fully

How about a Kill Cam?

all the hackers and PKers are saying NO. because if this was implemented they would be killed more and they wont be able to sit oin 1 spot and snipe people all day

How about you sit down for 5 seconds and think about this before blatantly posting stupid shit like that.

Allow me to set up a perfect example of why this would be horrible.

I'm playing with my friend. He has an AK and is in a grocery store. I have a sniper and am sitting up in the bushes covering him from afar. We are not bandits, I'm simply there for if shit goes down.

Some asshole and his 3 mates show up. They see my friend in the grocery store and start firing. I shoot one of them, purely in the defense of my friend. He gets a killcam and knows exactly where I am and can tell his friends. Now instead of me being a horrifying menace from the distance (As snipers are meant to be) I'm incredibly vulnerable and they can effortlessly kill me and my friend.

Killcams are NOT the solution to hackers and random one-shots.

well if your mate is in the store he will only be there for maybe 60 seconds and move on. he wont be picking up everything. 60 seconds. if you shoot someone then they come after you they have to run to you. you have a sniper rifle and are zeroed. they are not. they will have to aim off to hit you if they can even see you without a scope. . in that time you can still shoot them. plus if your there to cover your mate he would go out of LOS every few seconds due to buildings and doorways.

your an idiot. how about you think before you post. like i said the only people that will winge are PKers.

I think if the camers showed where they were for maybe 1 seconds just so you could get an idea, 1 second will not give their position away but the sniper then should know he has to mov instead of sitting in the 1 spot killing people all day for a kill count

this has been suggested several times.

No.

I get what he's saying, yesterday i was running in the woods and then zzzipp, i fall over, "you are dead." I know it would be a gamebreaker, and admins should have the option to turn it off, but sometimes i wish i just knew, almost so i could congratulate the guy for the a good shot

well if your mate is in the store he will only be there for maybe 60 seconds and move on. he wont be picking up everything. 60 seconds. if you shoot someone then they come after you they have to run to you. you have a sniper rifle and are zeroed. they are not. they will have to aim off to hit you if they can even see you without a scope. . in that time you can still shoot them. plus if your there to cover your mate he would go out of LOS every few seconds due to buildings and doorways.

your an idiot. how about you think before you post. like i said the only people that will winge are PKers.

I think if the camers showed where they were for maybe 1 seconds just so you could get an idea, 1 second will not give their position away but the sniper then should know he has to mov instead of sitting in the 1 spot killing people all day for a kill count

:facepalm:

Again that completely destroys the entire point of being a sniper. The enemy should be shitting their pants and diving for cover, not hiding and working their way to me.

And how do you know that my friend is only in the store for 60 seconds? Shit happens it may take far longer. You don't know what he's going to grab. Plus, since there are very few places where you can be at true sniper distance (800m+) I would most likely be like 300m away, meaning 3 guys with assault rifles would kick my ass if they knew right where I was.

So if the 10 things you assume are happening go exactly that way, then it wont be terrible. But in any other situation it would be.

Seriously, think. Just think, it's not that hard.

all the hackers and PKers are saying NO. because if this was implemented they would be killed more and they wont be able to sit oin 1 spot and snipe people all day

No, everyone is saying no because its a stupid idea. If there was a enemy tracking your group all he has to do is kill one of you and you all can just gun him down cause the dead guy could of said where he was from the killcam.

You do know how easy it is to run from cover to cover and flank a person right? You may not lose the snipers sight but he cant hit you if your behind cover and just keep sprinting from cover to cover taking time to make sure zombies arent going kill you and once you hit the treeline your kind of safe cause the trees can give a little cover.

@thread op

How about insurance when you loose items after death so you keep them ?

how about a total carebear special addon for the whole game ?

seriously man .... just no ... *facepalm*.

this game is based on infiltration. kill cam would ruin the game.

the metagame is muchmore important over the long term especially in a game that is a lot based on infiltration and stealth(survival)

if you had kill cam teams would instantly spot you in 1v4 situations and you'll be dead before you could snipe the 3 you usually did without kill cam.

so this is basically a new sort of choice you are offering to us :

-do i prefer to kill 3 guys and hope kill the 4th one without beeing spoted.

or -

-do i want to die and see where my murderer was ?

what the point into this .except if you died @ electro you wont be able to comeback to the place faster enough.

after this little analysis i think you are more frustrated not to be able to give position to your teamspeakfriends than dying alone without knowing where was your murderer.

i might be wrong but no beans for you , this kind of sharing information at poker is named collusion and is a form of cheating i see a kill cam exactly the same as collusion , it would allow you to share unknown information to players that are still in the game (which is a sort of cheating)

Edited by Shuggoth

If you're in a team, and you go down, and can give information on your attacker, it's metagaming, which isn't discouraged or condemned, it's the way things work. At most, I can give a teammate rough location of killer, unless I'm one shot, then I would have to rely on my team hearing the shot and determining the shooter's location. (Assuming we're talking snipers. CQB I could probably give a teammate exact building and room.) However, any of this information is limited to how well I communicate with my team, how well my team listens, and how accurate my observations were--inotherwords, I'm human and prone to giving misinformation.

