daspope

Berezino not all its cracked up to be...

So I spawned somewhere near solnichniy and looted around and found a hatchet and a bunch of ammo for stuff im not interested in carrying. Come across a boat with 1/3 tank fuel or so and jump in. start heading down the coast and this boat is tediously slow so I ditch it just south of three valleys.

Work my way to Tulga to see if a car is there... nope. Go to the deer stand N of tulga and find shotgun ammo and tin cans.

Next I decide to head inland more to dolina and look for a vehicle, nothing. found a crossbow and left it there, also found a Makarov woo wooo! Grab the Mak and head to the deer stand N of dolina. I find some Bino's and chem lights...

Head to the factory to see if theres a van or tractor... NOPE! work my way to the deer stand NW of the factory and fine more useless junk.

at this point I am getting frustrated and am contemplating sprinting to elektro, but dont really want to get sniped or run around like a Makarov ninja so I decide to cut through the mountains to Berezino.

Despite not seeing anyone the place seems picked clean, the first market only has some food and stuff like flares. I hit the apartments next to it... first apartment has nothing but an alice pack, I swap my gear over and take it. second apartment has some Makarov ammo and a chest pouch. third apartment has an enfield and 1 mag, luckily I had 4 mags I picked up assuming I would come across one sooner or later.

by this time im artifacting like nuts so I head towards the main part of town away from the artifacts. Hit the second market and get a 1911 and 1 mag... sweet, I held onto 3 mags from before so I have 4 mags for that, no longer a makarov ninja. main part of town is artifacting like crazy too I dont find much else, just another alice pack a hunting knife and some matches. I now have everything I need to sustain myself for the long trip north so I tell Berezino to piss off.

My first trip there was really a let down. Way more artifacting then elektro and no where near as good loot spawns.

Dunno if it was just the server or what but the deer stands were a real let down too, they usually produce me with an AK within about 3 stands. I hit 5 or 6 with out seeing a weapon.

Technically I did find a double barrel shotgun in some barn but I don't even bother picking those up. I've killed more stuff with a hatchet lol.

So yeah... I dont recommend Berezino, I would take elektro over it any day even with the PVP risks.

• Like 2

Berezino can be good for re-fueling, medical supplies and sometimes decent stuff in the military tents. It certainly is no cherno but it serves decent purpose for re-supply when you are north and have a base up there. Krashnotav airfield would be the next place to hit along the way.

I'm in agreement with you on the loot being bad here lately. It seems since the patch (1.7.2.5) loot is more sparse.

Edited by Moshun Unseen

Lol, think I had something to do with saying it was good up there.

I found loads of kit and have trouble with the southern airport. Checked three times last night and it was empty, just a few clips and nothing at all in the hangers. The good thing about Berezino is the fact it's pretty empty so you can get in and out. I've never found anything good at a deer stand.

Your right about the artifacts up there, I get it at the southern airport on some servers and got them in Cherno last night. I've had to quit out of Berezino because it became unplayable at times.

Berezino is an awesome place to live!

hospital

military tents

Barns - guns general loot - tools

apartment blocks (2 sets)

Wood mill - vehicle parts - tank traps - wire fence

fuel depos

plus loads of vehicle spawns around there and the airstrip just to the north...

made many a good camp up there...

You hit 5-6 deer stands and no AK? Welcome to the club, you must feel honoured.

-MONSTER

Seriously, I usually find an AK in deer stands quickly, they are my go-to hot spots for an automatic rifle as a new spawn since they are safe and secluded generally.

I personally have only had good experiences with Berenzino (besides the artifacting at times). It's generally my go-to place for gearing up, and on my off days I will generally live there. It has everything you need, and I guess I just get lucky but there's always something there for me. My first time logging in on the new patch I found in the tent and M4A1, an AKM, and ammo for both. I think you just rocked up after someone has cleaned most of it out.

There are other reasons why Berenzino is good though, hardly anyone goes there and when they do it's generally only 1 or 2 people. They are very easy to hear or see when they are entering, it's not a place where people can generally sneak up on you and if they do there's plenty of cover. My clan and I have had some epic times up there. <3 Berenzino

BTW, anyone else starting to feel like the north is much safer than the south?

• Like 2

But you didn't loot the military tents.... You mussed out on a big part of that city.

they were artifacting way too much even after flushing gfx.

Got my AK now though, just logged into some random server and found a couple tents a few hundred M away from an empty deer stand, looked in the tents and found an AK74 and 4 mags :)

I think the only thing Berenzino has to say for it is the emptiness. Low risk, low reward. However, the hospital has a very easy route in and out.

sooooo gay.... so after I got the AK and ran off, the server apparently restarted cause I lost connection. Connected right back to that server so that if I lost the AK due to no-save I could go and grab it back...

well when I log back in before I even finish loading I see a message saying I was killed, then spawned in wilderness, and its pitch black out.... WTF!

its shit like this that irritates me at times, when you put in a good 4 hours of running around like daniel boone out in BFE then some glitch robs you of it.

hackers I can understand, pvp I can understand... the off chance zombies get me I can understand... but stuff with no explanation at all just irks the crap out of me.

