Sign in to follow this  
lukeandstuff

Massive hacker camp

1: server us 29

2: 8/19/12 12:00pm east coast time (-4 gmt)

3: cords 003 - 067 saw a few players in it but do dint get any names, I Personally saw 30 portable generators, 20 something soldiers cloths and other things that were spawned In but I don't know how to describe. Also several rotb grenades. Looked like 20+ tents and several vehicles and the middle of some trees. Cords fairly accurate as I had gps

After i found the camp I was teleported to coast with the rest of the server and then teleported into the sky

Friend confirmed it was still there today and has flattened tents but will of course pop back up at next restart. Unsure what you can do about it but felt it was best to report it

• Like 1

So you wanted to be a douchebag and announce camp locations? Who gives a shit if it has hacked items in it. Talk to the admin to see about finding who it belongs to so he can take care of it. Instead you decided to be a fucking moron and tell players where to get hacked in items.

Edited by Dev

So you wanted to be a douchebag and announce camp locations? Who gives a shit if it has hacked items in it. Talk to the admin to see about finding who it belongs to so he can take care of it. Instead of being a fucking moron and telling players where to get hacked in items.

Or Rocket could just disallow those items in the HIVE.

Or Rocket could just disallow those items in the HIVE.

He could but people do not need to be told where hacked items are. Some idiot will take one of those soldier outfits/generators, join some random server and get banned for being a suspected hacker. Then they will come here and cry for a blacklist even though it was their fault.

He could but people do not need to be told where hacked items are. Some idiot will take one of those soldier outfits/generators, join some random server and get banned for being a suspected hacker. Then they will come here and cry for a blacklist even though it was their fault.

You cannot be banned for having hacked weapons.

Ok dev how about you calm down. The name calling and other stuff isnt really helpful.

I didn't think the few people who might go get hacked items would be near as important as bringing it to devs attention. Didn't go to sever admin as I had doubts of something like that existing that with out admin being absent or involved. Not saying it isn't possible he wasn't involved just seemed best to go to devs first and let them decide to what to do.

I doubt there was a black Friday rush to get hacked items and anyone who did would have found flattened tents for the first few hours, maybe as many as 24 depending on the next reset. Plenty of time for devs to act and if they didn't care enough to why should you?

Doesn't matter. Visited camp, nothing there of any interest. Portable Generators = Useless and Not hacked anyway (I've seen them spawned before), Soldier Clothing = unsure if hacked, I've seen conflicting reports, RGO grenades - Don't see the big deal, don't seem to be any different from M67 Frags

You cannot be banned for having hacked weapons.

I think you'll find many SA's that will rwmove you from their servers if you are running sround with scripted in stuff, especially if you are asked to get rid of it and ypu say "Rocket says i can use these illegal weapons as long as i didn't script them in" The kick/ban would be well deserved.

• Like 1

If you are kicking people for bringing in hacked weapons when they didn't hack the weapon in you can be reported for admin abuse and it will fly. You can not kick / ban for hacked in weapons because rocket has stated it's not illegal to carry them only to spawn them in.

• Like 1

If you are kicking people for bringing in hacked weapons when they didn't hack the weapon in you can be reported for admin abuse and it will fly. You can not kick / ban for hacked in weapons because rocket has stated it's not illegal to carry them only to spawn them in.

I am fully aware of what Rocket has said. If we see someone with a weapon/vehicle that is not legally in the game (scripted in), we will ask them to get rid of it. If they refuse, and say "Rocket says I can use this weapon/vehicle to gain an advantage over you", they will be kicked. If they return and continue to use it, they will be banned. It is common sense, the weapon/vehicle is not in the game for a reason, if you are made aware of the fact, and choose to continue cheating, you won't play on our server.

And you will get blacklisted. The person who created the game says, you can not ban for this. You apparently just feel that's you're a special snowflake and the rules don't apply to you because you're doing good things for the server. Cute.

Doesn't matter. Visited camp, nothing there of any interest. Portable Generators = Useless and Not hacked anyway (I've seen them spawned before), Soldier Clothing = unsure if hacked, I've seen conflicting reports, RGO grenades - Don't see the big deal, don't seem to be any different from M67 Frags

It is a shame that a large amount of duped items is nothing of interest. If you travel anywhere you are going to come across these.

If we are so nonchalant about this, it becomes also ok to use some scripted in weapons. Then it becomes a game of run to the magic chest and kill everyone.

