruel. I'm down for being a dick once in a while, but not to that extent. That's my point, and MuchHigher got it right. It's very easy for you to sit back and say "lol git used 2 it qq," but if it happened to you I'll bet you'd be equally as mad.

Exactly. Your point is that they let you run 20 klicks and have you give them their shit so they could kill you.

LULZ WELCUM 2 DA REEL WURLD

Idiot.