Two stores, a school, hospital, 6 apartments, military tents, a few medium yield stables, 10 medium yield industrials, 2 deer stands (3 if you count the one NW of the hospital), low population compared to Cherno and Elektro. It's easily the best big city for loot. One unlucky trip through the city doesn't mean anything at all.

• Like 1

Haven't been up there, but I know my last time through Elektro was pretty fruitless. I did get meds, food, canteens and a makarov, but everything but the meds I got off other players. Berezino sounds pretty sweet right about now.

well when I log back in before I even finish loading I see a message saying I was killed, then spawned in wilderness, and its pitch black out.... WTF!

its shit like this that irritates me at times, when you put in a good 4 hours of running around like daniel boone out in BFE then some glitch robs you of it.

If this happens again, try disconnecting as soon as you spawn in the plains and go back into the server. should spawn on the shoreline with all your stuff. Chance your corpse might be where you 'were killed' with stuff on it as well.

Berezino is awesome...

I've literally never seen another player there, heard gunshots in the distance a couple of times, but never actually seen another player, and there's often decent stuff in the apartments (camo/ghillies). It's got a hospital and a few military drop points... What more could you ask for?

I favor Berezino than Cherno or Elektro. 2 markets and lots of apartments is a plus. Also, there is no good sniper spots with good sight line so its pretty safe from snipers.

Berezino is one of the best cities imo.

Low populated with this.

Military -> Check

Fuel -> Check

Supermarkets x2 -> Check

Appartments x2 sets -> Check

Hospital -> Check

Vehicle spawns -> Check

Deerstands x3 -> Check

Shitload of smaller places for fast loot/food if those previouse wasnt enough. ;D

I favor Berezino than Cherno or Elektro. 2 markets and lots of apartments is a plus. Also, there is no good sniper spots with good sight line so its pretty safe from snipers.

There is 2 rather good sniping positions that atleast cover some area.

One covers Center of the map and the military tents,

The other area you have a view of the church and the navy parts of town.

There is 2 rather good sniping positions that atleast cover some area.

One covers Center of the map and the military tents,

The other area you have a view of the church and the navy parts of town.

I think what he meant to say is "There are no good sniping spots that dont make you artifact like crazy" lol

plenty of good sniper positions in berezino the biggest problem is the fact that most players skip berezino so if there is a sniper there its a patient one. Or 1 that belongs to a group of players that is there as long range support while rest loots

Never seen anyone in Berezino, I always go there to fill up medical supplies. But it's always better to keep someone watching, just to be safe

Berezino is the safest(depends on server) large city the only problem is artifacts which are around the hospital and military tents.

The solnichy spawn is my favorite since Berezino is close by and this is the best place to get geared up after spawn since there are 2 markets.

So I spawned somewhere near solnichniy and looted around and found a hatchet and a bunch of ammo for stuff im not interested in carrying. Come across a boat with 1/3 tank fuel or so and jump in. start heading down the coast and this boat is tediously slow so I ditch it just south of three valleys.

Work my way to Tulga to see if a car is there... nope. Go to the deer stand N of tulga and find shotgun ammo and tin cans.

Next I decide to head inland more to dolina and look for a vehicle, nothing. found a crossbow and left it there, also found a Makarov woo wooo! Grab the Mak and head to the deer stand N of dolina. I find some Bino's and chem lights...

Head to the factory to see if theres a van or tractor... NOPE! work my way to the deer stand NW of the factory and fine more useless junk.

at this point I am getting frustrated and am contemplating sprinting to elektro, but dont really want to get sniped or run around like a Makarov ninja so I decide to cut through the mountains to Berezino.

Despite not seeing anyone the place seems picked clean, the first market only has some food and stuff like flares. I hit the apartments next to it... first apartment has nothing but an alice pack, I swap my gear over and take it. second apartment has some Makarov ammo and a chest pouch. third apartment has an enfield and 1 mag, luckily I had 4 mags I picked up assuming I would come across one sooner or later.

by this time im artifacting like nuts so I head towards the main part of town away from the artifacts. Hit the second market and get a 1911 and 1 mag... sweet, I held onto 3 mags from before so I have 4 mags for that, no longer a makarov ninja. main part of town is artifacting like crazy too I dont find much else, just another alice pack a hunting knife and some matches. I now have everything I need to sustain myself for the long trip north so I tell Berezino to piss off.

My first trip there was really a let down. Way more artifacting then elektro and no where near as good loot spawns.

Dunno if it was just the server or what but the deer stands were a real let down too, they usually produce me with an AK within about 3 stands. I hit 5 or 6 with out seeing a weapon.

Technically I did find a double barrel shotgun in some barn but I don't even bother picking those up. I've killed more stuff with a hatchet lol.

So yeah... I dont recommend Berezino, I would take elektro over it any day even with the PVP risks.

I know why you didn't get any loot. You forgot to reload your axe.

• Like 1

In Berenzino, I found AK74, MP5SD, AKM, Ghillie suit, Camo suit, M4A1 (1 week)

when i come to Berenzino i just check only tents, markets, high-meduim value residential

low population here, less gunfight

Edited by Negator