Tandwan, you should be thanking the active Admins for at least attempting to stamp on a forest fire with a wet towel. It is a tiny local ban while damage control is done

And you will get blacklisted. The person who created the game says, you can not ban for this. You apparently just feel that's you're a special snowflake and the rules don't apply to you because you're doing good things for the server. Cute.

TBH, I really don't think that any server will be blacklisted because they gave fair warning to someone who is using an illegal weapon/vehicle in the game, then removed them from the server.

"Doing good things for the server", that is a GREAT quote. That is exactly what we are doing, insuring that there is a level playing field for EVERYONE on the server.

Like I said, it is common sense, something that is greatly lacking in this community. If someone has something that no one else can obtain, without cheating, then they should not have it/be using it. It is UNFAIR to the other legitimate players.

• Like 2

Do you accidentally dupe backpacks when you switch into camo / ghillie? Did you relog and get all your ammo back in patchs other then 2.5? Did you ever abort out from zombie aggro? If you said yes to any of the above, then pot meet kettle.

Do you accidentally dupe backpacks when you switch into camo / ghillie? Did you relog and get all your ammo back in patchs other then 2.5? Did you ever abort out from zombie aggro? If you said yes to any of the above, then pot meet kettle.

Are you being stupid on purpose?

TBH, I really don't think that any server will be blacklisted because they gave fair warning to someone who is using an illegal weapon/vehicle in the game, then removed them from the server.

"Doing good things for the server", that is a GREAT quote. That is exactly what we are doing, insuring that there is a level playing field for EVERYONE on the server.

Like I said, it is common sense, something that is greatly lacking in this community. If someone has something that no one else can obtain, without cheating, then they should not have it/be using it. It is UNFAIR to the other legitimate players.

Agree to disagree, sir. Only the most powerful weapons are disallowed in the Hive. Hackable weapons don't give a real advantage because every weapon in Arma has its own pros and cons. Without the exception of the AS50TWS there's no hackable weapon that would give anyone a real advantage over other players, since they aren't much better than similar legit weapons. No script can spawn a weapon with camo, suitable for both CQC and sniping, silenced, usable with NV or thermal and killing in one shot. All these features are available with different legit weapons and it depends on the individual playing style which one to use. The Arma weapon range is very, very well balanced. There's no BFG 2000.

Edit: the point I wanted to make is that it would be high time for new weapons to be allowed in, or at least tolerated unless they get spawned in by the hundreds.

Edited by wonderpet

You can't report them and they can't be blacklisted. Try not being a retard next time and reading about banning people who have hacked weapons. Stupid kids like you always try to tell people the rules, only because you use hacked weapons and alt-f4 because you think you won't be punished. Also Ander has banned people for using hacked weapons so you might want to get your facts straight instead of looking like a fucking moron.

BTW, in that post you're linking in your Signature, he is referring to BE bans, not server bans.

You can't report them and they can't be blacklisted. Try not being a retard next time and reading about banning people who have hacked weapons. Stupid kids like you always try to tell people the rules, only because you use hacked weapons and alt-f4 because you think you won't be punished. Also Ander has banned people for using hacked weapons so you might want to get your facts straight instead of looking like a fucking moron.

Hey Dev, I see you're still pissed off at the world, eh? Read the thread snowflake, then get back to me when you put that foot in your mouth. Maybe this is a bit beyond your scope of understanding so let me dumb it down for you.

If you ban people for any reasons not listed by Rocket you can get blacklisted. Plain and simple. Notice what I said Snowflake, you can be banned, not you will be banned. I'm not an admin or a developer of this game so therefore I can't give out punishments but there are specific rules for admins that are posted on what we can and can not ban for. I'll check back tomorrow for another rage induced thread of hate from Dev.

there are specific rules for admins that are posted on what we can and can not ban for. I'll check back tomorrow for another rage induced thread of hate from Dev.

And what you have in your signature is incorrect, so it seems you do not fully understand either.

How are we meant to know whats scripted in and whats not, all the guns are called random shit like SCAR SA-80 AWS HOLO CCOSD Revolver Gold. DE9. If thermal scope is in the game legit, does it even matter what else ppl use.

I ran into a white hat hacker, i didn't know he was a hacker but long story short after he heard i lost my gear to hacker death he spawned gear into my back pack without asking.

I burned all of the "extra" items he gave me, ones that i hadn't lost to the hacker the day before (as50, clips, ghillie), and kept the rest. All gear i have is in the game.

If i somehow got banned for this it would be total crap. I received unsolicited hacker redemption.

Besides this, I've played 100 percent legit, and lone wolf.

*Edit: blargh, where's a post flood check when you need one.

Edited by BioHaze