Sign in to follow this  
chernojourno

Your First Murder

Hi all,

So I've been playing DayZ for a while and like Dr Wasteland I've decided to get into the RPG side. My role in DayZ is the Cherno Journo recording the stories of heroism and banditry in the post apocalypse Zombie world.

I've been playing this role for a while and gathering stories for a novel that I'm putting together an now I'd like to interview some players about their first murder. The catch, no You Tube vidoe links or interviews over Skype, we do the interview in game over direct chat.

I've done a bunch of these and it's intense. We set a meet time and meet coordinates, I have a bike so anywhere on the map is fine, and at the set time and place we meet and conduct the interview. I'll go where you say, on your server. You can snipe me if that's your thing but really it's best of we meet, you get interviewed and then depart.

So now I'm looking for people to interview about their first murder. If your keen then PM me, or message me on twitter @Cherno_Journo. Twitter is usually best as it's always on and via direct messaging we can set up a time.

Looking forward to recording your stories,

Cherno Journo.

• Like 14

Your idea sounds great

I'm thinkng about meeting with you

but I still have to consider this very carefully

trust nobody you know

maybe we can meet having my mates as backup with sniper rifles

I'll contact you over twitter if I wanna meet up

Hey I understand the caution.

You can pick the server and location. You can have your mates stand over watch. I'll stand in a the middle of an open field at the middle of the night next to a fire place dancing side to side.

I usually only carry one gun for Zed maintenance which I'll happily hand over.

There's no malice intended. I just enjoying playing this role and recording the stories. That why I let the interviewees call the shots.

Think it over and hit me up.

Edited by Cherno Journo

I met with Cherno Journo ingame. Just letting y'all know that he's legit.

Due to some technical difficulties we didn't get a chance to finish the interview, but I was ingame with him for long neough to confirm that he's not going to axe you in the back.

Cherno Journo, you have my Approval and my Beans. Looking forward to next time.

I met with Cherno Journo ingame. Just letting y'all know that he's legit.

Due to some technical difficulties we didn't get a chance to finish the interview, but I was ingame with him for long neough to confirm that he's not going to axe you in the back.

Cherno Journo, you have my Approval and my Beans. Looking forward to next time.

Hmmm, a user with one post going on to someone's thread, telling about how legitimate it is, and then giving beans.

• Like 1

How about your first DayZ sexual encounter? I can tell you about that. His name was Juan Carlos.....

Oh lord no....Those videos should not surface.

Hmmm, a user with one post going on to someone's thread, telling about how legitimate it is, and then giving beans.

I agree it is suss. But I did try to interview him, we met up but his mic wasn't working and we had to abandon it after meeting up. I asked him to post to at least increase trust and he did. Now it's first post so of course it could look like I just made a new fake account and gave myself beans. I didn't know it was his first post, if I did I wouldn't have asked him to post anything as it could do more harm than good.

I would offer any player with a high post count to submit for interview to legitimize it further. Don't forget the interviewee calls all the shots, I go where you say. I go on the server to determine. I give you my gun if so asked. You can have Guards, snipers, over watch whatever makes you feel safe. I'm not out to grief, I'm a legitimate writer who's also a gamer and is taking on a new role in the mod.

In the Zombie Apocalypse wouldn't you want someone to record your story in case you didn't survive.

Edited by Cherno Journo
  • Like 1

Hide gun in fireplace after they inspect you retrieve gun

Profit

Just messing around with you a bit but I would like to hear some of the stories myself the game makes for some very intense and interesting situations at times.

Edited by Corpselooter

Just did an interview with Cherno Journo, it was fun! He's professional and courteous, and respects whatever safe measures you need to take to feel safe. Everyone should try it out, this is the kind of user generated content that makes games like Day Z different.

I might be up for some interview. but when you say first murder. you mean first time you killed another player (even in self defence) or the first time you stood up and killed a player without any reason? :P

Alright. added you on twitter and will contact you when I know when i'm on with some time to spare :)

I have no murders, but I do have a few bandit kills. Does that count?

• Like 1

Again I'll reiterate.

Forget about the game and it's mechanics that call on type of kill bad (murder) and one type "good" (bandit kill). For the sake of these interviews a murder is when you have killed another player - intentional or not.

Think about the first time you killed someone for the sake of killing them. It could have been an accidental miss fire, or you panicked and shot them or you purposely hunted them to kill them.

What was the situation? How did you feel after the kill? Did it affect your style of play afterwards? Was it a one off or did you get a taste for killing and continue on. etc etc.

I'd say the only thing that really matters is the story good and is it worth being recorded. Other than that I'm not too stuck up on the details of bandit/murder, intended or accidental etc.

Edited by Cherno Journo
  • Like 1

Again I'll reiterate.

Forget about the game and it's mechanics that call on type of kill bad (murder) and one type "good" (bandit kill). For the sake of these interviews a murder is when you have killed another player - intentional or not.

Think about the first time you killed someone for the sake of killing them. It could have been an accidental miss fire, or you panicked and shot them or you purposely hunted them to kill them.

What was the situation? How did you feel after the kill? Did it affect your style of play afterwards? Was it a one off or did you get a taste for killing and continue on. etc etc.

Once you have compiled the stories together where might someone read these I am personally very interested in this as stated before

I'd say the only thing that really matters is the story good and is it worth being recorded. Other than that I'm not too stuck up on the details of bandit/murder, intended or accidental etc.

I may be up for doing this, having only started playing just over one week ago the memory of my first kill is still fresh.

I also am currently setting up a platoon/troop of multiple squads to try take these waste lands for our own. It may possible be arranged for you to come out on a mission with us and interview some of our troops.

For more info about The Outlaws DayZ clan visit our website.

http://www.dayzoutlaws.enjin.com/

I love the idea of going out on an interview while a group is on mission.

Pm me and we'll arrange this best time would be the weekend as I assume you'd have the most people available. I FRAPS all the interviews and once I have enough and have cut in some re-enactments i'll set up a You Tube channel.

I have another two interviews today. One with another DayZ Mod member who has alot of posts. Thanks again NFK for yesterdays interview and post. Hopefully this will start to increase the trust that this is legit and help it to become part of the greater DayZ world.

Just throwing in my two cents: Cherno Journo is legit. He was easy to work with, very accommodating in setting up a meeting time, and let me blather on and on about the philosophical nature of the game's open-world and lack of goals, as well as the moral implications and internal emotions of my first murder. All while sitting on a hill next to a campfire in the rain. It was downright neighborly.

Support his project. Set up a time to do interviews with him. I promise he won't shoot you.