zak757

If You Could Add 1 Weapon to DayZ...

Molotov cocktails. It'll attract zombies like moths to a flame' date=' ^^

[/quote']

I like this.

Not really a weapon but:

-snip-

Russian T-34. Pray to whatever god you believe in if you run into a team that's managed to fix one of these up.

Ironically (?) that exact model, the T-34-85, is in ArmA 2. Plus, the AT4 can be found around in DayZ, so why not give it something to kill/maim?

In terms of guns, I'd want any pistol. Any at all. DayZ needs more pistols.

I want a Red Ryder B.B. gun. I could put zomble's eyes out and then hide from them, while they then stumble around, swinging their arms erratically in the direction of any sound they hear.

More AK variants (AK-47, AK 101, AK 103, AK-107), and the RPK LMG! (PKM would be fine too)

Only makes sense that on a post Soviet Russian island there is a Russian standard LMG...

Right now all the LMG are american, while the RPK/PKM don't even exist ingame even though it was more mass produced and every Russian/Soviet squad had one.

It should be like the AK in damage, noise, fire rate recoil and blah blah blah but with a massive magazine for mowing down zombies in purely awesome fashion.

Picture of this baby (RPK):

t5qhpi.jpg

PKM:

208xs3r.jpg

I'd love an as Val. An an-94 wouldn't be bad either.. But I just wish there were more options for weapon attachments.. Mostly optics.. But it would be nice if you could find a grenade launcher to attach to your gun.. Rather than just having to find that version of the gun

P90 and P90 silenced...of course with holo or red dot sights.

I like the idea of RPK. Having a compound bow isn't a great idea I don't think... I'd want to use it for long range arrow arcing, but idk if the bullet drop physics would be able to simulate an arrow arc very well. Stick with fixing the crossbow, in my opinion. Also more support weaponry... flash bang, etc. Right now I've only really found smoke grenades...dunno if there's anything else besides the raaaare satchel charges.

.22 pistol and rifle - because it is lightweight and pretty silent. Headshot will kill with one shot, body hits wont cause much damage though so arm well

.22 pistol and rifle - because it is lightweight and pretty silent. Headshot will kill with one shot' date=' body hits wont cause much damage though so arm well

[/quote']

I approve of this.

This should also be classified as a civilian weapon, so it should spawn in civilian buildings and be more common. The ammo should be common as well.

FN P-90 TR, sexy little SMG with armor peircing rounds as standard.

Would be as rare as rocking horse shite though, especially with its funky little horizontal mags.

TAVOR (Tar-21), "CTAR version (Spec ops version). i just love all about that gun.

tavor_01.jpg

Magazines: STANAG

Fire Modes: Semi-Auto, full auto

Shots to Kill: 1 (head), 3 (body)

Effective Range: 400m

Rate of Fire: 800 RPM (peak)

Muzzle Velocity: 890m/s

Noise: High

Recoil: Low

Locations: Military Baracks, Hangar, helo crash site.

Zeroing: No

Attachments: built in laser pointer (IR)

Special Abilities: Bullpup: taking 7 slots in a bag.

Rarity:

Barracks: 0.05%

Hangar: 0.05%

Crashed Helo: 0.10%

Or the 9mm version if an assault rifle is too much.

Tar-21(...)i just love all about that gun.

They should put that one in, including the possibility of slamfire, so you can shoot yourself in the foot while reloading

Ruger 10/22 .22 caliber semi automatic rifle. In production since 1964, over 5 million made and sold wordwide.

Quite, effective (headshots), ammo is cheap, lightweight, abundant.

Also add various magazines in different capacities that are readily available for the 10/22: 10 round, 20 round, 30 round and 50 round drums.

The ultimate Zombie killer.

Mosin or maybe a PPSH or SKS. I really don't care for Russian/Soviet weapons IRL other than the Mosin which I used to own one, but more "rustic" eastern guns would fit the setting better than OMGWTFBBQMegaMG.

Pot shots are more fun than full auto engagements, well until the guy you are taking pot shots at DC's.

Yeah I think Mosin gets my vote for sure.