Sign in to follow this  
Typheran

Tree Hack and ESP. ETA on fix?

I know there are alot of hackers in this game already, but...

Removing trees from your game client side and ESP ruin the intent of this game.

Today I watched a "teammate" shoot people from on the top of a hill that was covered in trees. I stood next to him and tried to see through the vantage points he did... it was solid trees. He switched targets and again I tried to see how he was able to see the people, but it was solid trees. He then shot two people in a bus about 800 meters away through a horde of trees. When asked to explain how he was able to see them he refused to answer. I rewalked the killing area again and again, hoping I was missing something. I used my sniper rifle, and my binocs but it was clear that he was either the most clairvoyant person in the world or a cheater.

This ruins the game. Granted he was on my team, but Dayz is about the suspense of hiding and finding people. How pumped are you when you play Team Frtress or COD? The answer should be 'not very'. Why? Because you'll respawn in 5 sec with all your gear. Hardcore should be exciting. Obviously this breaks the intent of the game.

We kicked and banned him from our server following this.

I'm glad that the latest battleeye update is helping, but this really needs to be a priority.

• Like 3

I agree there are far to many hackers in DayZ there are some that are funny like the dancing one ect, but the ones like these need to go it basically ruins the game.

• Like 1

Well cheating is always going to exist, that's the nature of online gaming

I had grass shooting at me the other day, I was so confused. Luckily I shot at the muzzle smoke coming out of the ground and managed to kill him.

I was in the the supermarket in Elektro and was shot through the doors at the back by a sniper(I was at the opposite end to the small windows). He was on one of the hills as the crack and boom were some time apart. I presumed it was a a hacker but maybe it was something as simple as this also? Modified or deleted building files?

fucking lol if you think the latest BE patch is doing anything to stop scripting

if anything, its getttin much, much worse

to the point that I can almost backflip a heli around powerlines now

THATS how many helis ive had spawned for me

What kind of terrible servers aren't verifying checksums on pbo files?

Don't play on those servers?

fucking lol if you think the latest BE patch is doing anything to stop scripting

if anything, its getttin much, much worse

to the point that I can almost backflip a heli around powerlines now

THATS how many helis ive had spawned for me

I agree. It's horrible.

I try to play on low pop servers. I log out in trees. I move slow around population centers. I use cover constantly. I avoid the open.

All of this should help midigate being a noob.

Sadly, hackers are even on low pop servers now.

Today I logged in to a group of three pine trees in a valley. I was completely encased in the tree. 2 seconds after logging in I was shot by an AS50 ( or M107).

There were 6 people on my server.

If there are death messages.. there should be 'Killed by' messages. It would help Server admins locate hackers.

This isn't just a BattleEye problem.. Rocket and Bohemia should be working on this on thier end.

Well cheating is always going to exist, that's the nature of online gaming

THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Thanks to Steam, i know that i have played 300 hours of Battlefield Bad Company 2. From that i can guess how much i've played other games online.

Heres the estimation:

The orginal Operation Flashpoint (Arma devs): 1000 hours

Rainbow Six, Rouge Spear, Urban Operations, etc: 6 months with a competitive clan. 1600 hours

Tribes 2: 500

Unreal Tournament 1: 350

Battlefield 2: 200

Ghost Recon 1: 200hours

COD 2: 200 hours

COD3(with openwarefare realism mod): 200

Battlefield 3: 100 hours

Total: 4,250 hours (hacking result: I remember in ghost recon 1, there were two guys that sped themselves up so they were going so fast we could hardly see them and they were shooting at us. We asked them to stop. They did...

Dayz: 78 hours: (hacking result: I get killed by hackers almost every day. Not only that, whey they kill, they usually kill the entire server.) You add that shit up, its a lot of emotional stress on people....and to the ignorant people that reply: It may be just a game for you, but its a mode of escape for others. You know all those people you see doing the jobs you'd never want to do, living a life you can't imagine living?

Edited by Thane
  • Like 1

What kind of terrible servers aren't verifying checksums on pbo files?

Don't play on those servers?

How do you know when your not playing on one?
  • Like 1

THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Thanks to Steam, i know that i have played 300 hours of Battlefield Bad Company 2. From that i can guess how much i've played other games online.

Heres the estimation:

The orginal Operation Flashpoint (Arma devs): 1000 hours

Rainbow Six, Rouge Spear, Urban Operations, etc: 6 months with a competitive clan. 1600 hours

Tribes 2: 500

Unreal Tournament 1: 350

Battlefield 2: 200

Ghost Recon 1: 200hours

COD 2: 200 hours

COD3(with openwarefare realism mod): 200

Battlefield 3: 100 hours

Total: 4,250 hours (hacking result: I remember in ghost recon 1, there were two guys that sped themselves up so they were going so fast we could hardly see them and they were shooting at us. We asked them to stop. They did...?

If you have only ever come across two people cheating in all those games/hours, you are clearly blind.

Edited by smasht_AU

I had grass shooting at me the other day, I was so confused. Luckily I shot at the muzzle smoke coming out of the ground and managed to kill him.

I really hope you filed a cheat report for that.

How do you know when your not playing on one?

Uh, I dunno. Rename one of your pbo's and join a server? If the server rejects you for that reason, revert that pbo's name and rejoin!

Happy DayZ.

Its not that other games don't have hackers...

Most other games don't have script kiddies.

Real hackers are rare.. SK are not.

• Like 1