Killcams are cheap metagaming, but give too much information--dare I say it--Gamebreaking information. It takes the guesswork out of where is safe and where isn't safe. A killcam is going to show you your enemy's location correctly 100% of the time.

Sure occasionally, whenever I'm dropped from seemingly nowhere, I'm a bit curious about what sector I didn't scan thoroughly enough, but never curious enough to the point of desperately wanting to know, or even wanting a kill cam. I just chalk it up to an error on my part and move on.

So, in short answer to your suggestion: Please, no.

• Like 1

:facepalm:

Again that completely destroys the entire point of being a sniper. The enemy should be shitting their pants and diving for cover, not hiding and working their way to me.

And how do you know that my friend is only in the store for 60 seconds? Shit happens it may take far longer. You don't know what he's going to grab. Plus, since there are very few places where you can be at true sniper distance (800m+) I would most likely be like 300m away, meaning 3 guys with assault rifles would kick my ass if they knew right where I was.

So if the 10 things you assume are happening go exactly that way, then it wont be terrible. But in any other situation it would be.

Seriously, think. Just think, it's not that hard.

your a sniper at 300m away. = fail sniper. asaault weapons are zeroed to 300m with no scope.

now if you shoot a guy and a kill cam shows a guy somwehere in the bush watching the store. you know how juch bush is surounding that town? 3-4km or further the further away you are. the cam shows a guy for 1 second. the guy who was shot would have to pin point the position and tell his mates. his mates would have to figure out which of the 9094 trees he is talking about where you are sniping from. in the mean time you have plenty of time to see his friends looking for you somewhere in a general direction but cant pin point it. also they have to watch out for zombies. Oh wait a zombies sights his friends and they have to defend themselves. you see his mates shooting and running from zombies giving you even more time to shoot them

learn to snipe if you cant do the above.

If the DayZ game would show the person who killed you, you could definitely get rid of some of the hackers. I'm sure a lot of you dayz players have been teleported to an open area by a hacker and then got mowed down. If someone videos that happening, we can easy identify the hacker. And i know this would be beneficial in a number of other scenarios.

Also, there would probably be an overflow of accusations, so the staff would have to develop a ticket system of some sort to handle all of the accusations or something... maybe the moderators could handle it i dont know...

This would only get rid of a small number of the hackers, so we would have to figure out another way to stop them, but this is a simple update that would at least decrease the amount of hackers by a little. A simple update could make the dayz experience just a little bit more enjoyable.

If not maybe if you study the body you could see your killer?

people are playiong COD in here already. playing to PK and not survive. you get much more PKing in COD so go play COD. Bring a kill cam in so you can sit and PK all day like you do in COD. COD COD COD. its also a fish

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess the main information op would like to have about his killer is:

1. The name of the killer

2. The weapon used ( if not determined by sound )

3. Maybe the clothes

If we reduce it to these three informations I would be perfectly fine with it.

It doesn't neccessarily have to be a killcam ... just print a line of text saying:

You were killed by name, wearing clothes, using a weapon

Server admins, however, should of course be able to switch this off.

Maybe even parts of it ... so there is only the name shown.

This isn't soldier of fortune. The mod isn't about flashy fast paced killing. There is suppose to be no joy or glamor in death or murder, only beans.

If you are killed by a gunman and you didn't get a look at them, you know the area they are in. what more do you want? Maby we can find helmets with mirrors on them to get a better look at our surroundings.

Edited by Nalyid

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess the main information op would like to have about his killer is:

1. The name of the killer

2. The weapon used ( if not determined by sound )

3. Maybe the clothes

If we reduce it to these three informations I would be perfectly fine with it.

It doesn't neccessarily have to be a killcam ... just print a line of text saying:

You were killed by name, wearing clothes, using a weapon

Server admins, however, should of course be able to switch this off.

Maybe even parts of it ... so there is only the name shown.

this is already on some servers and I think its great. its good when you see 15 people killed in 20conds by the same person. Instant hacker ID. Or you have friend on the coast killed by bindit. then all of a sunned you see someone killed at the NWAF by bandit. then at stary by bandit. HACKER!!!.

the people that dont want these in place are the people who want to play COD in DayZ and instead of surviving they want to kill players and nothing else. If they did this in real life the human race would not exist. Or they are hackers and want to stay hackers and not be caught

HOW ABOUT COD?

How about taking improvement suggestions even a BIT serious? -_-"

It's possible that he got this idea spontaneously and didn't think it through ... but

what I learned so far is that in this community there are no serious discussions

about suggestions. There are most likely just a bunch of idiots posting "No".

• Like 1

It's possible that he got this idea spontaneously and didn't think it through ... but

what I learned so far is that in this community there are no serious discussions

one of the smartest people in the folder. yey you are not all idiots

EDIT:- This is not an "improvement suggestion" there is no way a kill-cam can be an improvement to a game like this...sorry...

I would bother to reply with an in depth reason why...but this is been suggested so many times and always ends up the same... if people knew how to use a search bar...

And I have had many many serious discussions about relevant and original ideas :)

But with all internet forums flame wars will come and go :D

AJ

Edited by Bobcomss