Buro (DayZ)

Petition: Remove Military bodies to cure Artefacting / Screen Tearing

168 members have voted

1. 1. Should rocket remove dead military bodies to fix the artefacting / tearing?

• Yes, this is an easy temporary fix that will not affect gameplay at all until a real solution is culminated.
    • No, the dead, unlootable military bodies add too much depth and enrichment to Dayz. I couldn't manage without them.

Pretty simple, I hate going into a highly contested zone, NWAF, Cherno, Electro, Stary, etc. possibly spotting other players or hearing gunfire, then experiencing game breaking screen tearing and artefacting from an absolutely unnecessary piece of the game: dead military bodies. They contribute nothing to the game yet ruin the best moments of it, this is just ridiculous. So here's a petition to see what others think, and maybe rocket will see it and perhaps see that an easy fix is in order.

• Like 43

Well, they DO add some immersion, but I could go with this as a TEMPORARY fix, as in, once the matter is pinned and solved, add the bodies back.

• Like 1

The bug needs to be fixed, we played for many months with the bodies causing no problems at all.

Just have to be patient. Removing those bodies does not fix much at all, the other bodies, barb wire, etc will still glitch. I would rather see it done right then some temp quick fix.

The bug needs to be fixed, we played for many months with the bodies causing no problems at all.

Just have to be patient. Removing those bodies does not fix much at all, the other bodies, barb wire, etc will still glitch. I would rather see it done right then some temp quick fix.

The temp fix proposed would take at most 5 minutes of development time while finding the real issue behind it could take months.

If you know nothing about computer game development why talk and make arguments about something you do not know?

Do I come to your job and slap the dick out of your mouth?

[user warned, 3 days PPS. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck

rocket said he fixed barbed wire problems, but nothing was fixed. im fed up with grey n black screens while running into zeds and/or bandits.

Yes, I already suggested in the last patch topic but it went unoticed, its been what, 3 weeks with that glitch? Way too long if you ask me. It render military zones completly unplayable even when you reset your videos options it work half the time.

All these morons above telling you to wait for a patch are delusionnals fools. Rocket is off on his stand alone project, this mod wont see a single patch until rocket launch his stand alone, he is way too busy with that. So mean while, we have to cope with these glitchs that make the mod unplayable for some of us when we reach an area with PROPS dead bodies.

We all know the experiment is over with this itteration of the game. Might as well place one or two programmer in place of rocket so they can focus on bug fixing and make the mod as it is now bug free. They wont add anything new to it, forget it, so might as well make the few features we have in the game stable and bug free.

• Like 1

I don't know what's worse... artifacting or not being able to save stuff in tents or vehicles with the current hive issue.

I agree... just remove the damn things and get it over with. If anything they're annoying when you can't tell if it's an infected or static body in certain locations.

i feel that they should stay, we play the game to help find and fix bugs for the future of the game (although it is shitty to run into this bug) but saying that if they can not fix the problem quickly then remove the bodies until they figure out the issue so we can continue to play. this will bring other issues to light instead of being focused on this one major problem. i understand this is kind of riding the fence but i don't know how much they are working on this particular problem. if its on the back burner then remove them, otherwise they should stay.

I voted 'yes', even though I myself do not have the artifacting-issue since the patch. (granted I've only been to Balota before/after)

But since this seems to still be an issue for so many people, removing them would be the reasonable (temporary) thing to do. (dont know for a fact, but I'd assume not that hard either)

They do not contribute to the immersion NEARLY enough to justify the fact that so many people cant go to the spots where they occur, especially since the bodies arent even lootable.

So if the problem can't be immediately fixed for ALL people, just remove the source of the problem.

Peace.

SD.

The simple fact is. this mod is worthless without being able to loot military areas. stuck with a winchester or enfield. not to mention the best pack in the game spawns in military tents. Your immersion......... dont let a little thing like logic get in the way of your argument... you want immersion let me know when your real life starts freaking out and you cant see anything but crazy triangles. another point that you miss is who cares if the bodys are there or not... YOU CANT EVEN SEE THEM unless you are right on top of it the artifacting makes it almost impossible to see there bodys anyways. why do you care if they are still there if you cant see them. i like the fact that they are everywhere. but they need to be gone untill its fixed.

Yes, I already suggested in the last patch topic but it went unoticed, its been what, 3 weeks with that glitch? Way too long if you ask me. It render military zones completly unplayable even when you reset your videos options it work half the time.

All these morons above telling you to wait for a patch are delusionnals fools. Rocket is off on his stand alone project, this mod wont see a single patch until rocket launch his stand alone, he is way too busy with that. So mean while, we have to cope with these glitchs that make the mod unplayable for some of us when we reach an area with PROPS dead bodies.

We all know the experiment is over with this itteration of the game. Might as well place one or two programmer in place of rocket so they can focus on bug fixing and make the mod as it is now bug free. They wont add anything new to it, forget it, so might as well make the few features we have in the game stable and bug free.

Dude i honestly hope that you are wrong, i just started to play that game and it's amazing and twice as much annoying. not saving stuff and artifacts is major issue, its not like that little bug sitting there and waiting for fix. This should be fixed RIGHT AWAY. Takes too long, so i think your post may possibly be true.

True story. Just remove the crap and take care of the ambience later on.

This is an alpha/beta release. It's for finding and fixing bugs. The screen tearing is a major bug affecting a large portion of the playerbase and is not being fixed. THAT is a problem.

Take the bodies out. Fix them or not, but let the players play.

Testing of features is alpha, fixing of bugs is beta.

Though he should fix this particular one, and he has tried, I don't think he'll just remove it.