So I ran out from NWAF today only to find a tent in the outskirts of the airfield, with a M4A1 Holo SD. (Camo, I think.. Holo scope, Underslung launcher and silencer) Is this scripted in?

Yes, it is. It isn't in the game and has never been in the game, but as long as you didn't spawn it in, you're allowed to use it.

Yes, it is. It isn't in the game and has never been in the game, but as long as you didn't spawn it in, you're allowed to use it.

You are not allowed to use it, just not penalized because people would kill hackers and unknowingly had hacked weapons.

You are not allowed to use it, just not penalized because people would kill hackers and unknowingly had hacked weapons.

youre not allowed to use it but not penalized?? sounds like youre allowed to use it....

• Like 1

youre not allowed to use it but not penalized?? sounds like youre allowed to use it....

Read the underlined word.

I forgot what topic it's in, you can find it in the "Rocket AMA" stickied thread about hacking. He stated that if you're found to be holding a hacked item that's in Arma2 but not Dayz, even if you did not hack it in, you can and will most likely be banned.

Zzzz why can't people just use common sense when it comes to hacked weapons. If you're willing to use a hacked weapon, you're just as bad as the hacker. Even more so if it's something that's obviously not in the game

• Like 2

Zzzz why can't people just use common sense when it comes to hacked weapons. If you're willing to use a hacked weapon, you're just as bad as the hacker. Even more so if it's something that's obviously not in the game like TWS AS50s and the like

You people make me laugh. Is it bad to hack, sure it is. Is it a bad thing to take hacked weapons that aren't in DayZ? That's situation. Does it give you an unfair advantage? I could understand people not wanting some kid flying around in an AH-64. Or having an M1151 with a M2 on it. But a rifle? Seriously? The whole rules for rules sake mentality is disturbing. Yeah it's a scumbag thing for a guy to take a hacked rifle because he didn't spend hours server hopping the south barracks at NWAF like every fucking one of you did, then putting it all in a tent so that you have five of them just in case you die. But is it really a cause for ban?

You people make me laugh. Is it bad to hack, sure it is. Is it a bad thing to take hacked weapons that aren't in DayZ? That's situation. Does it give you an unfair advantage? I could understand people not wanting some kid flying around in an AH-64. Or having an M1151 with a M2 on it. But a rifle? Seriously? The whole rules for rules sake mentality is disturbing. Yeah it's a scumbag thing for a guy to take a hacked rifle because he didn't spend hours server hopping the south barracks at NWAF like every fucking one of you did, then putting it all in a tent so that you have five of them just in case you die. But is it really a cause for ban?

no its not, hacked weapons are not a big deal to me at all, except when theyre hacking thermal m107s and as50s thats annoying..

Zzzz why can't people just use common sense when it comes to hacked weapons. If you're willing to use a hacked weapon, you're just as bad as the hacker. Even more so if it's something that's obviously not in the game like TWS AS50s and the like

well TWS as50s were in the game, but i doubt any of the ones ive came across is legit, also using it is not as bad as a hacker if i end up killing a hacker who is using a thermal as50 to just kill people for no reason hell yeah im going to take that. you cant say killing a hacker and looting their body is as bad as buying hacks and spawning guns in you didnt earn.

Rocket has said that if you find a hacked in weapon, you can use it. Spawning the weapons will get you banned, using them will not. It's permitted. If you don't want to use them, don't.

no its not, hacked weapons are not a big deal to me at all, except when theyre hacking thermal m107s and as50s thats annoying..

The instawin rifles need to be removed from the game. You're telling me I can't have a backpack on while carrying a 19 pound SAW, but I can carry and fire a 37 pound AM rifle just fine? Seems balanced to me. You don't have to aim, you don't have to range estimate. %90 of servers you can just scroll your mouse wheel and get the range to target.(inb4everyonedeniesplayingonnameplate/crosshairservers) You all do it, so save the badass story about how 1337 you are. Then aim for his pinky toe, and bam, you just killed a guy. It's stupid. Sorry rocket, but any sensible human being would rather carry 37 pounds of provisions over a big useless rifle.

It is in the wiki, so I would assume it is part of the game, not completely sure though. http://www.dayzwiki....wiki/M4A1_Holo

No silencer though, so that one is probably hacked

Doesn't have a grenade launcher or the camo either. Not the same weapon at all.

Rocket has said that if you find a hacked in weapon, you can use it. Spawning the weapons will get you banned, using them will not. It's permitted. If you don't want to use them, don't.

As true as that is, admins might still ban you on sight if you use hacked weapons. Doesn't matter if you don't play on the same server regularly but could be a pain in the ass for those who do.

Zzzz why can't people just use common sense when it comes to hacked weapons. If you're willing to use a hacked weapon, you're just as bad as the hacker. Even more so if it's something that's obviously not in the game

Maybe because not everyone knows all the items that are legit therefore they wouldn't know if it wasn't, when picking stuff up on the fly.. I picked up some satchel charges once and didn't know if they were legit or not til I checked the dayzdb site.

Edited by crockett

I don't think using a hacked weapon is as bad as hacking but that's just personal viewpoint. In my mind there is a distinction between knowingly breaking the rules and using a cheating or game breaking method to get gear in, and simply being the guy that kills the cheater and receives spoils of war and not taking the time to scan the wiki. I also assume every as50tws insane is legit and was hoarded for months, so they're totally legit.

It most likely is hacked, unless the server you are playing on has NPC bandit quests. Then there is a big chance that whoever had that M4 got it from on of the NPC Quests. I have the same gun on a server called Awesome Dayz and i found it after killing a party of bandits with my bud and they had them equiped. I dont know if you can get it camo'd though, that might be hacked.

Maybe because not everyone knows all the items that are legit therefore they wouldn't know if it wasn't, when picking stuff up on the fly.. I picked up some satchel charges once and didn't know if they were legit or not til I checked the dayzdb site.

This. As a two week noob who had never heard of arma before, I had just assumed anything I find8 the game, I can use.

The M4a1 HOLO SD is not in vanilla public hive dayz, but can be found on private servers and various mods of dayz.

You can't be global banned for picking up a hacked in weapon but if it is a banned weapon on the particular server that you are on the server admin can ban you from that server.

This thread is almost a year old..

And welcome to the forums. ;)

Edited by Fluxley

I currently have the weapon. Got it from a friend who duped it, who got it off a guy who supposedly hacked it :P