Jane Past

Finding a Home.

While I'm not exactly new to this game I thought this might be helpful to others.

I've spent a lot of time to the SW of the NWAF. You could even call it my home.

It's got a lot of forest, pustoshka's pretty easy to get in and out for food and water, if I ever need military supplies the NWAF is right there, and best of all people like to hide their tents in the forest nearby.

The problems I have is mainly that it's home to high end pvp, AKA silent death, as well as the fact that all the medical supplies are all the way across the map.

So my question is: Is there any place you call home or have considered doing so and why?

• Like 2

Never stayed alive long enough, tried to find NW Airfield without a map or compass, got terrible lost but at least got to see a lot of forest. Then a bad spawn put back in Cherno.

Join my server and make it ur home.

LU286

94.242.227.186:2342

There is lots of vehicles on it and its running 24/7 with 4 restarts per day.

Version 1.7.2.5

No nametags

50 slot

Home is where the loot is.

Home is where the loot is.

Home is where my boot's are

Thats a good question, in the beginning the North-West of Cherno was my Home, later i combined this with Balotta runs. The 5 apartments, the northern hospital and some quick runs to the supermarket... risky but fun.

Later when I started moving North I discovered the North East for me, Polana, Berenzino, Krasnostav and the North East Airfield are almost ideal to live for a longer time. Supermarkets, Hospital, Airfield, Military Tents, Deerstands and Heli crashes are frequent enough and you tend to find players like me, solo, cautious, geared and slightly hostile but there are much less snipers or massive groups which can mean a sudden and frustrating death when playing solo. And Stary Sobor is near enough for a quick lootrun.

Spent a good portion of my previous life living at Black Lake. Plenty of good rock cover and forest around the lake to set up a tent Infinite water supply for canteens & plenty of wildlife to eat, NE airfield is a short jog away for any military grade ammo that needs replacing. Berezino is very close also with apartments, supermarket and school etc. if you feel the need to loot. Two UAZ spawns very close, an ATV spawn at Klen hill and about 4 deer stands in the area between the lake and Berezino. Also a PBX spawn right to the east on the coast line. It is pretty easy to survive there almost indefinitely until you get bored of it.

• Like 1

Home is where my boot's are

The floor? Your feet? Either way, I'm not coming round for dinner.

• Like 1

I've been trying to find a home, only been playing a week though, keep getting killed by idiots that don't understand what "friendly" means.

I've been trying to find a home, only been playing a week though, keep getting killed by idiots that don't understand what "friendly" means.

Protip: don't ask. No one really dares to be friendly anymore. This sucks. You're better off joining the Teamspeak of your server (if there is any) and talk to the people there. Ingame you have 0.5% chance of encountering someone friendly. I mean... I tend to be the more kindhearted player, but I know from experience you just cannot trust most of the players out there.

Me and my little group have a home just outside of Berezino. Had access to dear stands, 2 super markets, apartment buildings, and military areas. Didn't run into to much pvp eithier. Only once with a helicopter ambusing one of my group, but too bad for them they didn't know they were the ones getting ambushed. ;)

Now as I think about it. Might have to head back "home" soon.

They aren't idiots, you're playing the game wrong, lol.

'Friendly' doesn't mean 'don't shoot me', it means 'i won't shoot you'. Just because you're friendly, doesn't mean they are. It's nice to help strangers out in this game, but not everyone thinks that way and a lot of people tend to just take the easy way out and just shoot everyone on sight.

If you're gonna try and make contact with someone, first HIDE... Preferably somewhere you can see them but they can't see you... AND THEN try and find out if they're friendly. Even then remember someone could say they're friendly and then still just kill you... I prefer to just hide from other players if I can.

Edited by mZLY
  • Like 2

Spent a good portion of my previous life living at Black Lake. Plenty of good rock cover and forest around the lake to set up a tent Infinite water supply for canteens & plenty of wildlife to eat, NE airfield is a short jog away for any military grade ammo that needs replacing. Berezino is very close also with apartments, supermarket and school etc. if you feel the need to loot. Two UAZ spawns very close, an ATV spawn at Klen hill and about 4 deer stands in the area between the lake and Berezino. Also a PBX spawn right to the east on the coast line. It is pretty easy to survive there almost indefinitely until you get bored of it.

Looks like I just found my new home. Beans sir!

• Like 1

Looks like I just found my new home. Beans sir!

Haha no problem, is a pretty solitary lifestyle up there but in all the time I was there I never saw another player or Zed. You can almost forgot its a zombie apocalypse.

This, it's a good idea though so IMHO you're mistaken if you think no one else has come to the same conclusion, I've got at least one group camped near my base and I've had other survivors try to trail me to base/ambush me in Berezino the last couple of nights.

I've always found the north to be the best unless there is an active Huey on your server. It's soooo expansive so it makes it damn near unbareable for people to search (though I won't lie I've done it before) but with a Huey it's a matter of 10 minutes to find numerous camps. The only bad thing about the north is it's a tad bit out of the way and without vehicles it's quite a treck. I'm currently researching new locations that I can put down a low profile camp that is within walking distance to good loot areas. And when I say low profile I'm talking a tent and maybe a dirt bike or ATV.

Just set up near Zelenogork. It's inconspicuous enough, out of any common paths, heck when I was going back without a map and I couldn't find it for a bit. About 10-15 min walk away from Cherno, and I have a bike to take me wherever from there. Close enough to the meds in the south and the guns in the north that it works out nicely. One drawback is lack of easy water source, but I have the easily scoutable Zeleno supermarket to take care of me.

Edited by HerrJon

All last week there is a small 2 floor building in Elektro right next to the food store. I used it at a hideout and blocked my self inside. There are 3 ways to get in. The back the front and the side. Now lucky I had 3 tank traps on me so I blocked all entrances off. So I had the whole place to my self. No one ever got it as they had to use a tool kit to get in. By the time they even started using the tool kit I would of heard them and killed them or a zombie would of saw them and started attacking.

I stayed alive in there for about 14 hours (over a period of a week). It was easy really keep a look out of the windows you get a good view of the food store and the office building and a good view of the front of the church and the red brick house across the street also the hills surrounding the area. It has got to be the safest option if you want to stick around Elektro. The only bad thing about it is the hills surrounding the area as a sniper could see in the top floor windows but barely.

• Like 1

I've been on both sides of various anti-cheat engines before, but DayZ's appeal to hackers is grand and somewhat atypical due to the relative ease of finding or making a BattlEye bypass / clientiside radar. Thus, I don't consider any permanent location safe and will never stay in one spot for long.

lol the game is about pvp i kill u if i see you

lol the game is about pvp i kill u if i see you

to an extent.. this mod is more about playing it however you like.. which is why many of us like to play it, other wise we'd all be playing one of the other hundred or so pure pvp games on the market.

Edit

Oh and I don't have a home.. what would I do there without a pc and the Internet?

Edited by RogueNZ

While I'm not exactly new to this game I thought this might be helpful to others.

I've spent a lot of time to the SW of the NWAF. You could even call it my home.

It's got a lot of forest, pustoshka's pretty easy to get in and out for food and water, if I ever need military supplies the NWAF is right there, and best of all people like to hide their tents in the forest nearby.

The problems I have is mainly that it's home to high end pvp, AKA silent death, as well as the fact that all the medical supplies are all the way across the map.

So my question is: Is there any place you call home or have considered doing so and why?

Nice topic, well done sir!

I guess where I'd call home or I feel most comfortable is just outside of Zelenogorsk. I spent my first weeks playing heavily around this area and now it always feels like "home" as I pass through.