Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

Petition to remove anti-serverhopping coast spawn UNTIL IT IS FIXED

Serverhopping  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Should anti-serverhopping be removed?

• Yes, UNTIL IT IS FIXED.
    • No, I like spawning on the coast all the time.

So for the ninth time, I have been put on the coast. For some reason, trying to join a server, getting the infinite loading screen or having 2 FPS, then going to another server, is serverhopping. Rocket, PLEASE remove this bullshit. At least remove it until it's fixed. I'm sick of being falsely accused of serverhopping. All in favor?

EDIT: Hmm. It appears that some people are morons. There we go, made that nice and big for you.

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 3

Yeah, agree. I do not at all mind there being a mechanic preventing serverhopping/lootwhoring, but me trying to connect to a proper server (which happens in 1 of 6 tries or something) usually ends up with me back on the coast, having to run for another 30 minutes.

Getting stuck on coast is NOT some anti-server hopping feature.

It is an issue with your location data getting corrupted when you alt+f4 after getting stuck at loading screen.

Don't want to get stuck at loading screen and then get put on the coast? ......

Make sure you are joining a server that is running the same dayz + arma2oa beta version.

Edited by DJNOOB
  • Like 3

It is an issue with your location data getting corrupted when you alt+f4 after getting stuck at loading screen.

don't waste your time, they are too stupid to understand.

• Like 1

I'm not even going to bother with a response other than this.

ummm i have dayz commder set to only show servers with the correct versions of everything, and i still get stuck at the loading screens sometimes..

and when im stuck in "loading" hell if i "end program" i will sometiems end up on the coast..

it esp. suks when u finaly get into a game and its night time (even thou the server reports daylite hours)...GRRRRR

it is not a feature. it is a bug. we all want to fix bugs so no partition is needed

*petition And it's a bug inside a feature. The fix? Remove the feature.

Why is everyone okay with this retarded bug? Why do you vote No?

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Yes it should be either removed to the threshold increased. Until we can define ourselves a home server through an offical game launcher (how can you be expected to remember which of the 100 servers you were on last?)

Why is everyone okay with this retarded bug? Why do you vote No?

for the record i didnt vote. But the bug is easy to work around. when stuck at loading, alt+tab out and run another instance of the game (preferably on a server that you know will load fully). When that one loads, open task bar and end process the arma that has the lowest amount of memory usage. I'm pretty sure this can be done if you get stuck on a third or even fourth loading screen. As long as you don't log off until you are completely logged in on another instance of the game, you won't get stuck at the beach!

(I personally recommend using dayz cmdr to favorite any servers that you have been successful in logging in, as it helps in the long run)

Edited by ptk

I voted no because I believe even though this may or may not be a bug it seems like a step in the right direction to me.

Server hopping is a VERY big problem. People abuse it to loot, infiltrate camps/building, get behind snipers and other players, and use it to safe travel.

All of which to me are game breaking issues which take away from the gameplay experience.

The way it should work is simple, you find a server which is good for your needs and has little lag for you then you add it to your favorites or a preferred list and you make it your home. There is no real reason to server hop. Some may complain they have friends on other servers they want to play with.... both of you need to meet up somewhere sometime, join a different server and you will be spawned somewhat near each other.

People need to stop server hopping and find a more permanent home. Doing so they can slowly build a community on that server by having familiar faces whether good or bad you will build grudges, conflicts and friends by simply meeting a few of the same people over and over.

• Like 1

Welp, in the end you proved him right OP.

Good job.

Don't want to get stuck at loading screen and then get put on the coast? ......

Make sure you are joining a server that is running the same dayz + arma2oa beta version.

Thank you, so much. Nobody should even be replying after reading this

*petition And it's a bug inside a feature. The fix? Remove the feature.

it is not a feature... it is a bug. ive never experienced this bug though coz i always join the servers that match my game version. if you are too stupid to match numbers, this game is too hard for you. I recommand you to play minesweep

You don't have a list of favorite servers to join? I have a list of over 50 on my Dayz commander that gives me good fps. The only thing broken there is the sometimes the day/night cycle is not posted properly, which would suck if you had no way to see in the dark.

Explanation, s'il vous plait?

How about you try reading some of the posts in your thread. It has been repeatedly explained to you.

I voted no because I believe even though this may or may not be a bug it seems like a step in the right direction to me.

Server hopping is a VERY big problem. People abuse it to loot, infiltrate camps/building, get behind snipers and other players, and use it to safe travel.

All of which to me are game breaking issues which take away from the gameplay experience.

The way it should work is simple, you find a server which is good for your needs and has little lag for you then you add it to your favorites or a preferred list and you make it your home. There is no real reason to server hop. Some may complain they have friends on other servers they want to play with.... both of you need to meet up somewhere sometime, join a different server and you will be spawned somewhat near each other.

People need to stop server hopping and find a more permanent home. Doing so they can slowly build a community on that server by having familiar faces whether good or bad you will build grudges, conflicts and friends by simply meeting a few of the same people over and over.

I'm not saying remove the feature completely, I'm saying remove it until it is fixed, then put it right back in. Yes, this is a positive step for DayZ and getting rid of exploiters, but right now it's ridiculous.

OP "Why won't everyone agree with me!? rawr?"

Seriously just don't server hop and you won't encounter this problem. I have no idea how people don't remember a server that they connect fast too and get good FPS. Also this will greatly help you find a vehicle staying on the same server you will actually cover ground and know where vehicles AREN'T and you'll eventually find one. I'm saying this because your obviously new and need help with the game!

[NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

This, is from the 1.7.2.4 patch notes. Now, if I were a betting man, I would bet that this is the bugged feature, NOT some mythical anti server hopping feature.

• Like 1

I'd rather suffer a few false positive trips to the beach, than not punnish server hoppers.

I'm not even sure if coast spawn is an anti server hop feature or just some bug from 1.7.2.5 :l

If it's a feature, NO, don't remove it.