Sign in to follow this  
jason_m_perry@hotmail.com

CD key in use

Ok,

I log out last night in Ghillie, NVG, L85, GPS etc. Have everything in camp with buddies. Try to log in this morning...first two tries... CD Key in Use. Third try I make it to server only to be in a different place with different gear. Female toon with M1A4 CCO SD, 5 clips, cooked food, cokes, NVG, Range, GPS, no compass, Alice Pack with DMR, some chem lights, DMR 4 clips. If my CD got hacked this seems like funny hacker gear (maybe?).

Anyone have this happen?

At first glance I want to shove a Win 7 disc in my PC and reinstall as I feel hacked. I ran virus software, all is fine. Secondly I'm thinking just buy another CD key, but really is this just a user ID mismatch or something?

Anyone have this happen? Any help would be appreciated.

Someone has stolen your CD-KEY and has either sold it, or is using it himself. It has been stolen from your registry so someone has had access to your registry, you might wanna run some virus scans. Theres nothing you can do about it, although you still can play while someone is not using it.

Same thing happened to me unfortunately. ZomsDie is right, it was taken from your registry (hacked somehow). It was a long process to get it all straightened out to. If you have as much trouble as I did, let me know. I will try to help out.

• Like 1

Oh yea, I saw something like this on the BattlEye page, I think it's a bug with steam or something.

The problem is someone will have a different version of an arma 2 game that also uses the same cd key, which saves to the hive. Now this shouldn't be a problem because they are both 2 different games (the version you have and the version the other person has) but when they are both used to play the same mod (Dayz) then the other person will load your character. I got this information from a arma 2 game developer on a forum. He also said there is no 100% fix except to change some id related to your arma 2, but recently the developers of arma 2 have been sending out new cd keys which fixes this problem but you can run into this problem again if someone buys another version of the game with the same key.

The problem is someone will have a different version of an arma 2 game that also uses the same cd key, which saves to the hive. Now this shouldn't be a problem because they are both 2 different games (the version you have and the version the other person has) but when they are both used to play the same mod (Dayz) then the other person will load your character. I got this information from a arma 2 game developer on a forum. He also said there is no 100% fix except to change some id related to your arma 2, but recently the developers of arma 2 have been sending out new cd keys which fixes this problem but you can run into this problem again if someone buys another version of the game with the same key.

So this issue is only bound to happen to people with "old" ArmA II keys? Good to know, as i just bought it from steam yesterday.

If your CD Key was compromised it was because you tried to download/run an Arma2 cheat and instead YOU got cheated out of your CD Key.

No one to blame for yourself.

INB4 NO WAY. IT MUST'VE BEEN A HACKER SPECIFICALLY TARGETING ME.

Let me just say this. Hackers don't go around the internet looking for Arma2 CD Keys. K? THX BYE

edit: This is also EXACTLY what Battleeye is reporting on their main page.

Edited by devianc

actually you are all wrong, their is a cd key gen that is generating random keys that are already in use, you are very unlucky sir

This. Someone could have used a key generator for Arma2:OA and just got lucky because it just generated a valid key. Which is kind of rare but unfortunately still possible.

I read somewhere (I forget where) that a guy had the same issue found a "keystealer.exe" (obviously that wasn't the file name, but it was along those lines) in his ARMA 2 or DayZ folder after downloading DayZ from a suspicious website. At least thats the story he posted, he could have been installing hacks. Check your files and see if you see anything along those lines.

Or, one of the reasons posted above could be the culprit too.